Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Ultras-sonic!

I'm not going to steal their thunder because I'm sure the organisers will make their own announcement shortly but the Leicester City "Ultras, or whatever they eventually call themselves, have got off to a more than encouraging start.

I think it is fair to say their meeting with the club yesterday was 100% positive.

Club administrators have taken a lot of stick recently - much of it it ill considered and unfair - but headed by chief Executive Tim Davies, together with Supporter Relations Manager Peter Jones and others they couldn't have wished for more encouragement and co-operation.

What was agreeed reflected huge credit on Standupandsing and fellow organisers of the Ultras concept. They argued their case convincingly and it was quite obvious the club officials were prepared to be as positive as possible in putting as much weight as they could behind the idea.

And that meant plenty of positive assistance.

In terms of outcome and expectancy - on a scale of 1-10 I reckon the Ultras spokesmen scored 11.

Lets hope the fans who responded to the idea with so much enthusiasm now rally round in a practical sense to not only make it work but to help build an increasingly special atmosphere at the Walkers.

I'm sure Jamie will fill me in in the very near future. It's his way. :cool:

As for their name, I believe Spion Kopites is the current favourite in the running. ;)

Pity, the name I suggested is lagging a little. lol

Well done lads, I'm sure it's even better than it sounds since Thracian is withholding information. :ph34r:

As for their name, I believe Spion Kopites is the current favourite in the running. ;)

Well done lads, I'm sure it's even better than it sounds since Thracian is withholding information. :ph34r:

Yeh well done boys, the little ive heard sounds very good :thumbup:

Theres a lot more LWICD :thumbup:

I prefer the 'Spoin Kopites'

You just know that these so called 'Ultras' are going to become a complete laughing stock. I really can't wait for their first attempt to 'ultralise' the stadium with their fanatical flag waving and their 'we love you Leicester weee doo' chants!!

Everyone is going to point and laugh hysterically at them.

I prefer the 'Spoin Kopites'

You just know that these so called 'Ultras' are going to become a complete laughing stock. I really can't wait for their first attempt to 'ultralise' the stadium with their fanatical flag waving and their 'we love you Leicester weee doo' chants!!

Everyone is going to point and laugh hysterically at them.

Don't forget their permission slip from the club (in true ULTRA style). :whistle:

Don't forget their permission slip from the club (in true ULTRA style). :whistle:

I wonder if the club have put restrictions on the noise levels the 'Ultra Spoins Kopites' are allowed to make?

Some of the children might become frightened when this mass of fanatical beasts invade the family stand with their ‘wall of noise’ they're supposedly going to create?

Hardly what the club needs though is it - a few enthusiastic fans being mocked for trying to improve the atmosphere.

The football doesn't help sometimes but even in the on more occasions than is good for us, the atmosphere is dull and lifeless, almost resigned.

There is no easy answer to that but these fans have got off their butts and made the effort to spark a bit of life - and with more success than might have been imagined so far.

No-one's going to force anyone to join them but I'd say anything that builds the level of vocal support - and not just when the team is winning - should be welcomed and applauded.

Hardly what the club needs though is it - a few enthusiastic fans being mocked for trying to improve the atmosphere.

The football doesn't help sometimes but even in the on more occasions than is good for us, the atmosphere is dull and lifeless, almost resigned.

There is no easy answer to that but these fans have got off their butts and made the effort to spark a bit of life - and with more success than might have been imagined so far.

No-one's going to force anyone to join them but I'd say anything that builds the level of vocal support - and not just when the team is winning - should be welcomed and applauded.

I'm not knocking them I'm knocking which ever bright spark decided it would be a good idea to house them in the family stand, if thats is where they are.

And for the second time in two days im posting in the wrong thread.

Spoin Kopites sounds like a Liverpool supporters club.

I believe that the Leicestershire regiment was one of many that fought at the battle of Spion Kop in the Boer War. Or at least there is some kind of connection with Leicester and that battle.

I'm not knocking them I'm knocking which ever bright spark decided it would be a good idea to house them in the family stand, if thats is where they are.

And for the second time in two days im posting in the wrong thread.

Just to confirm, Block N is not and has never been part of the Family Stand. We have no restrictions on noise or language. We are not bound by any rules governing that we cannot sing or chant. Block N is divided off. In the concourse there is a shutter dividing it off from the family Stand and the away supporters. It is completely separate and alcohol is still served!

I don't get all this negativity.

I know some of it is harmless banter but from some sides I get the feeling you would actually take pleasure from seeing the idea fail.

Ultimately the goal is to create a better atmosphere. There is nothing wrong with that. The Walkers Stadium at times can be embarrasingly quiet. Finally, a group has stepped forward to try and change it.

The fact that they have gone through the club is more a sign of the times then something to be ridiculed. Unfortunately we live in a country where spontaneous actions are condemned on health and safety grounds and the 'we'll do what we fkin want' attitude will probably result in more noise from police sirens and angry, over zealous stewards than singing from the fans.

I continue to fully support the plans and find the club's response encouraging and to be honest somewhat surprising in it's positivity. I guess that's a reflection of how constructive and effective the preceding dialogue had been between the club and the guys involved.

There's no doubt there is a hell of a lot more work to be done but as far as things go it's an impressive start.

Fair play.

I don't get all this negativity.

I know some of it is harmless banter but from some sides I get the feeling you would actually take pleasure from seeing the idea fail.

Ultimately the goal is to create a better atmosphere. There is nothing wrong with that. The Walkers Stadium at times can be embarrasingly quiet. Finally, a group has stepped forward to try and change it.

The fact that they have gone through the club is more a sign of the times then something to be ridiculed. Unfortunately we live in a country where spontaneous actions are condemned on health and safety grounds and the 'we'll do what we fkin want' attitude will probably result in more noise from police sirens and angry, over zealous stewards than singing from the fans.

I continue to fully support the plans and find the club's response encouraging and to be honest somewhat surprising in it's positivity. I guess that's a reflection of how constructive and effective the preceding dialogue had been between the club and the guys involved.

There's no doubt there is a hell of a lot more work to be done but as far as things go it's an impressive start.

Fair play.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment of support for anything that can be done, I do not agree that the best way forwards was going through the club.

Having said that, it's their idea and their baby and good luck to them!

Whilst I agree with the sentiment of support for anything that can be done, I do not agree that the best way forwards was going through the club.

Having said that, it's their idea and their baby and good luck to them!

I don't think the idea had any chance of taking off properly without the club's approval and co-operation.

I don't think the idea had any chance of taking off properly without the club's approval and co-operation.

Yeah, I bet the Ultras at all the Italian clubs ring up for permission every week.

Of course it had a chance of taking off without the club... that's what Ultras organisations are all about!

Yeah, I bet the Ultras at all the Italian clubs ring up for permission every week.

Of course it had a chance of taking off without the club... that's what Ultras organisations are all about!

there's a lot of reasons why you can't really compare this with italy.

Apparently that’s what the Galatasaray Ultras do each week....

As I've said lots of times. I don't give a shit what other club's do. Especially Italian clubs, much as love Italy and its people from the time I spent there.

As I've said lots of times. I don't give a shit what other club's do. Especially Italian clubs, much as love Italy and its people from the time I spent there.

Well fair enough.

I'm just giving at example of somewhere where it has worked.

Someone said that really they HAD to go through the club.

I was just showing that that was bollocks.

Archived