Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

Are we gonna win tomorrow or what?

For god sake I'm asking this and its Barnsleh @ Home!

LCFC should not be thinking of anything eles than a win, but MM is there & if we play badly infront of him again maybe the need for investment will become more obvious!

Positives even with defeat :thumbup:

So what? Are Barnsley not good enough for us to play? Are they not good enough for this league? ANYONE can beat any other team on the day, Yes we should all have expectations to win and we should win over certain teams but at the same time write no-one off!

This is exactly what I beleive is the players mentality is, Ah its only Barnsley we'll beat them with our eyes closed but we won't if you go into a game thinking you are much much better than your opponents and don't even need to try to win you will lose and that has been shown several times this season, But ask yourself the question why have we lost to some of the "less decent" team but almost won against Villa, beat Tottenham last season, and in the league we beat Wolves, We beat Southampton, Leeds (Leeds may not be doing well in the league but there still considered a "big" team like ourselves) e.t.c....Because the players are actually motivated against those teams, Because the players beleive they should be playing those teams every week? Because the players know they need to play well to win!

I can guarantee that we are going to win tomorrow and here's why:

Basically, I have a mate who doesn't often go to City games, but whenever he does - we win!* And cos it's only a pound, he's decided he'll turn up, so victory is a certainty. :D

*At this point I should point out that he has only ever been to 3 Leicester matches, so he may not be quite as lucky as I think. :ph34r:

well tomorrow i am taking the missus.

at the walkers with me she has seen

Leicester 2 - Blackpool 2

Leicester 2 - Gillingham 0

Leicester 0 - Forest 1

Leicester 3 - Millwall 1

Leicester 1 - Millwall 1

Leicester 2 - Derby 2

2 wins 3 draws 1 loss.

So what? Are Barnsley not good enough for us to play? Are they not good enough for this league? ANYONE can beat any other team on the day, Yes we should all have expectations to win and we should win over certain teams but at the same time write no-one off!

This is exactly what I beleive is the players mentality is, Ah its only Barnsley we'll beat them with our eyes closed but we won't if you go into a game thinking you are much much better than your opponents and don't even need to try to win you will lose and that has been shown several times this season, But ask yourself the question why have we lost to some of the "less decent" team but almost won against Villa, beat Tottenham last season, and in the league we beat Wolves, We beat Southampton, Leeds (Leeds may not be doing well in the league but there still considered a "big" team like ourselves) e.t.c....Because the players are actually motivated against those teams, Because the players beleive they should be playing those teams every week? Because the players know they need to play well to win!

I agree! But in your post you also have expectations to beat other teams ( In my case LCFC should beat Barnsley).

If I was from the Barnsley camp and had seen Leicester's last seven performances I'd be bulling my team up to full throttle convincing them that if they'd never have a better chance to take the lift to a higher level.

Tactically we'd hold all the aces. If Kelly plays the Wolves team except for Nils at left-back they'll have more holes and potential weaknesses than a Bulgarian road.

Barnsley could win by three or four. Why? Because RK is so predictable. I don't want to be hurtful but he might as well send a circular about his tactics to the opposition.

I'm not going to detail the weaknesses and how you'd exploit them as a coach cos I'm hoping the Christmas Star in the East casts some of its light on our "lost-looking" manager between now and Saturday.

Fortunately I don't think Barnsley - being as precariously placed as we are - will quite have the nerve to focus ruthlessly enough for a big win. It's not often the nature of things with modern managers.

That being the case I'd expect us to score once and while the law of averages suggests we are due a zero in the goals against column, I can't see any logical reason for it. So 1-1.

I'll be very happy with any sort of win. But I've long given up on expecting some style to go with it..

If I was from the Barnsley camp and had seen Leicester's last seven performances I'd be bulling my team up to full throttle convincing them that if they'd never have a better chance to take the lift to a higher level.

Tactically we'd hold all the aces. If Kelly plays the Wolves team except for Nils at left-back they'll have more holes and potential weaknesses than a Bulgarian road.

Barnsley could win by three or four. Why? Because RK is so predictable. I don't want to be hurtful but he might as well send a circular about his tactics to the opposition.

I'm not going to detail the weaknesses and how you'd exploit them as a coach cos I'm hoping the Christmas Star in the East casts some of its light on our "lost-looking" manager between now and Saturday.

Fortunately I don't think Barnsley - being as precariously placed as we are - will quite have the nerve to focus ruthlessly enough for a big win. It's not often the nature of things with modern managers.

That being the case I'd expect us to score once and while the law of averages suggests we are due a zero in the goals against column, I can't see any logical reason for it. So 1-1.

I'll be very happy with any sort of win. But I've long given up on expecting some style to go with it..

I agree we are shocking and that is the reason for my topic, we should expect to beat sides like Barnsley with the resources that LCFC has in comparison to Barnsley. I know football does not work exactly like that all the time but for god sake when did we last lost to barnsley? :sweating:

1-1, hughes with the goal, we take the lead on the 32nd minute with a scrappy goal from a free kick they equalise on the 67th with a low strike into the bottom left corner from just inside the box, we get a goal ruled out for hand ball on the 78th, play the better football for the last 10 minutes but dont score, fryatt, on as a sub comes close late on wih a 25yard strike just over the bar but it isn't enough.

cheer up it's nearly Christmas. :thumbup:

Archived