Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
holly

Leicester City Football Club Take-Over

Is that it from the OS ? ? ?

Surely we're going to get more info than that ? ? ?

God this is frustrating.... but exciting.

I'm surprised you were expecting anything more substantial.

We wont hear anything more solid from the board until it's signed, sealed and delivered. Unless there's a bidding war. :thumbup:

A bidding war it is then!

From the Merc

BY BILL ANDERSON

CHIEF SOCCER WRITER

10:15 - 30 October 2006 A bidding war is set to be launched between millionaire businessman Milan Mandaric and a number of American companies who want to take over Leicester City.

The cash-strapped club is set to listen to offers from interested parties later this week.

Former Portsmouth chairman Mandaric is expected to launch a £25 million bid for the Foxes. But he is said to be among several interested parties who want to take control of the club.

Other bidders are understood to involve some American concerns similar to the Glazer family, who bought Manchester United, and Aston Villa's new owner, Randy Lerner.

City today confirmed that Mandaric, a Serbian-American businessman who has been linked with City ever since he severed ties with Portsmouth earlier this season, is the front-runner. His bid is expected in the next few days.

If City accept his offer they will ease their financial difficulties at a stroke.

A statement from the club said: "We can confirm that the club has been actively looking at methods of generating new investment into the football club.

"Discussions have been held with a number of interested parties and the board is considering a number of options. The club will communicate further with shareholders, supporters and staff as soon as is practicably possible."

The suggested bid of about £25 million would be enough to clear the club's debt, restore the ownership of the Walkers Stadium and leave enough money for a transfer fund for new players.

Mandaric is credited with restoring Portsmouth's fortunes and, while his dream of a new Fratton Park stadium never materialised under his reign, the Walkers Stadium means he will not have to crusade for a new ground.

He made his fortune from a string of businesses in America and Croatia. He has previously owned Belgian club Standard Liege and French outfit Nice.

He took over at Portsmouth in 1998, and his cash laid the groundwork for the struggling Division One side to be transformed into a Premiership club.

Since leaving Portsmouth he has been continually linked with Leicester. He recently said the challenge of steering another Championship club to the top flight was "appealing".

Earlier this month, City announced the club made a £1.6 million profit last season, compared to a loss of £3.5 million the year before. Club bosses said the figures highlighted the fact the club had tightened its belt since it collapsed in 2002, owing £50 million.

The fan-base and modern stadium help to make the club appealing to potential investors.

Leicester City Supporters' club chairman Cliff Ginetta said: "I think that as long as the board and the shareholders are happy with the deal the fans will certainly welcome it.

"We need someone with money to invest - that's been the only thing holding us back. The fans have been talking about this for a long time and I think most would welcome Mandaric."

Just heard on SSN that there will be 'some sort of announcement' within the next 48 hours. Couldnt hear very well as the washing machine was on but thats the gist of what I heard. The plot thickens.....

Just heard on SSN that there will be 'some sort of announcement' within the next 48 hours. Couldnt hear very well as the washing machine was on but thats the gist of what I heard. The plot thickens.....

Sounds to me like the American link is a smokescreen. It's Mandy, and it's bascially signed a sealed. The Board will be busy trying to secure their jobs, and Mandy will be meeting with them and the manager. :o

It's on. Wait and see!

Well done Kayteh.

I have shown your post to Mrs Hullfox and pointed her in the direction of the washing machine.

You set a good example.

not to be too optimistic but champions league here we come haha!!!

COULDNT AGREE MORE :P

Just seen on the news that he has been speaking with the club for months now, he is impressed with Leicester's form and it is certainly looking possible now :D :D

Leicester City Supporters' club chairman Cliff Ginetta said: "I think that as long as the board and the shareholders are happy with the deal the fans will certainly welcome it.

I'm sure the fans will need to welcome it regardless of whether the board and shareholders are happy with it! Milton Keynes, here we come :P

COULDNT AGREE MORE :P

Just seen on the news that he has been speaking with the club for months now, he is impressed with Leicester's form and it is certainly looking possible now :D :D

our form would like good to a potential investor, the consecutive unbeaten league games shows our team is halfway there. a few more quid and hopefully we will be more confident with going forward and who knows what is next :D back to some excitement after some pretty non-eventful years

OFFICIAL STATEMENT

0,,10274~160122,00.jpg

Leicester City today (Monday) issued the following statement:

"We can confirm that the club has been actively looking at methods of generating new investment into the football club.

"Discussions have been held with a number of interested parties and the Board is currently considering a variety of options.

"The club will communicate further with shareholders, supporters and staff as soon as is practicably possible."

From the Sky Sports Website:

MANDARIC CONSIDERING FOXES BID

Former Portsmouth chairman Milan Mandaric has reportedly stepped up his interest in Leicester.

Mandaric left his role at Fratton Park in September but earlier this month revealed that he was considering a quick return to English football with Leicester.

Since announcing there was a 50-50 chance of him buying the club, Mandaric is believed to have been inundated with letters of support from Foxes fans.

And despite saying he would not get involved until the New Year, reports now suggest Mandaric could be set to make a bid this week.

"Leicester are a good club. They have been in the Premier League for six of the past ten seasons," he said.

"They have a nice stadium and good support levels."

(Mandaric considering Foxes bid )

Seems as though something good is finally about to happen for us. I shall be watching this very closely, and hopefully getting ready for a full scale :banana::P

Can someone point out to these people that I am trying to write a 40 page assignment covering the process analysis of an as yet unwritten piece of software...and I am having a bugger of a job while I am also having to check loads of websites every minute or so.

Can we put off this takeover nonsense until after Xmas please so I can crack on?

:banana:

Holly appears to have started this topic, I hope she's okay with that! :D

The joys of merging.

I guess we all have to be patient now and wait for some kind of announcement. Im reserving judgement until I know the facts, it's all hearsay at the moment.

From the Sky Sports Website:

MANDARIC CONSIDERING FOXES BID

Former Portsmouth chairman Milan Mandaric has reportedly stepped up his interest in Leicester.

Mandaric left his role at Fratton Park in September but earlier this month revealed that he was considering a quick return to English football with Leicester.

Since announcing there was a 50-50 chance of him buying the club, Mandaric is believed to have been inundated with letters of support from Foxes fans.

And despite saying he would not get involved until the New Year, reports now suggest Mandaric could be set to make a bid this week.

"Leicester are a good club. They have been in the Premier League for six of the past ten seasons," he said.

"They have a nice stadium and good support levels."

(Mandaric considering Foxes bid )

Seems as though something good is finally about to happen for us. I shall be watching this very closely, and hopefully getting ready for a full scale :banana::P

they are yacking that up from months ago are they not? i'm sure that is word for word what he said in an interview back at the start of september??

Archived