Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Mark de Vries

Is it time to bring Mark de Vries back to Leicester?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time to bring Mark de Vries back to Leicester?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No
    • Mark who?

I don't imagine he's any fitter than some of the wheezers we've got enough of already.

But a fit and motivated Mark DeVries I'd have never let go in the first place. I might be wrong but I never thought he quite fitted in. This was not my observation, but something a season ticket holder mentioned and looked quite possibly true if you can judge such things from the warm-ups.

Whatever, that wouldn't matter a damn to me and, like I say, fit and motivated, he'd have been a far better bet for goals than Fryatt or O'Grady and an excellent alternative to any of our strikers.

Sadly I don't think he's fit and would rather look to Dodds. Louis is a good striker if fans have the patience to ignore the fact that he wouldn't stand out apart from when he scores.

Trouble is I imagine that's not good enough for Kelly. He'd want him to be an extra defender and all sorts. All the things that are negating the effect of Hume and Porter.

I always think it's a pity Kelly didn't play more football. He'd have a greater appreciation of what you can realistically ask of people to keep them functioning at their best.

He'd also have learned that the best way to defend is to keep the ball and to camp at the other end in numbers. That means a much smaller gap between the different sections of our side and defenders helping the forwards as much as forwards help defenders.

At Leicester, apart from Stearman, that rarely happens other than at set pieces.

He's been playing football again for the club hes on loan too, I know it isn't going to happen but I think it would be worth it just to see if he's made an improvement, maybe play him in a friendly or something, see if he impresses in training, then maybe give him 10 minutes, its worth it just as a to see what happens.

He was one of our top goal scorers, but that doesn't make him a great player considering it was only 9. No

Hold on. He didn't play anything like a full season nor for 90 minutes of many games he featured in. In fact he started 24 matches and was a mainly late sub in 11. A forward with nine goals in something like two thirds of a season's play, perhaps less, would be manna from Heaven to us right now.

People gave him a lot of stick, and he did have some awful games. I got frustrated with him sometimes, but he always looked like a handful to me. I think he could have been a good player for us. It'll never happen while Kelly's here.

I remember a Spurs supporting friend after the Spurs cup game (after I'd gloated the entire day) saying that he wouldn't mind if Spurs took him off our hands...

People gave him a lot of stick, and he did have some awful games. I got frustrated with him sometimes, but he always looked like a handful to me. I think he could have been a good player for us. It'll never happen while Kelly's here.

Correct, but we do need a proper centre-forward, if only because a lot of our current squad (especially the keepers and defenders) have shown time and again they don't know how to play without one.

Perhaps RK should have thought about this before shipping MDV back to the Netherlands.

Correct, but we do need a proper centre-forward, if only because a lot of our current squad (especially the keepers and defenders) have shown time and again they don't know how to play without one.

Perhaps RK should have thought about this before shipping MDV back to the Netherlands.

Exactly.

This is why we shouldn't bring back MdV.

Why do people suddenly want back the players who failed us last season? Gudjonsson and MdV WERE HERE LAST YEAR AND WE WERE SHIT!!!

Trial for Asaba.

Contract for Cadamarteri.

Bring back de Vries.

Is this what we have become? Complete lack of ambition. Even mediocrity is being kind. I long for mediocrity.

I weep for us all.

These are desperate times. Its not as if de Vries is the pick of the bunch, he is in another country whilst we are struggling but he is still our player so lets employ him.

I dont really see what we would lose bringing him back.We are not exactly ripping the back of the net week in week out.We do seem short of any ideas,so why not give it a try........... how can he be any worse really than our present options. :)

This is why we shouldn't bring back MdV.

Why do people suddenly want back the players who failed us last season? Gudjonsson and MdV WERE HERE LAST YEAR AND WE WERE SHIT!!!

And are we not shit now.......... do you feel more confident now.He is our player,so what do we lose playing him.

And are we not shit now.......... do you feel more confident now.He is our player,so what do we lose playing him.

Any sort of mobility up front? As poor as well are at least there is some movement up front, if you look in midfield and defence no one is making any movement off the ball hence all the hoofs from the Goalkeeper and back four to the forwards.

We'd be worse off with De Vries in the team. One goal in his last 19 appearances for us remember.

Any sort of mobility up front? As poor as well are at least there is some movement up front, if you look in midfield and defence no one is making any movement off the ball hence all the hoofs from the Goalkeeper and back four to the forwards.

We'd be worse off with De Vries in the team. One goal in his last 19 appearances for us remember.

Being fair he only averaged about 20 minutes in 10 of those last games if memory serves. He does lack mobility - and a lot of other things - but what the hell, he's not coming back so we don't need to worry about it..

After watching the Cardiff draw it seemed clear to me that this was our major problem and the blame for this has to lie with the coaching team. I don't believe that we have anywhere close to the worst squad in this division. Nobody seems to move enough to create any space and whenever anyone gets the ball they are immediately put under pressure. If we can sort this out and start moving around intelligently and looking for the ball rather that treating it like a hot potato I think we can win more matches.

Archived