Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
holly

Leicester City Football Club Take-Over

£5m (shares)+ £17m (stadium) + £3m (players wages) = £25m

Plus we'd have the revenue previously set aside for stadium payments to add to the player funds.

Should be enough to get out of this league.

Once we're in the Premier :D we'd get £25m with no significant out goings apart from player wages and to pay back MM.

Is that what they said on the Radio, or is that your interpretation. ? ? ?

Sounds a very good investment if that is the case.

Looks even more promising if that is the case.

Geoff peters saying what the 25 million be for, it was basically going over old rope for the stadium and well because of how well the board have run the club its now plum to invest in with low wages and up and coming talent.

They were hinting at when a takeover could happen..

NEVER I SAY....

Tim Davies's is GOD :ph34r:

:appl:

Is that what they said on the Radio, or is that your interpretation. ? ? ?

Sounds a very good investment if that is the case.

Looks even more promising if that is the case.

Just my interpretation from the football perspective - so not to be taken too seriously, but I can't see there being much else. Of course whoever buys the club also get the training ground which must be worth a fair old sum and makes the investment even more sound..

Just my interpretation from the football perspective - so not to be taken too seriously, but I can't see there being much else. Of course whoever buys the club also get the training ground which must be worth a fair old sum and makes the investment even more sound..

Never have I heard 'investment in a football club' and 'sound' in the same paragraph. :ph34r:

:P

Never have I heard 'investment in a football club' and 'sound' in the same paragraph. :ph34r:

:P

Wouldn't the investment be music to your ears ? :D

I'm not sure I could see Milan paying 25 million, even if it does say that in the press. He may not even go for 100% of the club. Doesn't make sense to buy the stadium at this stage, unless you're a City fan or have huge amounts of money (on investor scales, obvious Milan has more than you or I will ever have, but enough to buy the stadium and not feel it? No), as a businessman Milan would surely see that it'd be cheaper to just get controlling interest of the club, invest a couple of million in the squad then buy the stadium with Prem money. Unless the board are making that a requirement for any takeover?

Wouldn't the investment be music to your ears ? :D

:laugh: :clap::appl:

:scarf:

I'm not sure I could see Milan paying 25 million, even if it does say that in the press. He may not even go for 100% of the club. Doesn't make sense to buy the stadium at this stage, unless you're a City fan or have huge amounts of money (on investor scales, obvious Milan has more than you or I will ever have, but enough to buy the stadium and not feel it? No), as a businessman Milan would surely see that it'd be cheaper to just get controlling interest of the club, invest a couple of million in the squad then buy the stadium with Prem money. Unless the board are making that a requirement for any takeover?

Buy the stadium later sounds like a reasonable plan, you'd think.

Don't we need to take into account the cost of the stadium interest, too, though? Wouldn't it be cheaper to pay down a chunk of it off quickly to cut interest payments, use the money freed up to expand the playing budget a bit then go from there... That way, upon promotion, you can use a chunk to pay off the rest of the stadium and hopefully have a slightly larger kitty to play with for transfers and wages... And if we fail to win promotion quickly, the stadium won't be costing us as much.

Hedging your bets and paying part of it now and plan to pay the rest off after promotion seems to make a lot of sense to me. Best of both worlds, really.

Maybe I'm talking nonsense, though. I guess it's all down to the intricacies of the stadium financial details - if we can pay it off, how much we can pay off, or if we pay some off does it affect our regular payments? :blink:

All fluffy logic at the minute until we get some hard facts. ;)

It just doesn't make sense to me that an intelligent businessman such as Milan would put in more money than he needs to. He could pay off a chunk as you say, but £25 million seems far too much. More likely that's all the money he has and the story has gotten confused/exagerated.

Really heartening to think something might actually be happening. Wonder where all the economic experts are now who, a couple of months ago, claimed that nobody in their right mind would want to invest in Leicester in their current plight. Pillocks!!!

milan has signed on the dotted line but will not take Full control of the club until December 14th

Happy days what an early x-mas present

How do you know this??

Archived