Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scow

Potential Managers

It'd take a fair deal of money, but I'd pay to poach Aidy Boothroyd (when they go down they won't be in a particularly stronger position than us, and Billy Davies went to a weaker club because they're bigger). I'd like to see personalities, that's what's needed, a coach with an approach the antithesis of RK. Holloway might be a bit cheaper to pinch (should have employed him when QPR got rid - dunno what went on there, seems it was our fault anyway) and likes his footy on the ground, and is also the kind of media man Mandaric likes.

Pearce would also be magic, if he gets the boot. I'd also take a punt on Paul Ince.

I'd actually give Kelly until christmas if he makes a decent fist of our last 10 games, but if he carries on like yesterday I'm starting to come around to the idea of getting someone else in in the summer. We'll see. For me, the last 10 games are a trial for him now. He knows and we know Mandaric will have no qualms about getting rid - he should be doing everything he can to impress.

Martin Allen (Great choice for us and the current crop who need a good rollocking)

Steve Cotterill (Not too keen on his defensive style but I may be able to live with it)

Bryan Robson (Has credentials to get us up)

ok guys my CV = (Got Coaching level 1) & currently booking level 2 & uefa B & A courses soon.

Experiance = Coaching girls at under 11 and under 13. and currently looking into coaching with clubs for work experiance.

My proposal = to be realistic but inspiring, this summer if u choose to accept me, i will look into buying a player such as clinton Morrison, jon stead, or Jason Roberts- 20+ goal scoring strikers. i will fill the current problem at left back by returning sheehan as a back up and buying a player such as Jordon stewart (OOC in summer) or ben thatcher (OOC in summer) I will look into bringing a CM such as savage here to finish his career, i will also look into biuying someone young to play beside him someone promising and up fot it such as pagatetz,or luke moore. I will inspire the players to move forward and i will be looking to introduce the youth from the excelent academy we have werever neccasary. promotion will be next season if the players Gel the season after if not!

if u think this sounds good, PM me, do u like my ideas atleast?

Do u think im the man for the job?

It'd take a fair deal of money, but I'd pay to poach Aidy Boothroyd (when they go down they won't be in a particularly stronger position than us, and Billy Davies went to a weaker club because they're bigger). I'd like to see personalities, that's what's needed, a coach with an approach the antithesis of RK. Holloway might be a bit cheaper to pinch (should have employed him when QPR got rid - dunno what went on there, seems it was our fault anyway) and likes his footy on the ground, and is also the kind of media man Mandaric likes.

Pearce would also be magic, if he gets the boot. I'd also take a punt on Paul Ince.

I'd actually give Kelly until christmas if he makes a decent fist of our last 10 games, but if he carries on like yesterday I'm starting to come around to the idea of getting someone else in in the summer. We'll see. For me, the last 10 games are a trial for him now. He knows and we know Mandaric will have no qualms about getting rid - he should be doing everything he can to impress.

I don't see what he has done to warrant such a chance. Despite all this talk of restrictions he could still have made a damn sight better fist of it than he has. Typifies everything of the last 3 years and only was kept on to save the face of the previous board who inflicted him on us.

OK, I've given Kelly time and patience but I think the time would be right for him to go at the end of the season. He's never going to take us to where we want to be.

The questuions is though, is there any decent managers available? I don't think so. These managers are all without clubs for a reason.

Also, no club is going to want to let us to talk to their manager is they're any good.

Also, no club is going to want to let us to talk to their manager is they're any good.

That was the problem with Holloway wasn't it. We have £Â£Ã‚£ now though. :ph34r::P

I don't see what he has done to warrant such a chance. Despite all this talk of restrictions he could still have made a damn sight better fist of it than he has. Typifies everything of the last 3 years and only was kept on to save the face of the previous board who inflicted him on us.

I think managers in general are treated too disposably. Unlike when Levein was in charge, I've never seriously thought we were looking at relegation.

I'm sure a few managers would have done better, but I seriously think no-one would have gotten us into the playoffs or even had us in the mix for the playoffs. I think there are a good deal of managers who would have taken us down.

Everyone wants a miracle man who comes in and everything's suddenly magic, but that happens to about 1 club every season. Every club that's made the playoffs in the last few years have spent medium/large/huge amounts of money, and this year looks no different. Seriously, take a look at the top 8 - with our money pre-MM, what manager would have gotten us into that mix? Not one. Even Watford and Palace, the two most unexpected promotions of the last few years, spent a bit of cash and had teams of much better quality than the shower of shite we're blessed with at the moment.

I don't see the point of a big unheaval, and a fairly large cash outlay (assuming we get a manager with a job instead of plucking someone from the scrapheap) to replace a manager who in my eyes has done a decent job. Not good, not bad.

If we lose to QPR and Leeds I might change my tune a tad, but that's my view on it for now.

I think managers in general are treated too disposably. Unlike when Levein was in charge, I've never seriously thought we were looking at relegation.

I'm sure a few managers would have done better, but I seriously think no-one would have gotten us into the playoffs or even had us in the mix for the playoffs. I think there are a good deal of managers who would have taken us down.

