Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

L 1

That was for reasons unrelated to the actual game. It had alot to do with to much beer.

I'm also not proud of the fact I left the game early either, unlike him.

im not saying im proud, im glad I did though.

im in no doubt I made the right decision. i bet all the 'real fans' didnt boo at the end either.

Taxi for Manwell. Trying to call fans disloyal for leaving early is abit much is'nt it ? Most fans in L1 have been season ticket holders for years and travel with the team too, also ive sat in L1 many times with my wife and there's not that many chavs at all imo just a few at the back but you get them at every club.

I really don't understand people who leave early. I've only left early twice that I can recall - once at Filbo when we went 2-0 down in stoppage time against Cov in the FA Cup and I turned to leave, my Dad convinced me to stay and as soon as I sat back down, they'd scored a third and I just walked straight out. Second time was the (in)famous Sheffield United 4-2 game last season, but that was necessity, had to catch a train to Sheff. Heard their second and then our fourth and then the final whistle on the walk up to the station and was wondering what the hell was going on.

In my view, you pay your money, you watch the game. Personally I wouldn't leave the cinema early no matter how bad the film was. Usually I'd stay just to take the piss out of it. Which is, again, usually what happens with the football too. I feel I've got to make the best of what they give you for your money. It's hardly a surprise when we get turned over these days. Happens every week. If you're going to get mardy and go home early because we're losing, you might as well not turn up at all.

Sorry that turned into a bit of a rant. It's obviously people's individual decisions to leave early if they want to, I just don't understand it.

my mate said we should leave when it went 2-0, he had a good point but i said no that'd be horrible to the players to see us all leave (although plenty were already), then they almost scored a 3rd but for a brilliant save by Logan, i declared if that had gone in i'd have left, sadly. so we went and scored and showed some fight for 15 mins. why didnt we play like that from the start? down to 10 men and we were still packing it in there box, elvis should have took his chance to make it 2-2. cant fault levi though on his, he did his best and forced a good save from that fat bastard. when it went 3-1 everyone was in shock, 1) it was an amazing goal you knew was going in when he hit it and 2) it made it game over. so the only thing left to do was to stay and sing my heart out. which i did right up untill the 90th where i made my way down the stairs.

L1 was empty at the 90th.

Sheff Wed fans were very good today and rightly so, i'd love to be at an away game and 4-1 up. we'd be rubbing there noses in it no matter who they were.

It was shit. After it went to 2-1 we started to change the game but the ref was shocking. Then they scored two very fluky but quite good goals. The ref cost us the game. With 10 men no-one closed down the man that scored from far out.

Ref were crap :angry:

It was shit. After it went to 2-1 we started to change the game but the ref was shocking. Then they scored two very fluky but quite good goals. The ref cost us the game. With 10 men no-one closed down the man that scored from far out.

Ref were crap :angry:

McCarthy was crap that's why we had ten men not the ref

we were playing so well untill that penalty. so unlucky

Not really, having a lot of possession didn't really convert itself into goal scoring opportunities.

The chase for the second equaliser was exciting, but we were still shit. If we'd drawn the game it would have been lucky, we deserved to lose.

I really don't understand people who leave early. I've only left early twice that I can recall - once at Filbo when we went 2-0 down in stoppage time against Cov in the FA Cup and I turned to leave, my Dad convinced me to stay and as soon as I sat back down, they'd scored a third and I just walked straight out. Second time was the (in)famous Sheffield United 4-2 game last season, but that was necessity, had to catch a train to Sheff. Heard their second and then our fourth and then the final whistle on the walk up to the station and was wondering what the hell was going on.

In my view, you pay your money, you watch the game. Personally I wouldn't leave the cinema early no matter how bad the film was. Usually I'd stay just to take the piss out of it. Which is, again, usually what happens with the football too. I feel I've got to make the best of what they give you for your money. It's hardly a surprise when we get turned over these days. Happens every week. If you're going to get mardy and go home early because we're losing, you might as well not turn up at all.

Sorry that turned into a bit of a rant. It's obviously people's individual decisions to leave early if they want to, I just don't understand it.

:thumbup: Spot on.

I never EVER leave a game early, especially if I've forked out 15 odd quid for it, cos you just never know what you might miss.

I can remember in our last Prem season when we lost 5-0 at home to Villa, well with about 20 mins to go and 3-0 down, me and my dad were thinking of leaving, when that fat guy ran on the pitch and got beaten up by Ian Walker. :D

That remains probably one of the funniest things I have ever seen in my life, I was absolutely crying with laughter. I would never have forgiven myself if I'd walked out and missed that. :D

nice one. you wear you blue tinted glasses and stay to the end. ' were gonna win 5-4' yeah right.

even though i stayed i agree

i was on the 2nd back row of L1 yesterday and stayed till full time, but felt like going at 70. i mean what was the point in staying 4-1 down?? we were getting the piss taken out of us and i think most thought it would be better to go to the pub to get a good view of middlesbrough v man utd than stand there have the piss taken out of you by 3000 yorkies.

i wish id have left :pinch:

You don't leave early ever, losing and being taken the piss out of is not a reason to leave.

If you sing the loyal supporters songs you have to be loyal supporters that means following the club through thick and thin and staying until the end. You never know what you could miss also it looks bad the oppo sings cheereo and fair enough because if you leave en mass that is what i would sing if i were them

Did the people leaving the Kop make any difference to the amount of noise it generated?? :ph34r:

Really baffles me why people leave games early anyway. They pay money to watch 90 minutes, but end up not watching 90 minutes because we're not performing to anybody's expectations. Strange people :S

Did the people leaving the Kop make any difference to the amount of noise it generated?? :ph34r:

Really baffles me why people leave games early anyway. They pay money to watch 90 minutes, but end up not watching 90 minutes because we're not performing to anybody's expectations. Strange people :S

No the people who SIT in the kop do not make any noise any more unless the ref makes a bad decision or we score a goal. Theyare happy with their prawn sandwiches and clapping nowdays.

I'm sad to say i'm one of those who left early but once the score went to 4-1 there was no way back. At the end of the day if people want to leave early thats their business as it is mine being loyal doesn't mean you have to be blindly loyal to the cause. Normally i stay more or less to the end but normally head for the toilets in Injury time to avoid the rush afterwards. The only other time i left early was when we lost 6-0 to leads in the League Cup post Peter Taylor.

Luckily i didn't pay for my ticket i used one of my platinum membership vouchers for the game.

I'm sad to say i'm one of those who left early but once the score went to 4-1 there was no way back. At the end of the day if people want to leave early thats their business as it is mine being loyal doesn't mean you have to be blindly loyal to the cause. Normally i stay more or less to the end but normally head for the toilets in Injury time to avoid the rush afterwards. The only other time i left early was when we lost 6-0 to leads in the League Cup post Peter Taylor.

Luckily i didn't pay for my ticket i used one of my platinum membership vouchers for the game.

Agree people can do what they like they paid for the tickets but if you do fark off early when we are losing you cannot come next week and sing loyal supporters because your not blind faith or whatever you call it does not matter

"Loyal supporter clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap

loyal supporter....."

Agree people can do what they like they paid for the tickets but if you do fark off early when we are losing you cannot come next week and sing loyal supporters because your not blind faith or whatever you call it does not matter

"Loyal supporter clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap

loyal supporter....."

Loyal supporter booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

repeat

Archived