Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Do we lack an identification figure?

The good old times have passed by - no more Marshall, Cottee, Taggart or Walsh.

I wouldn't consider this only to be an issue with our club, but don't you think that football lacks real captains, true identification figures, a "local hero" these days?

What I also miss is the type of player that doesn't take himself too seriously, doesn't need to show off or play for the money only. A leader on the pitch, a guy that does it for the sake of it and gives a 100 percent whenever he's challenged. Somebody who doesn't mind staying in touch with the fans, because he knows what part they play in the game.

I don't see one single player at LCFC that does fulfill that criteria, I rather see a collection of egoistic lads playing on their own. With the exception of Cadamarteri (although two games are not enough basis) or Williams perhaps.

What's your view?

I wouldn't consider this only to be an issue with our club, but don't you think that football lacks real captains, true identification figures, a "local hero" these days?

What I also miss is the type of player that doesn't take himself too seriously, doesn't need to show off or play for the money only. A leader on the pitch, a guy that does it for the sake of it and gives a 100 percent whenever he's on the pitch. Somebody who doesn't mind staying in touch with the fans, because he knows what part they play in the game.

I don't see one single player at LCFC that does fulfill that criteria, I rather see a collection of egoistic lads playing on their own. With the exception of Cadamarteri (although two games are not enough basis) or Williams perhaps.

What's your view?

more nostalgia! not that i'm complaining, at times it's all that keeps me going.

of the current crop, i'd say Hume gives 100%, looks committed and appreciates the fans. not in the same mould as walsh, taggart, etc, more of a dickov i'd say but still a player i'm proud to have at the club.

There arent too many real leaders around these days. All you have to do is look at Stamford Bridge and see how the team and at times club has gone tats up since there one and only leader, John Terry, got injured.

Its difficult to have natural leaders with the side changing so much. I shudder to think the amount of transfers that Levein and Adams did between them and Kelly has been drafting kids in which again isnt ideal if you want a team of winners and a leader amongst them.

I can`t see a Stevie Walsh or Matt Elliott amongst the current crop, maybe McAuley could become more vocal with a continued run in the first team??

What I also miss is the type of player that doesn't take himself too seriously, doesn't need to show off or play for the money only. A leader on the pitch, a guy that does it for the sake of it and gives a 100 percent whenever he's challenged. Somebody who doesn't mind staying in touch with the fans, because he knows what part they play in the game.

What's your view?

I have more commitment in my left testicle than Gareth Williams has in his whole body

I was with you until the last bit...Williams? Danny C? We've not seen anything from either of them that sets them up as identification figures. Those kinds of players do still exist, we just don't have on. If it's Gerrard/Carragher, Henry, Neville/Scholes/Giggs, Terry/Lampard the top 4 certainly have them. Joey Barton at Man City is another, Kevin Davies at Bolton, Shearer at Newcastle (until recently). If the club starts doing well and letting youth players develop then we'll probobly find them. I think Stearman has the potential if he get's the confidence (and stays in the side) to be a real leaders.

I was aware of Williams shaky performances before I wrote my bit. However, I still believe he has class in him and can play the occasional deadly pass. And as for Cadamarteri, I've mentionned that two games aren't enough to fully give testimony.

I can identify with Hume. An honest player who never gives up and football means something to him. He might not have been bought up in Leicester or even this country but he's one who you can feel proud of when he steps out on to the pitch for us.

I think Kisnorbo could become one, if he continues playing as well as he is, and stays for a few seasons. But, this is part of the reason why McCarthy should not be club captain. I don't think he cares enough.

I don't see one single player at LCFC that does fulfill that criteria, I rather see a collection of egoistic lads playing on their own. With the exception of Cadamarteri (although two games are not enough basis) or Williams/b] perhaps.

What's your view?

I think Williams appitamises all that is not a hero.

We have no heros or potential cult players on our books we need to buy one (easier said than done) or create one which looks unlikley with our currant regime

We have a squad of largely honest players, functional but dull and unexciting

There arent too many real leaders around these days. All you have to do is look at Stamford Bridge and see how the team and at times club has gone tats up since there one and only leader, John Terry, got injured.

Its difficult to have natural leaders with the side changing so much. I shudder to think the amount of transfers that Levein and Adams did between them and Kelly has been drafting kids in which again isnt ideal if you want a team of winners and a leader amongst them.

