Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Geo V

Why has no one placed a bid for our players?

With the exception of the odd bits of cack (Low, COG, Sylla), it doesnt seem that we have had any bids for any other of our players this transfer window. Its common knowledge we are skint (RK isnt shy in saying we cant afford this or cant afford that) but still we havent managed to recieve any offers from sides for our players. It does make you wonder what RK does have at his disposal if the other clubs refrain from bidding doesnt it?

If you look at some of our fellow championship clubs you will find clubs like Sheff Weds raised £2.5m by selling Madjid Bougherra to Charlton, Vine went from Luton to Brum for similar money and Edwards to Sunderland for £1.4m who inturn sold there keeper Alnwick to Spurs for about £1m, WBA sold Quashie to West Ham for £1.5m, Leeds sold Kilgallon for just under £2m. On top of all that the likes of PNE have been linked with selling Nugent for £6m, Norwich were reportedly listening to offers of around £4m for Earnshaw before he got crocked, basement side Southend are grimly holding on to prized asset Eastwood who may be worth around £4m.

Imagine the difference to us if we could raise good money for one or two players? Why havent we sold players who on paper seem valuable but dont feature that much or are going to be out of contract (Stearman and Nisa in particular). Going back to RK, we seem to be quick to bash him or and line up his replacement but in truth what has he got to play with and are his hands tied??

One, ffs don't use capitals. Two for all you know sides have bid for our players, it just might not of been made public.

Pablo, the capitals seem to be offending you by the post mate but its best not to tell me to stop doing it or else I WILL USE THEM EVERYWHERE POSSIBLE :D

I just think that we arent in a position to turn offers of substance down. Forget MM as that may never happen. The fact is we are broke and cant afford a loan player and If we had a decent bid in I reckon RK would have accepted it (if not the board on his behalf) and used that money for future deals.

How do you know we haven't?

If we have maybe they are for players that are key to the team avoiding relegation and there aren't any alternatives around.

Like everything else we know FA. But fee lfree to carry on speculating as it's a tad more exciting that the footy we have to watch. :P

Pablo, the capitals seem to be offending you by the post mate but its best not to tell me to stop doing it or else I WILL USE THEM EVERYWHERE POSSIBLE :D

I just think that we arent in a position to turn offers of substance down. Forget MM as that may never happen. The fact is we are broke and cant afford a loan player and If we had a decent bid in I reckon RK would have accepted it (if not the board on his behalf) and used that money for future deals.

Well I wouldn't risk it otherwise you'll find yourself on the end of a BAN :P

The board and managers long term strategy is to hold on to our better players for as long as possible in attempt to develop them into good players and push for promotion. This may have to change in the future obviously but for that how it is for now.

If this club really is in the shit, then I cannot see how the likes of Stearman or Kisnorbo haven't been sold yet. I find it hard to believe that there aren't interested parties out there, especially for Kisnorbo. His season he's had so far puts him above the likes of Kilgallon and Bougherra, if we had a bid of £3 million for him, would the board turn that down? They'd be silly to, unless this take-over is nailed on this week.

Even if Kelly was only given half of that to spend, we desperately need a new creative midfielder and a striker.

Kisnorbo has been immense for us, but McAuley and Nisse are good enough for this level at centre half.

How do you know we haven't?

If we have maybe they are for players that are key to the team avoiding relegation and there aren't any alternatives around.

Like everything else we know FA. But fee lfree to carry on speculating as it's a tad more exciting that the footy we have to watch. :P

True, I have no heads up whether we have or have not had bids but every club seems to have players linked in the gutter press of possible transfer and I cant think of any of our players linked with a move apart from on those hilarious rumour sites that talk gobshite!

True, I have no heads up whether we have or have not had bids but every club seems to have players linked in the gutter press of possible transfer and I cant think of any of our players linked with a move apart from on those hilarious rumour sites that talk gobshite!

Considering we are supposed to be on the brink of administration with MM about to bail out you would certainly expect more rumours about departures than arrivals.

So maybe the stories of our immediate demise are not all they're cracked up to be as I can't imagine the press missing out on the opportunity to print a few stories about it.

Considering we are supposed to be on the brink of administration with MM about to bail out you would certainly expect more rumours about departures than arrivals.

So maybe the stories of our immediate demise are not all they're cracked up to be as I can't imagine the press missing out on the opportunity to print a few stories about it.

One minute we are all set to bring in a loan signing after raising a few grand by getting 3 players off the wage bill in addition to the transfer fees and then after the reported "5 figure some" loss as the game on Sky was cancelled and we arent linked to anybody.

Im pretty certain that the club cant budget for what may happen after a possible takeover. The reality is our players dont hold that much of a value and I`d be surprised if we turned down any bids of over say £700k for any of our players this window.

With the exception of the odd bits of cack (Low, COG, Sylla), it doesnt seem that we have had any bids for any other of our players this transfer window. Its common knowledge we are skint (RK isnt shy in saying we cant afford this or cant afford that) but still we havent managed to recieve any offers from sides for our players. It does make you wonder what RK does have at his disposal if the other clubs refrain from bidding doesnt it?

If you look at some of our fellow championship clubs you will find clubs like Sheff Weds raised £2.5m by selling Madjid Bougherra to Charlton, Vine went from Luton to Brum for similar money and Edwards to Sunderland for £1.4m who inturn sold there keeper Alnwick to Spurs for about £1m, WBA sold Quashie to West Ham for £1.5m, Leeds sold Kilgallon for just under £2m. On top of all that the likes of PNE have been linked with selling Nugent for £6m, Norwich were reportedly listening to offers of around £4m for Earnshaw before he got crocked, basement side Southend are grimly holding on to prized asset Eastwood who may be worth around £4m.