Everyone wants a miracle man who comes in and everything's suddenly magic, but that happens to about 1 club every season. Every club that's made the playoffs in the last few years have spent medium/large/huge amounts of money, and this year looks no different. Seriously, take a look at the top 8 - with our money pre-MM, what manager would have gotten us into that mix? Not one. Even Watford and Palace, the two most unexpected promotions of the last few years, spent a bit of cash and had teams of much better quality than the shower of shite we're blessed with at the moment.

I don't see the point of a big unheaval, and a fairly large cash outlay (assuming we get a manager with a job instead of plucking someone from the scrapheap) to replace a manager who in my eyes has done a decent job. Not good, not bad.

If we lose to QPR and Leeds I might change my tune a tad, but that's my view on it for now.

It's not about playing like Arsenal or some sort of football Harlam Globetrotters, but it is about playing with some sort of style and passion. We have had none of that under this fool either as the main man or number 2.

The way we have been structred is laughable, I would expect better in the Midland Alliance than we have had from Kelly and Co. Despite his restrictions no money etc... we were unfit for the start of the season and by the time we got it together (around December) the season was gone and we were staring at a relegation fight.

His MO of unbeaten for some then lose a load on the trott looks like it remains and going in to a losing run in the final stretch of the season is not good.

It's not about playing like Arsenal or some sort of football Harlam Globetrotters, but it is about playing with some sort of style and passion. We have had none of that under this fool either as the main man or number 2.

The way we have been structred is laughable, I would expect better in the Midland Alliance than we have had from Kelly and Co. Despite his restrictions no money etc... we were unfit for the start of the season and by the time we got it together (around December) the season was gone and we were staring at a relegation fight.

His MO of unbeaten for some then lose a load on the trott looks like it remains and going in to a losing run in the final stretch of the season is not good.

Then our fundamental disagreement is how good a job he's done so far.

I do think he's a bit too reliant on runs of form, and doesn't make changes when necessary to keep them going, but at the same time I think he could hardly not learn from this topsy-turvey season.

Palace was the final nail in his coffin as far as my support for him goes. Call me fickle, I don't care. I spend decent money on away games and I'm absolutely sick to the back teeth of performances like Ipswich and Southampton last season and QPR, Wolves and Palace this season. I'm not naive enough to expect us to play well every game but to have an attack or two for the fans that have spent so much money this season, especially some of the younger ones on here, going up and down the country, isn't too much to ask.

Palace was the final nail in his coffin as far as my support for him goes. Call me fickle, I don't care. I spend decent money on away games and I'm absolutely sick to the back teeth of performances like Ipswich and Southampton last season and QPR, Wolves and Palace this season. I'm not naive enough to expect us to play well every game but to have an attack or two for the fans that have spent so much money this season, especially some of the younger ones on here, going up and down the country, isn't too much to ask.

Mine was Burnley!

But we won... :blink:

It's cost me a bomb this season on tickets for the game, tickets for Foxestravel etc and out of the 11 games I've been to away this season I've only seen us win twice; at Wolves and Ipswich. <_<

I don't like the sound of Ruud Gullit if i rember rightly wasn't this the man that dropped Alan Shearer from the Newcatsle team when fighting relegation paid 8.5 million for Duncan Ferguson and wasn't intrested in the youth team 1 bit.

Personally this might sound stupid but i wouldn't mind Mickey Adams back he has experience in this divison he knows what it takes 2 get out of it, he has never had money 2 spend but has always done well. what would he be like if he did have a few million 2 spend?

It's cost me a bomb this season on tickets for the game, tickets for Foxestravel etc and out of the 11 games I've been to away this season I've only seen us win twice; at Wolves and Ipswich. <_<

Yeah but we were embarrassingly bad that day IMO. They were nothing special back then but they should have steamrollered us.

I don't like the sound of Ruud Gullit if i rember rightly wasn't this the man that dropped Alan Shearer from the Newcatsle team when fighting relegation paid 8.5 million for Duncan Ferguson and wasn't intrested in the youth team 1 bit.

Personally this might sound stupid but i wouldn't mind Mickey Adams back he has experience in this divison he knows what it takes 2 get out of it, he has never had money 2 spend but has always done well. what would he be like if he did have a few million 2 spend?

If that's what it's come to, we might as well all go hang ourselves now. :whistle:

If I remember, Coventry's Operation Premiership gave him some cash to play with... the sale of McSheffrey allowed him to spend a couple of million too, did it not? ... but where'd it get him? It got him sacked! ;)

Oh yes... at Coventry he managed to win a third of his games (99 games, 33 wins, 26 draws) averaging 1.26 points per game. Rob Kelly has managed 1.38 in this league so far (58 games, 21 wins and 17 draws). :whistle:

If you reckon we'll progress by switching these two particular manager, someone should cart you off to the loony bin right away. lol^_^:whistle:

You were right... it did sound a bit stupid. :doh:

:angry: You've made me realisethat I've been 9 away games this season and havn't seen us win <_<

The only one worth the money I paid for the match was Fulham I think

Archived