I can`t see a Stevie Walsh or Matt Elliott amongst the current crop, maybe McAuley could become more vocal with a continued run in the first team??

I think McAuley could be the man or even Kisnorbo potentially - although he seems a rather quiet bloke !! I have my faith in Cadamerteri becoming a legend :ph34r:

I think Kisnorbo could become one, if he continues playing as well as he is, and stays for a few seasons. But, this is part of the reason why McCarthy should not be club captain. I don't think he cares enough.

i agree bout kisnorbo but i tend to disagree bout mccarthy, i think he does care but unfortunately hes just techincally that good.

Hume can fill the Dickov style role but it's not enough to become a 'hero' or identification figure. I don't dispute Williams' potential to play a deadly pass (others might) but that won't make him a hero here. City fans want players that give their all and show commitment...Izzet being the prime recent example for staying with us after relegation, before that someone like Walshy who stayed with us for a long stretch of time and not only gave 100% the whole time but demanded it from everyone around him.

Hume can fill the Dickov style role but it's not enough to become a 'hero' or identification figure. I don't dispute Williams' potential to play a deadly pass (others might) but that won't make him a hero here. City fans want players that give their all and show commitment...Izzet being the prime recent example for staying with us after relegation, before that someone like Walshy who stayed with us for a long stretch of time and not only gave 100% the whole time but demanded it from everyone around him.

Hume is already a fans favourite. He is the ONLY player who gets the level of response he gets. Every time he touches the ball and it leads to anything remotely interesting, HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUME is bellowed out around the ground. Ok, so that might be down to the nature of the chant. But when Hume is on form, he is the one that the fans most react to. My opinion anyway, but hardly any of our players even have chants given to them.

I agree that Hume is the current fans favourite but I just don't think he's going to be remembered as any sort of 'hero' unless he stays for a long time and gets us promoted or something similar. He's the one at the moment but surely not to be compared to Muzzy, Walshy or even Cottee?

I think McAuley could be the man or even Kisnorbo potentially - although he seems a rather quiet bloke !! I have my faith in Cadamerteri becoming a legend :ph34r:

Kisnorbo was touted as being a no-nonsense midfielder when we signed him who crunches into tackles from 10 yards as is vocal. I can remember going onto a Hearts forum and they said he was a wreckless donkey who speaks too much! We havent seen to much of that so far but I think we will see the best of him once a few of his Aussie mates bugger off! If he wants to be a full International he has a chance to really rise amongst the average at City and make a name for himself.

Another player that was raved about was (dont laugh) Matty Fryatt. The Walsall fans had a few songs for him apparently and he was a bit of a legend (not leg end). If he comes out of his shell one day we may well have another hero upfront.

If it's Gerrard/Carragher, Henry, Neville/Scholes/Giggs, Terry/Lampard the top 4 certainly have them.

Scholes is my ultimately fave player. A blinding player on the pitch, who will always give his all. Also, you never see him on the front page of the newspapers. All this and Ginger too... :thumbup:

I think Williams appitamises all that is not a hero.

We have no heros or potential cult players on our books we need to buy one (easier said than done) or create one which looks unlikley with our currant regime

We have a squad of largely honest players, functional but dull and unexciting

We could try raisin one from our ranks...

There isn't anyone who's larger than life and that's hardly surprising. If even half of the behind the scenes incidents of the last two seasons are to be believed, the only people who are likely to get on at Leicester are line-towers.

Trouble is that probably limits the calibre of player you'll get because if we had anyone like George Best, Rodney Marsh, Stan Bowles, Roy Keane, Steve Walsh, Ian Marshall, Frank Worthington, Derek Dougan etc they'd soon be a bit more understanding.

Cadamarteri sounds like he can be a bit of a lad and I really hope he does himself justice and that it's not all ruined because of some silly spat with the coach like happened at one of his other clubs.

Bottom line I'd love to see some characters in the team. Providing they can do the business.

I agree that Hume is the current fans favourite but I just don't think he's going to be remembered as any sort of 'hero' unless he stays for a long time and gets us promoted or something similar. He's the one at the moment but surely not to be compared to Muzzy, Walshy or even Cottee?

Your right. I hope Hume does stay for a long while. He has the talent to play at a higher level and with the possible take-over and our hopes of premiership football, i'd like to see him stay for a long time and become a Foxes Legend.

Archived