Imagine the difference to us if we could raise good money for one or two players? Why havent we sold players who on paper seem valuable but dont feature that much or are going to be out of contract (Stearman and Nisa in particular). Going back to RK, we seem to be quick to bash him or and line up his replacement but in truth what has he got to play with and are his hands tied??

I might have some sympathy with the argument "what has he got" if Kelly had really utilised what he had.

Basically he's had one 4-4-2 approach from beginning to end.

He's never once used attacking full-backs or an attacking box-to-box midfielder. Never once tried three up front from the start.

Never once shown acknowledgement that we've got no right winger.

Never once played a fast, mobile centre-back.

Etc, etc.

He's made poor signings and moaned about lack of money but has never brought money in by selling people like Stearman or Maybury or perhaps even KIsnorbo when he had the chance.

I'm not saying those players should necessarily have been sold. But they could have been, at least two of the three.

Then there are loans.

We've carried some shit this season, that's for sure. And if we hadn't been wasting that money maybe we could have afforded a couple of decent loans, like Stoke or Derby have managed.

Kelly's not had perfect position for his ride but neither has he been boxed in on the rails. Too many of his decisions have been the wrong uns. He's picked people who are unfit and has he made even one inspired signing? No.

His only good moves have been moving Kisnorbo to centre-back, elevating Porter and perhaps bringing Logan through. Hardly earth shattering.

On the downside he's signed Low, Johnson, Welsh, Kenton and left Dodds, O'Grady, Sheehan to rot while also leaving King in the Academy. Hard to see how we gained by that.

But you makes your bed and the League table tells only the truth. We have made absolutely no progress under Kelly as yet. And it is not just about money.

But then if we were fairly steady financially then why can't we bring anyone in? It just smacks of ineptness again. Kelly wants to strengthen the squad, but either he isn't prepared to sell or the board don't think we need to sell. But surely we do if we can't afford to bring anyone in and we can't raise any funds?

Crazy.

But then if we were fairly steady financially then why can't we bring anyone in? It just smacks of ineptness again. Kelly wants to strengthen the squad, but either he isn't prepared to sell or the board don't think we need to sell. But surely we do if we can't afford to bring anyone in and we can't raise any funds?

Crazy.

We're not financially stable atm we can't risk bringing any one in.

However it's looking like we'll have money soon, so we can hold onto our players, if needs be they can go in the summer.

To a degree, how close we or any other football clubs are to administration/bankruptcy/a winding up order is the degree of faith and perhaps perceived solvency that the creditors see in or have in the club.

So although our debts are very large, with a Mandaric shaped wallet on the horizon, I imagine the creditors might take a view more akin to that of Sheff Wed's or Leeds' bankers/creditors. That is to say... a license spend spend spend whether the club is making profit/loss or whatever.

To me its scandalous that we havent tried to manoeuvre a couple more fringe players, especially Nisa who is coming to the end of contract and is hardly a regular and at the very least bring in two players in on loan.

If this board think that we can release 3 players and not bring in a sausage and stay up comfortably, they are dillousional. If this board have been waiting for a PROPOSED takeover before acting, they need shooting. Why the hell has Leicester City football Club become reactive instead of proactive FFS???!! I hope that we manage to grab a loanee or two in the next 36 hours or we will end up being in the mother of all relegation dog fights come April/May.

To a degree, how close we or any other football clubs are to administration/bankruptcy/a winding up order is the degree of faith and perhaps perceived solvency that the creditors see in or have in the club.

So although our debts are very large, with a Mandaric shaped wallet on the horizon, I imagine the creditors might take a view more akin to that of Sheff Wed's or Leeds' bankers/creditors. That is to say... a license spend spend spend whether the club is making profit/loss or whatever.

I think I'm right in saying that our debt is with Teachers :unsure:

If this is true then I can't see them calling our debt in, (they are long term investors). It wasn't even them who put us into administration last time it was Gerlings, Gerlings got stung by Bradford City for about £5million and would have got stung again by us for more unless we went into administration.

If our debt is with anyone else but Teachers I'd like to ask! Which fool gave us credit?

(One, ffs don't use capitals) why not? DO YOU OWN HIM?

lol mate, no worries. Anyway Pablo doesnt own me, he is my beeeeitch! :D Hilarious that the thread title has been downgraded to lowercase text also. Now that is some really sad stuff!!

Anyway back to the topic, I agree with a few of the people who have suggested that maybe we havent got much to deal with in the first place. One thing that continues to wind me up is that all sorts of clubs continue to knab some loans. Charlton grab another Arsenal youngster today (Song), Newcastle grab a player from Standard Liege (Onyewu) and more realistically from our division, Soton get Saganowski from Troyes and Luton line-up Fulham reserve Runstrom. They are hardly established names to most of us but at least they are bringing SOMEONE in.

lol mate, no worries. Anyway Pablo doesnt own me, he is my beeeeitch! :D Hilarious that the thread title has been downgraded to lowercase text also. Now that is some really sad stuff!!

Anyway back to the topic, I agree with a few of the people who have suggested that maybe we havent got much to deal with in the first place. One thing that continues to wind me up is that all sorts of clubs continue to knab some loans. Charlton grab another Arsenal youngster today (Song), Newcastle grab a player from Standard Liege (Onyewu) and more realistically from our division, Soton get Saganowski from Troyes and Luton line-up Fulham reserve Runstrom. They are hardly established names to most of us but at least they are bringing SOMEONE in.

We could always go back for Welsh. :P

Archived