Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

Scary and freaky albums/songs

Anybody have any scary or freaky music? I recently listened to Iron Maiden's 'Rime of the Ancient Mariner' and the narrative half-way through scared the hell out of me, cos I put it on to go to bed and woke up to it!!

Also, I find

'One of These Days', 'Echoes' by Pink Floyd on the Meddle albums as quite scary (with the voice and cold wind respectively on the tracks) and also Saucerful of Secrets is quite disturbing.

War of the Worlds Soundtrack by Jeff Wayne is quite moving too !!

The Subhumans - The Day The Country Died

Summed it up for me as it was back then. Inner city riots, high unemplyment, breakdown of the nhs and social support dreams, collapse of the trade unions.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: I am unable to confirm or deny that any of the following is actually true :ph34r: (End of disclaimer)

Back in those heady drugged fueled nights of hundreds of years ago, a bunch of us were staying in a secluded and rather eerie old farmhouse

The evening was fueled by mushrooms and smoke

Generally we were drifting into the music, an album most of us were hearing for the first time

ZZ Top - El Loco - Excellent stoner music

Then the 9th track came on - What can I say? - It scared the cráp out of us but when it finished we were all kind of whoa - What was that? - Put it on again put it on again

It was so perfect - totally scaring and exciting us at the same time - We played the track over and over for ages

The track is Heaven, Hell or Houston - If you've never heard the song it's well worth downloading and then maybe, just maybe, you'll understand :ph34r:

The track is Heaven, Hell or Houston - If you've never heard the song it's well worth downloading and then maybe, just maybe, you'll understand :ph34r:

Took my own advice and downloaded the track

It sounds more like a filler track to me now and doesn't quite have the same effect without the drugs :ph34r:

But still an interesting listen - In fact I'm about to play it again...

• 9 years later...

Anybody have any scary or freaky music? I recently listened to Iron Maiden's 'Rime of the Ancient Mariner' and the narrative half-way through scared the hell out of me, cos I put it on to go to bed and woke up to it!!

The descending chromatic scale which features throughout the music omits the perfect fifth (the only true consonant in the chromatic scale) and therefor highlight the diminished fifth, which ever since the middle ages in Europe has been known as the Devil's Interval!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lqZ9btdf24

Something in the way by Nirvana is a creepy song. Quality though

They recorded a version of that for a BBC radio session, they cranked up the guitars and personally think its better than the recorded version. Adds to the creepiness.

Archived