Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City Lad

Newton Signs on Loan for the rest of season.

Davie I know it's not inspirational, but we are extremely limited to what we can get. I know for a FACT we got turned down by one decent player, things like that are out of our control though.

I think some people read footballrumours.com too much and were expecting Alan Smith to walk through the door. If Kellys job was not on the line i'd imagine he'd be happy to wait until summer, but as it's not he will get in the best he can to try and keep himself in a job. If the best available is Newton then we have to accept it!!

I'm sure you're right but I'm to old to pretend to be excited. :P

Date of finding 2006/2007 - 1st Quarter

Date added to website 06/09/2006

Reference number 46

Sport Football

National Governing Body Football Association

Competitor name Shaun Newton

Class of drug Stimulants

Substance Benzoylecgonine

Action taken Player charged under FA Rule E25. Player banned from all competitive football for a period of seven months.

Babylon why don't you just tell us the name of this player you know of, that is a matter of FACT, ?

I don't want the info in public but I will message it to DavieG as I can trust him not to say anything.

Well the fact we only had a choice between either Josh sodding Low or Momo Sylla three months ago and not a pot to piss in i think it's pretty decent we've managed to get him at all.

It's only on loan deal so if he's sh*t we bin him, it's not like we've spent loads of money buying him. Personally I think he'll do alright here.

Hmmmish.

I don't know what the bloke's all about so I'll reserve judgement.

Does this mean we've given up on Yeates? And end to Hughes on the right wing? Anything?

Still, he's a Newton... and Newtons are famous. One of them discovered gravity a long time ago. This fella we signed on loan is almost old enough... :ph34r:

<--/ fuzzy logic ends here-->

Yeates has had what, 3/4 games total? I thought he's been OK but needed a bit of time. Considering Kelly persevered with Johno when he was utter utter shite for 20 odd games, it hardly seems fair that Yeates hasn't had much of a chance.

Given that, that's 3/4 games more than one or two other players deserve...

Guest Gist

Yeates has had what, 3/4 games total? I thought he's been OK but needed a bit of time. Considering Kelly persevered with Johno when he was utter utter shite for 20 odd games, it hardly seems fair that Yeates hasn't had much of a chance.

Given that, that's 3/4 games more than one or two other players deserve...

I actually think Yeates has been the best loan signing.

I think part of that might be because of how poor we have been on the right side all season it just makes him look better.

Newton's not a bad little winger :thumbup:

Good signing.

I agree. He might suprise a few people. Given the fact that troubled West Ham played him despite their oversized squad means he is probably our best signing so far. Horsefield got zilch time in the prem I remember. He must have cost a bit. I hope Levi can learn some good tricks from him. Besides given his long ban, he must be quite fresh.

Guest Gist

I agree. He might suprise a few people. Given the fact that troubled West Ham played him despite their oversized squad means he is probably our best signing so far. Horsefield got zilch time in the prem I remember. He must have cost a bit. I hope Levi can learn some good tricks from him. Besides given his long ban, he must be quite fresh.

Or out of shape ...

Newton cost the Hammers 10k initially... 125k in total when they got promoted.

Horsfield by comparison cost Sheffield Utd 1.2m quids. :mellow:

Just FYI. :whistle:

Archived