Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

The Premiership

Turning the dream into reality  

108 members have voted

1. 1. How long will it be?

• We're gonna go on a monster Mandaric honeymoon winning streak, win the play-offs (2-0 vs Derby) and be in the Premiership next season.
    • Not next season you nutter, the season after.
    • Couple of seasons of rebuilding, redoubling, re-everythinging and we'll be in the Premiership for 09/10.
    • Next season will be about getting promotion back to the Championship after relegation
    • This is a stupid poll and I haven't got a flaming clue how long it'll be.

Not to complain but... perhaps you should spell check text (e.g. your poll) before posting it :ph34r::whistle::P

:D

yeah i got a bit excited and forgot the ing in getting didn't i.

moderators feel free to correct (don't think i can edit the poll...)

:D

yeah i got a bit excited and forgot the ing in getting didn't i.

moderators feel free to correct (don't think i can edit the poll...)

What's the 4th question supposed to be asking - we are in the Championship

I'm surprised how confident everyone is really. Seeing as we're in a relegation fight this season...

I think the money will help a great deal obviously, but it depends who the manager is to which players he brings in.

It'll take a good few seasons I reckon for us to sustain a proper promotion bid.

Decided to go with option 3, but I was torn between 3 and 4. I reckon even with Milan at the helm, without the right manager and the right tactics, we're still going nowhere. A long hard slog for us now, but hopefully in a few years time (3 or 4) we'll be winning promotion and playing Premiership football.

Decided to go with option 3, but I was torn between 3 and 4. I reckon even with Milan at the helm, without the right manager and the right tactics, we're still going nowhere. A long hard slog for us now, but hopefully in a few years time (3 or 4) we'll be winning promotion and playing Premiership football.

I chose 4 but that was a spur of the moment thing.

I would say 3 is a more balanced answer... :whistle:

I chose 4 but that was a spur of the moment thing.

I would say 3 is a more balanced answer... :whistle:

4 is a real possibility though, and if I were you I wouldn't be fooled into thinking we're going to start climbing the table because of what we achieved on Saturday. 5 points isn't an awful lot, and considering we still have to play West Brom, Birmingham and Preston, teams around us can easily make it up should we not pick results up elsewhere.

3 is more balanced but still could be a little too optimistic for the reasons I have outlined regarding tactics and manager.

It's a bit like trying to guess the winner of the Grand National without knowing which horses are going to run. :whistle:

Tell you what though. If clubs finishing last in the Premiership are going to get £30m, or something ridiculous, we don't want to be hanging about.

We'll need a lot of loan players to combat that!

It's a bit like trying to guess the winner of the Grand National without knowing which horses are going to run. :whistle:

Tell you what though. If clubs finishing last in the Premiership are going to get £30m, or something ridiculous, we don't want to be hanging about.

We'll need a lot of loan players to combat that!

When I set the poll up I added the 5th option because I thought a lot of people would say something along those lines. I would tend to agree (although I actually voted for option 2 - blame the pre-announcement excitement).

There are so many variables at the minute - manager, players, finances, etc. Although the results of the poll so far suggest that most people are very optimistic. Hopefully that won't mean a bunch of very frustrated supporters if it isn't quite such a smooth ride.

Archived