Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
holly

Leicester City Football Club Take-Over

Spare a thought people as we say goodbye to the much respected and oft-maligned Milan Mandaric thread.

During the dark hours of the early season Thready brought consolation and hope to many of us. I know I am not alone in wishing Thready all the best with whatever the future brings it - maybe one day it will return - but in the meantime a hole has been left in my posting heart.

I'll miss you Mandy thread :cry::wave:

they are yacking that up from months ago are they not? i'm sure that is word for word what he said in an interview back at the start of september??

I'm just going on what it says on there atm. It says it was created on the 30th of October 2006, and that is what I'll believe, especially with SSN picking up on the story (as revealed earlier) :) I won't bother next time

CITY AT CENTRE OF BIDDING WAR

More Headlines | Back to home page

3 readers have commented on this story. Click here to read their views.

BY BILL ANDERSON

CHIEF SOCCER WRITER

10:15 - 30 October 2006

A bidding war is set to be launched between millionaire businessman Milan Mandaric and a number of American companies who want to take over Leicester City.

The cash-strapped club is set to listen to offers from interested parties later this week.

Former Portsmouth chairman Mandaric is expected to launch a £25 million bid for the Foxes. But he is said to be among several interested parties who want to take control of the club.

Other bidders are understood to involve some American concerns similar to the Glazer family, who bought Manchester United, and Aston Villa's new owner, Randy Lerner.

City today confirmed that Mandaric, a Serbian-American businessman who has been linked with City ever since he severed ties with Portsmouth earlier this season, is the front-runner. His bid is expected in the next few days.

If City accept his offer they will ease their financial difficulties at a stroke.

A statement from the club said: "We can confirm that the club has been actively looking at methods of generating new investment into the football club.

"Discussions have been held with a number of interested parties and the board is considering a number of options. The club will communicate further with shareholders, supporters and staff as soon as is practicably possible."

The suggested bid of about £25 million would be enough to clear the club's debt, restore the ownership of the Walkers Stadium and leave enough money for a transfer fund for new players.

Mandaric is credited with restoring Portsmouth's fortunes and, while his dream of a new Fratton Park stadium never materialised under his reign, the Walkers Stadium means he will not have to crusade for a new ground.

He made his fortune from a string of businesses in America and Croatia. He has previously owned Belgian club Standard Liege and French outfit Nice.

He took over at Portsmouth in 1998, and his cash laid the groundwork for the struggling Division One side to be transformed into a Premiership club.

Since leaving Portsmouth he has been continually linked with Leicester. He recently said the challenge of steering another Championship club to the top flight was "appealing".

Earlier this month, City announced the club made a £1.6 million profit last season, compared to a loss of £3.5 million the year before. Club bosses said the figures highlighted the fact the club had tightened its belt since it collapsed in 2002, owing £50 million.

The fan-base and modern stadium help to make the club appealing to potential investors.

Leicester City Supporters' club chairman Cliff Ginetta said: "I think that as long as the board and the shareholders are happy with the deal the fans will certainly welcome it.

"We need someone with money to invest - that's been the only thing holding us back. The fans have been talking about this for a long time and I think most would welcome Mandaric."

I'm just going on what it says on there atm. It says it was created on the 30th of October 2006, and that is what I'll believe, especially with SSN picking up on the story (as revealed earlier) :) I won't bother next time

i was just picking up on the fact that SSN are repeating what has been said months ago in response to Breaking News. silly people. although no body seems to have too much information as yet so i can see why they are doing it. they should put the club on ebay to give a fair bidding war for the bidders, milan can start the bidding at 25million :)

they should put the club on ebay to give a fair bidding war for the bidders, milan can start the bidding at 25million :)

As good as that would be, it wouldn't work as you'd get people pretending to be businessmen and just coming in with stupid bids lol.. I wouldn't dare do such a thing though :whistle:

Besides, Mandaric is the only man in the running and they are just trying to cover it up as it isn't yet fully finalised by saying there are others bidding :)

Spare a thought people as we say goodbye to the much respected and oft-maligned Milan Mandaric thread.

During the dark hours of the early season Thready brought consolation and hope to many of us. I know I am not alone in wishing Thready all the best with whatever the future brings it - maybe one day it will return - but in the meantime a hole has been left in my posting heart.

I'll miss you Mandy thread :cry::wave:

He was so capable of a century. Given time, he would have made it. :cry:

Mandaric is the only man in the running and they are just trying to cover it up as it isn't yet fully finalised by saying there are others bidding :)

Exactly!! Is it possible the club has generated some oter interest to Flush out Mandy??!! I think so! well done the Board!! (someone has to give them some positive reinforcement!!) :D

Its my style! Davey G you know that if you didnt see it then you wouldnt have such a great life!

Front of bbc sports thread now!

:mad:

My life didn't really start until the 12th July 2004 :P

Bosses' orders. The Mandaric thing has gone from being idle jokey speculation to confirmed takeover talks with more than one party.

That's just what the Nazi's said...apart from all the bits that you wrote.

Archived