Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Funniest LCFC goal

I've got two contenders.

1) Trevor Benjamin putting the elbow in on not none, not one but TWO Sheffield United monkeys on the way to Deane's goal at Bramall Lane at the backend of the 2002/3 season. Then our players shamelessly running away to celebrate while their defence looked like a scene from Holby City.

2) Jamie Lawrence's diving header in a League Cup game in about 1996, Scarborough was it? Someone like that. Upon making contact, getting kicked in the face by a defender and flying into the net face-first along the ground after the ball like a paper aeroplane.

I've got two contenders.

1) Trevor Benjamin putting the elbow in on not none, not one but TWO Sheffield United monkeys on the way to Deane's goal at Bramall Lane at the backend of the 2002/3 season. Then our players shamelessly running away to celebrate while their defence looked like a scene from Holby City.

2) Jamie Lawrence's diving header in a League Cup game in about 1996, Scarborough was it? Someone like that. Upon making contact, getting kicked in the face by a defender and flying into the net face-first along the ground after the ball like a paper aeroplane.

Yes! JL actually got concussed I think in that incident. Certainly had to be subbed.

I'd like to venture.

1) Vs Sheff Weds at Walkers, promotion year. Keeper lets backpass under foot.

2) Steve Walsh vs Derby, play off final. Defender misses fairly simple opportunity for goalline headed clearance.

Yes! JL actually got concussed I think in that incident. Certainly had to be subbed.

I'd like to venture.

1) Vs Sheff Weds at Walkers, promotion year. Keeper lets backpass under foot.

2) Steve Walsh vs Derby, play off final. Defender misses fairly simple opportunity for goalline headed clearance.

Fully agree with 1 :thumbup:

I've got two contenders.

I remember that Trev incident like it was yesterday , I was pissing myself whilst celebrating. lol lol

Gary Coatsworth having a Ronaldinho moment against Luton was pretty funny.

Mainly cos I imagined the Luton fans going away remembering that and then seeing him next thinking to themselves, "oh shit, there's that guy who can score 40-yard howitzers into the top corner, better get someone to man-mark him."

I've got two contenders.

yeah remember both! Big trev's was funny as..

As with Jamie L, he was knocked out cold and didn't come around for about an hour, when he did, the birch was by his side and told him that it had been disallowed!

funny goals scored against us (not funny at the time) was barmby's for everton at filbo a few years back. pool had picked up a back pass or something and was arguing with the ref and barmby just curled it in to an empty net! It was really funny how Pool made the worst effort to get back on his line you'll ever see.

Controversial. The list could end up half-made up of Mad Frank own-goal-o-ramas.

I'd like to restrict it to goals we've scored if possible.

I was going to say the Preston goalkeeper that scored against Pressman. Shame

But my vote goals for Ade's goal vs Sunderland (and celebration)

Not only was it his first goal in ages. It was a complete fluke and possible own goal. Summed up his LCFC career really.

I'm currently rambling my brain for some more and hopefully add some more.

Great Thread BTW :thumbup:

Controversial. The list could end up half-made up of Mad Frank own-goal-o-ramas.

I'd like to restrict it to goals we've scored if possible.

We did score those goals, that's the point.

I think you mean

I'd like to restrict it to goals we've scored against the opposition, but not ourselves :P

I seem to remember Derek dougan scoring one from a corner.

He stood at the far post and just before the kick was taken ran around the back of the goal to the near post, leaving his marker bemused and flicked in the subsequent corner kick with his head.

Mind you I sometimes wonder after all these years if I've dreamt this and other incidents :P

Gary Coatsworth having a Ronaldinho moment against Luton was pretty funny.

Could someone set that goal to M-People's "Search For The Hero" and put it on YouTube. I want it for motivational purposes.

Back in the late 80's, we twatted some team (possibly Man City?) 4-0, at The Old Ground. Their keeper, Perry Suckling, let in THE softest goal ever between his legs. The chump!

There was one the year we went down, can't remember who scored but it was from a corner aganst Villa, and Sinclair pushed Schmeichel over while he was trying to save it. Made me laugh...

Pretty sure it was a rare Akinbiyi goal !

I remember the first season the pass back rule came in and Kevin Poole didn't know whether to pick the ball up or not, the opposition (can't remember who) promptly took the ball off his feet and knocked it in in front of the Kop. Poole looked a right ol' pillock and when i saw it on tv, it made me laugh

Archived