Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City Lad

Newton Signs on Loan for the rest of season.

I actually think Yeates has been the best loan signing.

I think part of that might be because of how poor we have been on the right side all season it just makes him look better.

:whistle:

That may well be true, but it seems like we're within a whisker of a half decent winger compared with the dross that was served there all season for waaaaaaaay more than 3/4 games (Low) and then Kelly just ditches it without even working any problems through. By all accounts Yeates had one 45 mins of an iffy performance (I wasn't at the Burnley game) and hasn't really been given much chance since.

I think its a waste when its clear our real problems lie in *cough* central midfield *cough*.

Or does Kelly not expect his central midfielders to create anything? :ph34r:

I shall not jump in head first and pass judgement on the guy without giving him a chance first. I'll watch him play a couple of times then make a decision as to what I think about him. I don't want to hound him out of Leicester City Rehab Centre without giving him a chance to prove his worth first.

I shall not jump in head first and pass judgement on the guy without giving him a chance first. I'll watch him play a couple of times then make a decision as to what I think about him. I don't want to hound him out of Leicester City Rehab Centre without giving him a chance to prove his worth first.

lol

Paul Merson and Tony Adams management dream team in the summer. :thumbup:

:pinch:

What the West Ham fans think

"hope he goes. did a job for us back in promotion season but he shouldve gone at end of last season"

"that bloke (some fat waster) could probably perform better on the pitch than newton for sure"

"I always thought newton did an ok job for us whenever he has played. Ok he made a mistake with the coke but actual performances on the pitch at whatever level i think he's always done pretty well"

"Good luck to him. Probably the right time to move on. I felt he might revitalise the team on his return, as he seemed quite the team player, but that was not the case, and he flopped"

"Never really was great, but was good, and I have a fond spot for him. But if, I mean when we go down, I dont feel he should return"

"um....good luck to him....i hope he does enough to secure himself a permanent contract.... 1 troubled player down.... quite a few to go"

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=82048

Like most, not so sure on this one but I'm willing to give him a chance. He cannot possibly be worse than Hughes on the right.

Let's see how he does, (possibly tomorrow even?) and then judge him after 2 or 3 appearances. I'm not unhappy that we've brought in another player, it just depends whether he's really the right guy to make things happen for us...

Putting my natural need to argue with Thracian aside. I think this may be the end for Max Gradel, and thats not really fair.

The Max Gradel situation does confuse me, same with Louis Dodds really. I do wonder what it is that Kelly saw in Porter that he didn't with Dodds, and it looks like Gradel is going to go the same way what with Newton possible coming in if he does enough to earn a contract with us which I think he will. He'll look dangerous at this level even if he is 31, he's not the greatest of players but he's a improvement on most of the toss we've had out on our right.

I see Gradel going the same way as Dodds, at Youth level he's the sort of player you'd point out, but Dodds didn't get a loan deal until it was starting to become clear that he didn't have a future here and now he can't even shift Adam La Fonder (on loan for Stockport County) or Glenn Murray up front or get in a midfield place, which I'm led to believe is (for some ridiculous reason) he's preffered position these days. This is concerning, if a striker who scores 65 goals in three seasons at youth/reserve level is deciding he's better off in midfield then thats not really saying much about the fact he's scored 65 goals in three seasons is it. So maybe, like Dodds, Gradel isn't all he's cracked up to be.

On the other hand whenever I've seen him (Gradel) he's looked electric. Lazy at times but electric, certainly worth a go.

Oh dear one is rambling, the point is that I've always thought it was unfair that Louis Dodds never got a shout at the first team but and still do get the sneaking feeling he will come back to haunt us and I think the same is going to happen to Gradel, but maybe Kelly is right seeing as Dodds is struggling at Rochdale? I've just relised I have no point and will deuly stop.

If as somebody said earlier on Pardew was keeping him on to train as a coach then maybe thats why we have got him in, to see if we can kill two birds with one stone.

Kelly was only saying the other day that he would like to be able to bolster the coaching staff.

Will have to wait and see

If as somebody said earlier on Pardew was keeping him on to train as a coach then maybe thats why we have got him in, to see if we can kill two birds with one stone.

Kelly was only saying the other day that he would like to be able to bolster the coaching staff.

Will have to wait and see

Hes only 31 and already looking at coaching?

Shows how significant this signing is when it dosent appear on skysports or the bbc websites.

The Max Gradel situation does confuse me, same with Louis Dodds really. I do wonder what it is that Kelly saw in Porter that he didn't with Dodds.

Quite easy to explain, you play them against the first team in training and see how they do. If his marker has him in his pocket ALL the time then the guy isn't ready.

Quite easy to explain, you play them against the first team in training and see how they do. If his marker has him in his pocket ALL the time then the guy isn't ready.

is it legal to do this sort of thing to youngsters :o anyway it doesn't sound very fair :P

i think this is a good signing for us, he has plenty of experiance. Also he hasn't really had a say in the west ham team so he will be gagging for a start. Also with all the drug problems like cadarmeteri he probably thinks he needs to prove people wrong. I see the signing going 2 ways. Either newton comes here and wants to fight for a place. or he come here and thinks he is above everyone and is playing out his last contracts. I just hope its the 1st

What the West Ham fans think

"hope he goes. did a job for us back in promotion season but he shouldve gone at end of last season"

"that bloke (some fat waster) could probably perform better on the pitch than newton for sure"

"I always thought newton did an ok job for us whenever he has played. Ok he made a mistake with the coke but actual performances on the pitch at whatever level i think he's always done pretty well"

"Good luck to him. Probably the right time to move on. I felt he might revitalise the team on his return, as he seemed quite the team player, but that was not the case, and he flopped"

"Never really was great, but was good, and I have a fond spot for him. But if, I mean when we go down, I dont feel he should return"

"um....good luck to him....i hope he does enough to secure himself a permanent contract.... 1 troubled player down.... quite a few to go"

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=82048

West Ham fans seem to have a decent opinion of him. I think he can do a job until the end of the season definately. But not sure after that when surely we could have a better selection.

Archived