Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

Glenn on RL

Mind you it's all been told on here too by lots of people who are only now being heard - and it was just good to hear such a cutting reflection of the way so many fans thanks think overall. Yes I know everyone might disagree on individual comments but that was a City fan in pain. Not a Kelly hater. Just a fan bewildered and upset by what has become of his team.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Yes, and he's a friend of ours. I think Ultra disagreed with him at the last Open meeting.

I did, and I was far from the only one. He came across as an attention-seeking loud-mouthed megalomaniac who had nothing constructive to say at all at that meeting. I'm astounded that he hasn't yet turned up here.. :rolleyes:

I'm not at all surprised to see him jumping on the pro-Mandaric bandwagon, and milking his media contacts.

I'm not especially gutted to have missed his interview. There are plenty of folk around who know a lot more than he does..

I did, and I was far from the only one. He came across as an attention-seeking loud-mouthed megalomaniac who had nothing constructive to say at all at that meeting. I'm astounded that he hasn't yet turned up here.. :rolleyes:

I'm not at all surprised to see him jumping on the pro-Mandaric bandwagon, and milking his media contacts.

I'm not especially gutted to have missed his interview. There are plenty of folk around who know a lot more than he does..

You really are bitter and twisted ain'tcha, you can't stand the fact you get it wrong all the time.

Like you? I mean you were totally right about QPR and Colchester weren’t you Ultra, both dyer football teams who we couldn't possibly drop points against. We certainly wouldn't be finishing behind those two teams in the table will we?

Like you? I mean you were totally right about QPR and Colchester weren’t you Ultra, both dyer football teams who we couldn't possibly drop points against. We certainly wouldn't be finishing behind those two teams in the table will we?

I wish someone would find us a team in our division we couldn't possibly drop points against. :whistle::(

My own optimism about collecting 12 points from the next 6 games already looks wildly off the mark and about as likely as Nils scoring a hat-trick anytime soon.

I'm only glad I qualified the prediction a little but remember thinking at the time that I hope no-one asks for the evidence that makes me think we'll take so many points. Cos there wasn't any.

I just wanted to believe in the side, I suppose. It's pretty miserable thinking of your team in predictive terms as being unlikely to beat anyone.

PS:

I wish you wouldn't talk about us finishing below teams like Colchester, Manwell. It's not a nice way to start the day. :w00t:

I wish someone would find us a team in our division we couldn't possibly drop points against. :whistle::(

My own optimism about collecting 12 points from the next 6 games already looks wildly off the mark and about as likely as Nils scoring a hat-trick anytime soon.

I'm only glad I qualified the prediction a little but remember thinking at the time that I hope no-one asks for the evidence that makes me think we'll take so many points. Cos there wasn't any.

I just wanted to believe in the side, I suppose. It's pretty miserable thinking of your team in predictive terms as being unlikely to beat anyone.

PS:

I wish you wouldn't talk about us finishing below teams like Colchester, Manwell. It's not a nice way to start the day. :w00t:

Forget optimism, I think i'm turning into or like Barton Fox and becoming very 'negative' about virtually anything, that way i'm in a win win situation and will never feel disapointed!!!

Don't you think it may be an idea to listen to it before passing such comments?

He's not pro MM ,Basically wants what all true LCFC fans want and is not frightened to say it as it is..

Would you rather listen to Birch and banana talk about mange tout and his 70s playing days + were a good club for an hour??

Would of been a dull show wthout him, all the message boards seem to back him, and basically he has just gone public with what most posters have been saying for weeks

Glens, 'Media contacts' have ben gained by being active in wanting the club to suceed, phoning the radio stations, speaking to the Mockery to the best of my knowlege this is open to all?

There are plenty of folk who know more than he does and they need to be heard...call the show if you disagree wih him

I'm going to ring Collins...

I know they've been having trouble finding the perfect entry for 'irony' in this year's edition of the dictionary.

I'm going to ring Collins...

I know they've been having trouble finding the perfect entry for 'irony' in this year's edition of the dictionary.

Ultra calling someone else a megalomaniac is the best part, EMC Forum any one?

Right be back in 15 minutes I'm just going to call my lawyer.

I also was at the meeting Ultra yes your spot on with the loud-mouthed megalomaniac description.

