Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

The "Have a listen to THIS" Thread

What does everyone think to a thread where we all recommend some music that a lot of people may well not have heard before but is definitely worth a go?

Well, here it is.

Noticed Mr Fez doing it with Bombay Bicycle Club and I reckon it'd be a good way to find out about bands/producers, etc we haven't heard before.

I'll kick things off with Brothers in Sound and their album Family is for Sharing.

This really is an undiscovered gem. Any fans of Beta Band will love it but even if you don't like them please listen to it, I'm sure you'll be impressed...

What does everyone think to a thread where we all recommend some music that a lot of people may well not have heard before but is definitely worth a go?

Well, here it is.

Noticed Mr Fez doing it with Bombay Bicycle Club and I reckon it'd be a good way to find out about bands/producers, etc we haven't heard before.

I'll kick things off with Brothers in Sound and their album Family is for Sharing.

This really is an undiscovered gem. Any fans of Beta Band will love it but even if you don't like them please listen to it, I'm sure you'll be impressed...

Good idea James as I think you have similar tastes to me.

I adore listening to Sparklehorse at the moment.

sparklehorse-vivadixie.jpg

Sparklehorse - if you love Arab Strap and Belle and Sebastian - you may love this.

Well, here it is.

You might also like to try Gravenhurst or Parsley Sound then.

Gravenhurst

Parsley Sound

Merci.

Here's another from me.

Lamb - Fear of Fours

This is really REALLY good. A hint of drum n bass mixed with a kind of Portishead sound. Mmm mmm.

EDIT: check the reviews on the link I gave if you need any persuasion!

Yep got it mate. I know it's one of your fave albums !! Do you like the Cafe Del Mar or Back To Mine series James ?? They're quite good too!!

Merci.

Here's another from me.

Lamb - Fear of Fours

This is really REALLY good. A hint of drum n bass mixed with a kind of Portishead sound. Mmm mmm.

EDIT: check the reviews on the link I gave if you need any persuasion!

Yes that's the album I have. I actually find listening to The Wall by Pink Floyd easier, although Lamb's album is a grower. I also adore

David Sylvian

• 3 weeks later...

Archived