Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City Lad

Newton Signs on Loan for the rest of season.

Surely he will be better than Hughes. :rolleyes:

Well, we could get someone in the crowd to hold a bag of coke at the other end of the pitch near the corner flag- he'd be the fastest player on the park then for sure! And perhaps he could even put a decent ball into the box after his run :P

But seriously, i thought he was a good player. He's getting on a bit and im not sure what this ban is going to have done to him but we'll see on Tuesday i reckon :thumbup:

Well, we could get someone in the crowd to hold a bag of coke at the other end of the pitch near the corner flag- he'd be the fastest player on the park then for sure! And perhaps he could even put a decent ball into the box after his run :P

But seriously, i thought he was a good player. He's getting on a bit and im not sure what this ban is going to have done to him but we'll see on Tuesday i reckon :thumbup:

Already tried it with DC. Nothing. Not even a fast jog. :(

Problem with the players we sign like, Horse, DC and now Newton. They all USED to be good. But are now just winding up their careers.

Already tried it with DC. Nothing. Not even a fast jog. :(

Problem with the players we sign like, Horse, DC and now Newton. They all USED to be good. But are now just winding up their careers.

Look at where we are.

Would YOU join us in the position we're in, if you were any good?

We've got the likes of the crack-addicts and past-it strikers because we're doing nothing this season, so nobody of any note really wants to join us right now. :ph34r:

Look at where we are.

We've got the likes of the crack-addicts and past-it strikers because we're doing nothing this season, so nobody of any note really wants to join us right now. :ph34r:

Exactly, how anyone with common sense cannot see this is beyond me

i would imagine the reason we haven't signed some of the players that other teams have is down to wages. some teams are in a precarious position and are prepared to be held to ransom to preserve their status. we've nothing really to play for so why would we pay over the top?

Look at where we are.

...unless we managed to get an inspirational manager like...oooh, I don't know...off the top of my head....maybe like Kevin Keegan? :whistle::ph34r:

Look at where we are.

Not even with the potential of higher wages and a good crack at promotion next season that MM's presence indicates.

i would imagine the reason we haven't signed some of the players that other teams have is down to wages. some teams are in a precarious position and are prepared to be held to ransom to preserve their status. we've nothing really to play for so why would we pay over the top?

In that case let's not bother, RK insists they need to be better than what we've got - he can't find anyone better than Johnson, he should trawl the local parks on a Sunday he'll find plenty.

...unless we managed to get an inspirational manager like...oooh, I don't know...off the top of my head....maybe like Kevin Keegan? :whistle::ph34r:

Im another who has been asking for a manager like KK to replace RK because Kelly simply cant persuade players to join us on loan. We are meant to be a club with a new multi-million pound owner, a lovely stadium, good training facilities, the 5th most succesful club in England over the last ten years and average over 22k per week in the second tier. Surely we can attract players here instead of places like Stoke and Hull FFS???!!

That's harsh.

Him and Cadders will make great room-mates though.

The report was more than shocking.

It makes sense why he suddenly appeared - he's been sent here, shipped out to the very first place that showed interest.

I hate racism SO Much :angry: How can fans racially abuse a member of their own team :dunno: Madness :(

The report was more than shocking.

It makes sense why he suddenly appeared - he's been sent here, shipped out to the very first place that showed interest.

I hate racism SO Much :angry:How can fans racially abuse a member of their own team :dunno: Madness :(

Racism alone is disturbing. But that is even more disturbing.

In that case let's not bother, RK insists they need to be better than what we've got - he can't find anyone better than Johnson, he should trawl the local parks on a Sunday he'll find plenty.

agreed, save the money for next year. the 1 thing you can say about signing newton is that it's a 2 month trial,if he's not up to it we can bin him.

Look at where we are.

I understand that but when you see players like Vaz Te joining Hull who are worse off than us it still makes you think that there could be a better player out there.

I understand that but when you see players like Vaz Te joining Hull who are worse off than us it still makes you think that there could be a better player out there.

I'd have liked Vaz Te, I reckon the lad would be handy for us.

But we've already got a whole bunch of strikers on the books, do we need any more?

After all, we only use three of them on a regular basis it seems... the rest of them don't get time on the bench even. :unsure:

Look at where we are.

If I were an attacking player I wouldn't want to sign for Kelly and have to suffer his tactics and system of play.

It would be the kiss of death for an attacker's career.

Potential signings have only to look at videos of the matches or to read a selection of reports to realise that Kelly invariably overloads his teams with defenders.

So if you're a 20 goals a season striker or a creative/goalscoring winger why risk getting involved with that sort of thing continuing when you could sign for a more positive outfit.

And if you're a creative midfield player why would you sign at all knowing you probably wouldn't get a game if Johnson or Hughes were fit, at least that's the impression given.

Notwithstanding wages and conditions there is so little incentive to join Leicester if you want to enjoy your football.

If I'd have been a forward listening to Kelly's line up at Palace and what appeared, from the match commentary, to be his tactical instructions, I'd have wanted to go home before the kick-off.

Archived