Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Was It Just Me?

However he reacted it was a cracking goal, well taken and from a place where he should have been supporting all season. By far his best performance for ages. Tried to tackle with commitment. Tried to offer support. Tried to get a crack at goal and showed enthusiasm for his trcking of people. Welcome to the club now you've shown you can do it justice. :thumbup:

However he reacted it was a cracking goal, well taken and from a place where he should have been supporting all season. By far his best performance for ages. Tried to tackle with commitment. Tried to offer support. Tried to get a crack at goal and showed enthusiasm for his trcking of people. Welcome to the club now you've shown you can do it justice. :thumbup:

:nono: Don't agree he didn't suppourt enough bar the goal and he still goes sideways to much. It would be tolerable if we had either him or Johnson playing with Williams, but watching both makes ugly viewing.

:nono: Don't agree he didn't suppourt enough bar the goal and he still goes sideways to much. It would be tolerable if we had either him or Johnson playing with Williams, but watching both makes ugly viewing.

I've pummelled Hughes in recent weeks and would only give him a collective mark of around 5.5/6 for the season but on tonight's showing I'd leave Johnson out.

Immediately after the goal Hughes involved himself in a decent move and then had another fierce crack at goal. I just felt he was properly focused and making the best of himself.

As for Johnson he's barely had one decent game as I can remember. And Sylla wasn't much better either.

Hughes had done feck all up until he scored and did feck all after that.

have to take ur word on that one wasnt there :cry: missed it for halloween party! new i would miss us win, but i had a good night so i dont mind! plus atleast i could properly celebrate :banana:

have to take ur word on that one wasnt there :cry:missed it for halloween party! new i would miss us win, but i had a good night so i dont mind! plus atleast i could properly celebrate :banana:

Bloody hell Holly! :cry:

I'm sure he stopped and put his finger to his mouth, then ran off.

Seems that he got the message then about rarely scoring and not getting into the box.

I think a double thumbs up would have been more appropriate - and wiser - because far from being told to shut up he should have thanked the fans for letting him know what's wanted.

Just hope he's not smug now. Two goals in the 18 City matches so far - including the few he's not played in - is hardly a record to be proud of from attacking midfield. And midfield remains one of our weakest links from an attacking point of view.

Seems that he got the message then about rarely scoring and not getting into the box.

I think a double thumbs up would have been more appropriate - and wiser - because far from being told to shut up he should have thanked the fans for letting him know what's wanted.

Just hope he's not smug now. Two goals in the 18 City matches so far - including the few he's not played in - is hardly a record to be proud of from attacking midfield. And midfield remains one of our weakest links from an attacking point of view.

Exactemundo.

Although im not 100% sure so don't call the lynch mob just yet.

Hughes had done feck all up until he scored and did feck all after that.

Absolutely not.

Hughes intercepted and laid off passes all night long once he settled down. Johnson allowed him to get forward and support attacks, which resulted in his goal. He also had another two decent efforts on goal. In fact, his passing was first rate last night.

Aside from his slow start, which is understandable considering, his only major error was when he and Fryatt started falling all over each other in the box because they were both following the same run...but even that won us a free kick on the edge of the box - from which we almost scored.

Hughes has been a total knob this season, but last night he started playing football & playing as an integrated part of the team...I for one was happy to see it, not least because it helped to win us the match.

Absolutely not.

Hughes intercepted and laid off passes all night long once he settled down. Johnson allowed him to get forward and support attacks, which resulted in his goal. He also had another two decent efforts on goal. In fact, his passing was first rate last night.

Aside from his slow start, which is understandable considering, his only major error was when he and Fryatt started falling all over each other in the box because they were both following the same run...but even that won us a free kick on the edge of the box - from which we almost scored.

Hughes has been a total knob this season, but last night he started playing football & playing as an integrated part of the team...I for one was happy to see it, not least because it helped to win us the match.

Not sure I agree with that.

Last night, Hughes and Johnson were too static and didn't get forward enough. I counted three times when Hughes got forward to support play. Each time we caused Stoke no end of problems. In fact, the first two times he got forward we scored on these attacks. Frustration was not the word, particularly when it proved so effective, yet so rare.

I'm not sure whose responsibility it was out of Johnson or Hughes to get forward but in my mind, the combo does not work. Too many times last night, Hughes & Johnson did not move and provide an option for the back four to pass to, nor for the forwards to lay the ball off to. The link-up play was not there.

It was just so frustrating that the times when Hughes did get forward, we looked a half decent team, rather than inviting pressure and just hoofing the ball for it to come straight back to us.

Not sure I agree with that.

That's your prerogative...but seeing as team orders were to defend and counter in the first half, and that this tactic was holding us back in our half and drawing them on to us, his lack of mobility was hardly his fault...it was something that applied to all 22 players on the park.

Given license and opportunity to move, he did.

Absolutely not.

Absolutely yes :thumbup:

Hughes last night was magnificent - he ran the midfield and linked the play all night, didn't have much support as we had no wingers who wanted to stay out wide as an outlet, and with Elvis wrapped up by the excellant dubbery, didn't have a lot of options, still, he took the ball from defence well and played lots of excellant short balls and then moved into space for the return. Johnson was very quiet but done a superb job in handling hendrie, who didn't get a touch all night cos of him. Which was a major facto in us getting all 3 points last night!

Archived