Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Mark de Vries

Is it time to bring Mark de Vries back to Leicester?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time to bring Mark de Vries back to Leicester?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No
    • Mark who?

After watching the Cardiff draw it seemed clear to me that this was our major problem and the blame for this has to lie with the coaching team. I don't believe that we have anywhere close to the worst squad in this division. Nobody seems to move enough to create any space and whenever anyone gets the ball they are immediately put under pressure. If we can sort this out and start moving around intelligently and looking for the ball rather that treating it like a hot potato I think we can win more matches.

Give em all an enema - that'll create some sodding movement. :D

I dont really see what we would lose bringing him back.We are not exactly ripping the back of the net week in week out.We do seem short of any ideas,so why not give it a try........... how can he be any worse really than our present options. :)

What we lose is money.

Where he is now, we have a club willing to pay part of his wages. We bring him back, we increase the wage bill again. :ph34r:

I reckon Dodds would be a handy player in the centre-forward position. :ph34r:

yes i think kelly sould look to him, he showed at northwich(I KNOW ITS NORTHWICH,SO WHAT) that 1 goal will give the young lad enough confidence to get another, then the confidence from those 2 goals inspire him to a third and so on and maybe he can provide some well needed flair into the team. i dont see why rob doesnt look at this forum because there are some good ideas and he clearly needs them, plus we cant complain then. :P:P

Yes he was crap but i wouldn't mind bringing him back.

I think we desperately need a big man up front so on that basis I wouldn't mind it having him back in the side. We aren't exactly scoring freely at the moment are we? It wouldn't hurt I don't think. At least give it a try Rob.

I dooubt very much that he will be coming back though. Rob seems to have told De Vries he has no future with us.

Rob Kelly said De Vries won't be coming back this season iirc. And that doesn't sadden me. We should leave him where he is. We moan about Fryatt and Elvis missing sitters.. I wonder how many of them De Vries would score? :rolleyes:

Rob Kelly said De Vries won't be coming back this season iirc. And that doesn't sadden me. We should leave him where he is. We moan about Fryatt and Elvis missing sitters.. I wonder how many of them De Vries would score? :rolleyes:

Every single one of course :P

Every single one of course :P

:laugh:

I really hope that isn't a serious comment lol.

De Vries isn't a good player and he certainly wasn't very gifted with his finishing abilities. Probably less so than Elvis. If people think Elvis and Fryatt are frustrating at the minute then bringing back MDV will probably force them to stop supporting us. It'll be too much for anyone to take.

We're playing a lot of long ball from the back. If it's staying that well he might as well come back and have a shot, see how he plays in training, bring him on off the bench.

Surely we can't score LESS than we are at the moment?

Desperate measures......I voted mark who? A poll clutching at straws. We need a quality midfield general to work with Williams (who isn't a born leader) and a defence that works well together and strikers that are quick but don't get scared of the net

Get him back. I don't care about what anyone says about ambition but we don't have many options at the moment! The club has no money, we could only afford to sign Cadamarteri due to cancelling Welsh's loan - thats how tight the money is right now. Mandaric's deal isn't sorted yet and could result in us missing the January transfer window...which we need to do something in.

Right now we need something up front, Cadamarteri still hasn't had a good crack but I would look to MDV. The guy may not be phenominal, but if he could come in, get a good start and nab a few goals it would help us no end. Be fair here, no one else so far is looking like doing the same.

The guy can do it, why not give him another chance to? Momo Sylla had a few good games earlier this season when everyone had wrote him off. I remember one Paddy Kisnorbo being talked about as the worst Leicester player ever, if MDV could come back and give a few good performances it can't do us any harm at all.

Archived