Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Head Honcho

Kelly out now?

Kelly Out  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Sack Kelly

• yes
    • No

I think part of it was low wages no transfer cost and to be fair he had a good rep at Northampton !

:thumbup:

In our position, we had two options with no money to spend (and a desire to keep all saleable assets on)...

The Adams' approach - ageing professionals who were once good at something.

The Lower League approach - gamble on unproven players from lower leagues.

Money played a part ... cheaper to get players with low wage expectations from lower leagues than a bunch of premiership misfits and rejects. ;)

Josh Low was a gamble that didn't come off.

At the same time... McAuley was available on a free... his wages are low... again it was a gamble, but it looks like it's paying off.

The Lower League Approach is always a gamble - especially when you're picking players up that are out of contract as opposed to buying them (you have to wonder why the player is out of contract at all). Sometimes it goes wrong... Josh Low proved it. ;)

I semi-agree with Barton as well. But when you're shopping in the bargain bin you are hardly likely to pull out Ronaldhino are you?

I wasn't saying that, if he could I wouldn't complain, honest :D

For me I am not prepared to give him a chance now, he had that back in April last year when he was appointed full time. Despite these constraints he should have had us fit for the start of the year and had the team coached to playing more than one system. Neither happened and his additions both permanent and on loan have been questionable at best.

Low - :laugh:

Johnson - :laugh:

McAuley - gets pass marks although all this Steve Walsh stuff is comical, you all said that about McCarthy.

Kenton - hasn't been fit most of the time, failure.

Yeates - :dunno: but I am not sure I rate him either.

Welsh - what a waste that was.

Horsefield - :dunno: If he stays fit perhaps.

Tiatto - he is almost up there with Johnson.

Glombard - :laugh: WTF? :dunno:

I wasn't saying that, if he could I wouldn't complain, honest :D

For me I am not prepared to give him a chance now, he had that back in April last year when he was appointed full time. Despite these constraints he should have had us fit for the start of the year and had the team coached to playing more than one system. Neither happened and his additions both permanent and on loan have been questionable at best.

Low - :laugh:

Johnson - :laugh:

McAuley - gets pass marks although all this Steve Walsh stuff is comical, you all said that about McCarthy.

Kenton - hasn't been fit most of the time, failure.

Yeates - :dunno: but I am not sure I rate him either.

Welsh - what a waste that was.

Horsefield - :dunno: If he stays fit perhaps.

Tiatto - he is almost up there with Johnson.

Glombard - :laugh: WTF? :dunno:

Cadamarteri? :dunno::dunno:

And I suppose he was respomsible for Tony Blair taking us into Iraq as well.

Did you know that our three-game winning streak was the actual reason for Blair to pull the first 1'500 soldiers out of Iraq?

Imagine what we could achieve with a promotion - Peace On Earth!!

who else is he supposed to get though on that budget?

come on, give me some names.

ssshhhhhhh

The fact is we don't know what goes on behind the scenes. I'm pretty sure kelly has tried to bring in better players, but leicester just isn't as attractive as it used to be, and he hasn't got the money to pay transfer fees. He had to sign players to build up the squad, and i'm guessing the likes of low were all that were available.

who else is he supposed to get though on that budget?

come on, give me some names.

You could ask that question of the majority of managers in this division some manage it, some don't. Kelly's edging towards those that don't; plus he doesn't seem to make the most of what he has got. e.g picking McCarthy over McAuley.

If a carpenter turned up on site and mitred his architrave with a bow saw you'd say he hasn't got the right tools, And you'd be right!!!

Obtuse post of the year award? You know it makes sense...well, voting for it would, not the post itself as that makes no sense at all.

How's them drugs working out for you l444ry? They working out for you? Huh? :huh:

:P

Obtuse post of the year award? You know it makes sense...well, voting for it would, not the post itself as that makes no sense at all.

How's them drugs working out for you l444ry? They working out for you? Huh? :huh:

:P

obtuse adj. , -tuser , -tusest . Lacking quickness of perception or intellect. Characterized by a lack of intelligence or sensitivity: an obtuse

You mean that you don't know what architrave is? Or a bow saw? Perhaps analogies go over your head Dave.

obtuse adj. , -tuser , -tusest . Lacking quickness of perception or intellect. Characterized by a lack of intelligence or sensitivity: an obtuse

You mean that you don't know what architrave is? Or a bow saw? Perhaps analogies go over your head Dave.

sense.gif

Polls run this season on Kelly going (that weren't deleted due to extreme 'Kelly Out' activity)

Jan 1

Out - 36

In - 14

Dec 26

Out - 39

In - 68

Dec 2

Out - 94

In - 27

Aug 12

Out - 2

In - 17

Aug 9

Out - 28

In - 93

As LWICD pointed out - whether you are a staunch Kelly in or out doesn't matter...it's the rest of you (that probably trap your dicks in the toilet seat) I worry about.

Polls run this season on Kelly going (that weren't deleted due to extreme 'Kelly Out' activity)

Jan 1

Out - 36

In - 14

Dec 26

Out - 39

In - 68

Dec 2

Out - 94

In - 27

Aug 12

Out - 2

In - 17

Aug 9

Out - 28

In - 93

As LWICD pointed out - whether you are a staunch Kelly in or out doesn't matter...it's the rest of you (that probably trap your dicks in the toilet seat) I worry about.

Dag Dave, I salute you.

I toyed with the idea of checking the numbers, but in true student fashion, couldn't be arsed. lol

:worship:

I must say the results please me and are pretty much what I expected. It would be interesting to find out all the results for these polls for the season and stick them on a graph just to show how fickle we really are myself included!

You gotta believe it Allen...because my trawling of past polls threw up this beauty:

Sorry.

lol

• 2 weeks later...

Archived