Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicfox

Jason Jarrett

I will try and give an honest appraisal on the type of player you are getting.

Strengths

As has been stated he is a box-to-box type midfielder who apparently has a decent shot on him (I have to admit I didn't particularly notice the good shot part!)

He plays the pressing type of game very well (if you play that style)

He passes the ball simply without the defence splitting pass

Weaknesses

Whilst being with us, he has sulked a little and apparently didn't take well to being dropped to the reserves, which is rumoured to why he fell out with Paul Simpson. Simpson demands honesty from his players and work-rate, whether that be in the first team or the reserves.

He supports the attack well although whether he has that killer finish is yet to be seen because other than the games he played in, towards the end of last season, we haven't seen much of him. In fairness to Jarrett, he played a part in cementing our place in the play-offs last season with some commanding performances in midfield.

He isn't the type of midfielder that will create chances for your fowards, unless you manage to draw that quality from him, and technically he isn't the type of player that will have you on the edge of your seat.

So to summarise, if your manager shows faith in him and selects him consistently then you could have a decent box-to-box midfielder that would work well alongside a creative midfielder. From a Preston perspective - will we miss him? Not likely, because he has only featured for the first few games and Simmo soon dropped him to the reserves and he hasn't had a look in since.

Surely none of you were actually expecting us to sign someone good? I mean how?

We're broke.. subject to takeover, got a sh it manager who no one wants to play for, a bunch of sh it players who no one wants to play with.. we're in a relegation battle and no one fancies joining in.

What were you expecting? One of the top teams to let us have one of their top players on loan?

Fu ck sake.

Surely none of you were actually expecting us to sign someone good? I mean how?

We're broke.. subject to takeover, got a sh it manager who no one wants to play for, a bunch of sh it players who no one wants to play with.. we're in a relegation battle and no one fancies joining in.

What were you expecting? One of the top teams to let us have one of their top players on loan?

Fu ck sake.

well yes, actually i was :P

He`ll bust a gut for you for 2 matches, then he`ll strut around giving it the "big I am". Not of Billy Davies` greatest legacies to us, Im afraid.

If he would usually bust a gut for 2 games we can convert this to 4 games due to RK's re-doubling training theory. In a sense therefore, by the end of the month this may equate to a sustainable period of consistent performance from the player, something only 1 or 2 of the current playing squad have managed thus far this season

Player of the Season Award 2006-2007 Nominees

1. Paddy K

2. Gareth M

3. Jason J

Never form your opinion based on what somebody else has to say. Let's wait and see how he performs in a Leicester shirt before making judgement. :thumbup:

Yeah you're right there we should probably give the bloke a chance. But as Thracian points out (a lot!) it keeps a younger player out of the team and if we're not going to use these youth players what is the point in them? Every time we have injuries or whatever, kelly wants loans and doesnt want to use the youth players. I dont understand it in all honesty

Yeah you're right there we should probably give the bloke a chance. But as Thracian points out (a lot!) it keeps a younger player out of the team and if we're not going to use these youth players what is the point in them? Every time we have injuries or whatever, kelly wants loans and doesnt want to use the youth players. I dont understand it in all honesty

He got rid of 4 players in the transfer window.

He has now brought in 4 players on loan.

So nothing has actually changed in terms of the standing of the youth players. :rolleyes:

Erm, because they're young and still have time to develop?

Erm, because they're young and still have time to develop?

Yes, but at times like these, it would be a good opportunity for them to get a little bit of experience rather than get some bloke in that everyone has slated before hes even been on the pitch yet, surely?

Yes, but at times like these, it would be a good opportunity for them to get a little bit of experience rather than get some bloke in that everyone has slated before hes even been on the pitch yet, surely?

But you don't know how good they are. If they're not good enough then they won't get into the team

Because we all know how he's going to play having never seen him play for Leicester before... right?

Archived