He didnt want outside help unless he was from Leicester I can remember him arguing it for about 15 mintues at the open meeting

He is an attention seeking fat stubbly bearded slipper wearing fan who ought to get into the real world. I turned on the interview and thought oh not that TW*T again, he is certainly not the voice of all the LCFC fans, yes we are in a dire straights but he seems to be very willing to spend Mandy Millions.

I might not be as old as him or not have the intense footballing knowledge as him but I'm so glad I dont sit next to him.

Glen - Get a life man

Ok, I've heard the RL phone in now. I've got to agree with Ultra's point about Glenn being an "attention-seeking loud-mouthed" - he just never shuts up.

Also, like Babylon says, he's conveniently used hindsight to form much of his views. I doubt he was criticising Kelly last season, yet now Glenn says that he "always" had reservations about Kelly's credentials becuase he didn't have the contacts at Blackburn etc. Where was he last season saying such things?

The fact is, that he has many valid points and justifies himself well - but he acts like he knows everything and is always right.

Ok, I've heard the RL phone in now. I've got to agree with Ultra's point about Glenn being an "attention-seeking loud-mouthed" - he just never shuts up.

Also, like Babylon says, he's conveniently used hindsight to form much of his views. I doubt he was criticising Kelly last season, yet now Glenn says that he "always" had reservations about Kelly's credentials becuase he didn't have the contacts at Blackburn etc. Where was he last season saying such things?

The fact is, that he has many valid points and justifies himself well - but he acts like he knows everything and is always right.

Well he's not going to get a 12 minute radio slot unless he acts like he knows it all is he?

He clearly doesn't know it all because the Louis Van Gaal statement is laughable. He makes some good points though.

Hindsight or not the fact remains we are heading towards 3rd teir football with a team which is not playing with passion, with players not in position and with RK getting the huff with first team members and droping them with no word from the club why! :protest::@:banghead: bye Rob then :welcome: a MM appointed manager in January please please please with £Â£Ã‚£Ã‚£Ã‚£Ã‚£Ã‚£Ã‚£Ã‚£Ã‚£Ã‚£ on top!

Glenn DOES know everything and he IS always right. (apart from his choice of manager lol)

At least he's not a sycophant to the current regime. Just because 28 of the 32 people who bothered turning up might be happy in the footballing wilderness, but not everyone else is. I think the apathy surrounding the club tells you that this is the case.
I also was at the meeting Ultra yes your spot on with the loud-mouthed megalomaniac description.

He didnt want outside help unless he was from Leicester I can remember him arguing it for about 15 mintues at the open meeting

He is an attention seeking fat stubbly bearded slipper wearing fan who ought to get into the real world. I turned on the interview and thought oh not that TW*T again, he is certainly not the voice of all the LCFC fans, yes we are in a dire straights but he seems to be very willing to spend Mandy Millions.

I might not be as old as him or not have the intense footballing knowledge as him but I'm so glad I dont sit next to him.

Glen - Get a life man

Given that the county has the likes of David Wilson, Tom Wheatcroft, Englebert, Willie Thorne, the fact that lifelong fan Martin George has now got his inheritance, surely the insular approach is the place to start. As for the open meeting, from what I remember, Glenn didn't say to keep it in the county, he was surprised that some of the above mentioned names had not got involved. I believe he did ask why the new chairman wasn't scouring the country for potential investors, and cited the Glazers and Lerner.

Glenn is very opinionated, and he is confident in his opinion. He gets very passionate about the City, and yes, he does like to emphasize the point, but that's Glenn. I'd rather have fans who give a stuff than those who don't.

As for last season, I've spent many hours listening to his views on Kelly, and he did have some doubts. Of course hindsight plays a big part, most of us 6 months ago were a lot more confident about where we'd be than we are now. I don't think anyone would have hoped we'd find ourselves back where we started. And that's the key word; hope.

Glenn's a top bloke, and seeing as he isn't on here to defend himself, anyone else who slags him off will be on the wrong end of some moderation!!

Glenn Stewart ive got to admit does know his football.

He mananged a VERY successful sunday lge side for about 15 yrs, opposing sides always thought he was a

Tw*t tho.

He also started up the "ALF" movement. Ambitious Leicester Fans a long while ago!

Archived