Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

The "Have a listen to THIS" Thread

I Need Something - Newton Faulkner

:worship:

:thumbup:

I've been a fan of his for ages. Went to see him live at the Y theatre last night and he's still the best live act Ive ever seen. Wasn't sure if he would be up to headlining his own tour but he was just as good as the small sets he used to play.

radioaxiom6yh.jpg

Think - so damn mellow and sexy that it will makes you twelve times more cool just thinking about playing it.

Think - comfortable silences staring at the rain patterns on the window pane with your arms around the naked form of the one you love.

Think - the part of a film where the main protagonist goes on a journey to somewhere important.

Think - the tunes you put on as you drift into weekend abuse unconsciousness.

Have listened to this a few times now. I like it - ALOT! :wub:

So chilled, so laid back. Bliss! :smile::cool:

Good call, mate. :thumbsup:

I've got so many artists I want to recommend I'm probably getting boring by now...

Fvck it, here's another:

RJD2

The closest comparison you can make is probably DJ Shadow which is one hell of a comparison but a deserved one nevertheless.

Buy the album Deadringer. Absolutely brilliant.

I've got so many artists I want to recommend I'm probably getting boring by now...

Fvck it, here's another:

RJD2

The closest comparison you can make is probably DJ Shadow which is one hell of a comparison but a deserved one nevertheless.

Buy the album Deadringer. Absolutely brilliant.

RJD2 isn't music, RJD2 exists on a higher level to music. 99% of music isn't fit to lace RJD2's boots.

I hope you hate him. :P

If that was double bluff then it failed.

I'm loving Dead Ringer.

Hang on, that means the bluff worked...unless it was a fake bluff in which case...in which case...I'm confusing myself.

I didn't hate him.

I'm loving Dead Ringer.

The follow-up is called Since We Last Spoke. I gave it a quick listen last night and it's definitely more rock influenced than Deadringer although it was a promotional copy so had an annoying woman talking over it which ruined the flow a little. Definitely going to get the proper album though.

His latest album is called The Third Hand but that has been slated in a similar way to DJ Shadow's more recent stuff. It's a risky business when people adore you for a certain style then you f**k that off in favour of experimenting.

The follow-up is called Since We Last Spoke. I gave it a quick listen last night and it's definitely more rock influenced than Deadringer although it was a promotional copy so had an annoying woman talking over it which ruined the flow a little. Definitely going to get the proper album though.

His latest album is called The Third Hand but that has been slated in a similar way to DJ Shadow's more recent stuff. It's a risky business when people adore you for a certain style then you f**k that off in favour of experimenting.

I have both albums and both are worth getting :thumbup:

DJ Shadows last album was guff, awful.

LTJ Bukem.

Rediscovered him this weekend.

He produces, promotes and mixes some of the best drum n bass around. Been a little quiet of late but albums like Logical Progression (released mid 1990's I think) are brilliant showcases of the "intelligent" sub-genre. The one that he pretty much defined and carved out himself.

I was listening to volume 2 in the Earth series earlier. Brilliantly combines slower beats, atmospheric synths, walking bass lines and the more typical higher tempo drum patterns. Track 2 is almost Mr Scruff-esque while track 4 is like a blues band on amphetamine.

Well worth checking out, it'll appeal to people whether they enjoy jungle or not.

• 1 year later...
Anything DragonForce, purely for Herman Li's guitaring skills.

Even if you don't like the music, you've got to admire his guitaring.

Sorry if this has already been posted, I'm not a common lurker in the Music forum :ph34r:

A band that's become really famous thanks to a video game :giggle:

A band that's become really famous thanks to a video game :giggle:

It is true, however without said game I probably wouldn't have heard of them.

And most of my favourite music now, to be honest, comes from Guitar Hero and Rock Band, but that's because I'm easily influenced :D

Anything DragonForce, purely for Herman Li's guitaring skills.

Even if you don't like the music, you've got to admire his guitaring.

Sorry if this has already been posted, I'm not a common lurker in the Music forum :ph34r:

Ye, I can be partial to the odd bit of Dragonforce.

• 9 months later...

Archived