Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicfox

Jason Jarrett

Leicester City have today (Thursday) completed the signing of Preston North End midfielder Jason Jarrett on an initial one month loan deal.

Jarrett (27) becomes Rob Kelly's fourth signing of the year, following the capture of Geoff Horsfield, Mark Keates and Luigi Glombard last week.

The transfer window closed for permanent signings at midnight on January 31.

But the Foxes have taken advantage of the clause that allows players to move on loan one-week after the deadline.

Jarrett arrives at the Walkers Stadium with a wealth of experience of the division - having been part of the Wigan Athletic side that gained promotion to the Premiership in 2005.

Spells at Norwich City and Plymouth Argyle followed for Jarrett, before Billy Davies took him to Deepdale to bolster his side's promotion push at the end of the 2005-06 campaign.

City boss Rob Kelly said: "We've taken Jason for an initial one-month loan period with a view to an extension and I am delighted to get him.

"He is a player who I know quite a lot about as I watched him play a number of times for Wigan when I was at Blackburn.

"He's been promoted out of the division and knows what it takes to be successful in the Championship. I am sure he will be a really good addition to us. He's the type of box-to-box modern midfield player which we need."

Jarrett began his career at Blackpool, but really made his mark during an 18-month spell at Bury. His form for the Shakers persuaded Wigan boss Paul Jewell to secure his signature for £75,000 in 2002 - and the player would go on to make 105 appearances for the Lancashire side before moving to Carrow Road in 2005.

An agile midfielder with a strong engine, Jarrett's capture could prove to be a major shot in the arm for Kelly's squad as they look to stave off the threat of relegation.

The player has been allocated the number 23 shirt.

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~977707,00.html

Let's see what he's like. If he is crap, he's only here for a month, so happy days.

As i said in my rumour post...he might have the odd decent game but he has no real quality, not a great passer, not great tackler, not particularly fast...just more of the same...hughes/johnson esc

he actually thinks he's something special though...apparently

As i said in my rumour post...he might have the odd decent game but he has no real quality, not a great passer, not great tackler, not particularly fast...just more of the same...hughes/johnson esc

he actually thinks he's something special though...apparently

Yeah but what do you actually expect bearing in mind...

a) We're sh it

b) RK is an idiot

c) We have no money.

I'll tell you what.

a + b + c = Josh Low and Elvis Hammond.

another body must be good news

Thats the plus for me too as we are only a couple of injuries away from being right up sh** creek without a paddle. The problem for me is that he hasnt played much in the last two years and if he was any good you would have thought that a club who are pushing for promotion (PNE) would not be letting him go if he was that important. We`ll probably get him match fit in the first team and if he does well they`ll want him back anyway.

Exactly.

I'd be quite optimistic, but I can't get away from the fact that RK has always wanted to sign him.

That basically means he's shit.

Well. Yes, there is that.

As long as he does something in useful in some game to help us get some points, I'll be happy.

Obviously not if he causes us to lose every other game he plays in, mind.

Archived