Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scow

Potential Managers

You called his achievement at Macclesfield "extraordinary" which as I said was OTT and unjustified.

My selections for Leicester manager are not that far out of reach. If Keegan can go to a side who I think were in D1 (Fulham), then he should eb able to be persuaded back to the championship if he wanted to return to football management. Its his type of club, passionate, well supported and a few pounds to spend. He loves to reserect clubs so why is it that far fetched to think he would come to us? Also, why would it be far fetched to think that my second choice, Glenn Hoddle would be out of reach? His last job saw him sacked at another Championship club no bigger than ours didnt it??

As for Pearce, whilst I agree that he hasnt achieved anything, he would be above Ince in any list as he at least has had the experience at managing at the top level. He hasnt had it all his own way selling his better players also so maybe he would be hardened and may impress at his next job. Newell would be a good choice had he not turned us down twice already. He has proved to have done a good job at this level with limited resources and if his money grabbing board hadnt sold almost £10m in players and giving him no money to buy replacements, they would be in a better position than they are now.

I fancied Keegan as boss myself but he doesn't want to return to football from what I read.

Pearce has had management experience at a higher level and not shown any indication that he was likely to be successful at it.

I fancied Keegan as boss myself but he doesn't want to return to football from what I read.

Pearce has had management experience at a higher level and not shown any indication that he was likely to be successful at it.

Pearce hasnt set the worl alight in management terms and it will be interesting to see how he copes as u-21 manager. Again he isnt a favourite of mine but way ahead of the likes of Ince who has done F.A.

Pearce hasnt set the worl alight in management terms and it will be interesting to see how he copes as u-21 manager. Again he isnt a favourite of mine but way ahead of the likes of Ince who has done F.A.

We'll have to agree to disagree. Pearce just hasn't impressed me one bit.

We'll have to agree to disagree. Pearce just hasn't impressed me one bit.

I have to side with Newell at this point. Transfers in at Luton = £1.5million approx, transfers out £9million approx (mostly if not all, his signings). He's had to virtually rebuild nearly three sides in 18 months so it's no wonder the results are poor! Decent manager, greedy board, the Luton supporters must be pulling their hair out. Whilst no manager is bigger than a club, there's nothing wrong with one who's passionate and speaks his mind in my opinion, even though some things said in the heat of the moment have to be later retracted. It makes a change from all those mealy mouthed politically correct majority that might as well not be interviewed for what they've got to say of interest. I think we have to be realistic and realise that there's not many decent proven managers out there that are available or would want to come. What is for sure is that I wouldn't trust Kelly to spend Mandaric's money, his of record to date with the exception of McCauley is hardly inspiring and he doesn't appear to have much in the way of contacts.

Cheers.

I have to side with Newell at this point. Transfers in at Luton = £1.5million approx, transfers out £9million approx (mostly if not all, his signings). He's had to virtually rebuild nearly three sides in 18 months so it's no wonder the results are poor! Decent manager, greedy board, the Luton supporters must be pulling their hair out. Whilst no manager is bigger than a club, there's nothing wrong with one who's passionate and speaks his mind in my opinion, even though some things said in the heat of the moment have to be later retracted. It makes a change from all those mealy mouthed politically correct majority that might as well not be interviewed for what they've got to say of interest. I think we have to be realistic and realise that there's not many decent proven managers out there that are available or would want to come. What is for sure is that I wouldn't trust Kelly to spend Mandaric's money, his of record to date with the exception of McCauley is hardly inspiring and he doesn't appear to have much in the way of contacts.

Cheers.

Spot on. :thumbup:

Stick around.

Cheers.

I find arguments like that about Newell much more convincing than arguments about Pearce.

That's impressive business and 12 months ago I'd have welcomed Newell at the Walkers with unreserved enthusiasm as easily my first choice at the time.

Pursuade me some more :whistle: . :D:D

the more i think about this, the more i think MM will appoint Bryan Robson if he replaces Kelly. MM is nearly 70 and doesn't need the money, this is just an ego trip for him. wouldn't you prefer to employ a big name, national hero (if only from his playing days). or would you prefer a no name who always upsetting people.

I dont know why anyone would accept Newell now. I dont doubt that he is a decent manager at this level but the facts are that he has turned us down on two occasions. Once was bad enough but twice??! I`d say fook him now he is unemployed and let him go run and jump and look elsewhere. If he really wanted to manage this club he would have been at the helm already.

the more i think about this, the more i think MM will appoint Bryan Robson if he replaces Kelly. MM is nearly 70 and doesn't need the money, this is just an ego trip for him. wouldn't you prefer to employ a big name, national hero (if only from his playing days). or would you prefer a no name who always upsetting people.

A big flaw in that thinking, he may not need the money but he craves success and adulation. He can get both of them if he gets us promoted, whoever the manager is. Robson may bring in some early publicity but after that it will be all down hill all the way.

He's one of these managers where the team doesn't appear to want to play for them. Kelly & Adams look like they are as well.

A big flaw in that thinking, he may not need the money but he craves success and adulation. He can get both of them if he gets us promoted, whoever the manager is. Robson may bring in some early publicity but after that it will be all down hill all the way.

He's one of these managers where the team doesn't appear to want to play for them. Kelly & Adams look like they are as well.

That's an interesting thing to say. You could be right but it doesn't really tally up with what they say in the media. No-one ever talked about Adams in the same glowing terms even when we were busily getting promoted out of this shitheap of a division.

I think they're just rubbish.

I dont know why anyone would accept Newell now. I dont doubt that he is a decent manager at this level but the facts are that he has turned us down on two occasions. Once was bad enough but twice??! I`d say fook him now he is unemployed and let him go run and jump and look elsewhere. If he really wanted to manage this club he would have been at the helm already.

I didn't want him when he said 'no' the first time (allegedly). :ph34r:

I find arguments like that about Newell much more convincing than arguments about Pearce.

That's impressive business and 12 months ago I'd have welcomed Newell at the Walkers with unreserved enthusiasm as easily my first choice at the time.

Pursuade me some more :whistle: . :D:D

I wouldn't evr be persuaded by the sexist pig that is Newell. To be quite honest, I absolutely HATE him and if he were to come to Leicester I really don't know what I would do.... NO TO NEWELL!!!!!

Archived