Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Luton Match Thread

I'm ill, I could do with cheering up.

Hopefully we'll demolish them 6-0 with four different scorers (Kisnorbo, McAuley, Hume, Hughes). :ph34r:

But we never make it that easy so we'll just squeak a 1-0 win. :unsure:

When was the last time we won 4, 5 or 6-0?

ive not been out today but is theres ome sort of marijuana fog going around, ive now been told 7! yes 7 times that we should play in midfield..

LM CM CM RM

mark levi iain luigi

yeates porter hume glombard

dont be silly we might score :P

now this came up the 7 times!! :dunno::blink: when i had started talking about whod play in mid with gazza gone etc.

dont get me wrong there is some serious pace there, but not enough experience for me and really nobody that can tackle, im not going the RK approach of crap pace and too much defenseve mids (that dont defend anyway :P ) but am i the one thats been inhaling something or is everyone just on crack. :P:P:P

From the OS.

New Men Start Against Luton

Rob Kelly has included two of his deadline day signings in the starting line up for the Championship clash against Luton town at the Walkers Stadium.

Both Geoff Horsfield and Mark Yeates, who joined the club on loan from Premiership sides Sheffield United and Tottenham Hotspur respectively, are named in Rob Kelly's XI for the visit of Mike Newell's Hatters.

Kelly makes four changes in total to the side that went down at Cardiff City last weekend. Paddy McCarthy misses the game after he picked up a shoulder injury in training on Thursday - so Gareth McAuley has moved from right-back to take up the vacant spot at centre half. Nisse Johnssson takes up the left-back role - allowing Alan Maybury to switch to the right-hand side.

Horsfield comes in for the injured Fryatt who was forced off the field with a foot knock during the first half at Ninian Park, while Yeates replaces James Wesolowski. Stephen Hughes is expected to move to the centre of midfield to allow the Spurs man to start on the right.

Recent signing Drew Talbot is included in the Luton starting line up.

City: Henderson, Maybury, Kisnorbo ©, McAuley, Johansson, Yeates, Hughes, Johnson, Porter, Horsfield, Hume.

Subs: Logan, Stearman, Cadamarteri, Hammond, Kenton.

Luton: Beresford, Foley, Davis, Perrett, Spring, Emanuel, Robinson ©, Bell,Keane, Talbot, Runstrom.

Subs: Brill, Morgan, Boyd, Langley, Asafu-Adjaye

Full-backs play in right positions shocker !!!!

City play two wingers shocker !!!

----------------- Henderson ------------------

Maybury - McAuley - Kisnorbo - Johansson

Yeates ----- Hughes - Johnson ------ Porter

-------------- Horse - Hume ------------------

Logan, Stearman, Kenton, Cads, Elvis

No: Weso, Tiatto, Fryatt

New Men Start Against Luton

Rob Kelly has included two of his deadline day signings in the starting line up for the Championship clash against Luton Town at the Walkers Stadium.

Both Geoff Horsfield and Mark Yeates, who joined the club on loan from Premiership sides Sheffield United and Tottenham Hotspur respectively, are named in Rob Kelly's XI for the visit of Mike Newell's Hatters.

Kelly makes four changes in total to the side that went down at Cardiff City last weekend. Paddy McCarthy misses the game after he picked up a shoulder injury in training on Thursday - so Gareth McAuley has moved from right-back to take up the vacant spot at centre half. Nisse Johnssson takes up the left-back role - allowing Alan Maybury to switch to the right-hand side.

Horsfield comes in for the injured Fryatt who was forced off the field with a foot knock during the first half at Ninian Park, while Yeates replaces James Wesolowski. Stephen Hughes is expected to move to the centre of midfield to allow the Spurs man to start on the right.

Recent signing Drew Talbot is included in the Luton starting line up.

City: Henderson, Maybury, Kisnorbo ©, McAuley, Johansson, Yeates, Hughes, Johnson, Porter, Horsfield, Hume.

Subs: Logan, Stearman, Cadamarteri, Hammond, Kenton.

I actually think Johnson could eventually turn out alright, especially with actual wingers and things. Hopefully he'll have something to prove.

I'm optimisic for todays game, though I think that might backfire on me. Looks a good lineup, though, I have to say.

I wish I was there. :(

I have to say that's the best starting line up we've had for a while, I'm pleased. All the players in the right positions; a big man to compliment a nippy striker up front. Swap Johnson for Weslowski and you'd have a very cheeky little side indeed.

I'm still living in hope Johnson will do something well, eventually!

Archived