Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scow

Potential Managers

I don't like the sound of Ruud Gullit if i rember rightly wasn't this the man that dropped Alan Shearer from the Newcatsle team when fighting relegation paid 8.5 million for Duncan Ferguson and wasn't intrested in the youth team 1 bit.

Personally this might sound stupid but i wouldn't mind Mickey Adams back he has experience in this divison he knows what it takes 2 get out of it, he has never had money 2 spend but has always done well. what would he be like if he did have a few million 2 spend?

I don't think I can take your post seriously, everyone of your posts so far have made me go :doh:lol lol

I thought Gary Mills might make it, but from lower leagues he went to Cov as assistant then Notts County as boss and has now dropped down to non-league again (incidentally, he has one of our ex-youth teamers Jon Stevenson in his squad at Tamworth).

Ali Mauchlen took the old-timers to the Masters title - more credentials than some! (I am not serious in this suggestion by the way)

I thought Gary Mills might make it, but from lower leagues he went to Cov as assistant then Notts County as boss and has now dropped down to non-league again (incidentally, he has one of our ex-youth teamers Jon Stevenson in his squad at Tamworth).

Ali Mauchlen took the old-timers to the Masters title - more credentials than some! (I am not serious in this suggestion by the way)

I've been down to the Lamb this season and seen Jon Stevenson play (and score). He's found his level.

Joe Royle I think would be the best we could get for us at this level, I heard Tigana was managing in France still but maybe someone can fill me in on that one to confirm. Royle has experience in both the top flight and this level with proven successes, we arn't going to get an MON type figure so all you dreamers can go back to bed on that one, they only come around once in a blue moon. Anyone suggesting Taggart, Walsh etc yeah, great players for this football club but managements a completely different ball game and they have no experience to go on in a managerial role so why trust them with X amount of millions? you may as well hand me the cash as i've been following City for longer than they have been playing for us. Also are people forgetting how Taylor performed when he juggled the Leicester Job with the England under 21's? I wouldn't touch Pearce with a barge pole, I want someone who is 100% commited to managing this football club.

Joe Royle I think would be the best we could get for us at this level, I heard Tigana was managing in France still but maybe someone can fill me in on that one to confirm. Royle has experience in both the top flight and this level with proven successes, we arn't going to get an MON type figure so all you dreamers can go back to bed on that one, they only come around once in a blue moon. Anyone suggesting Taggart, Walsh etc yeah, great players for this football club but managements a completely different ball game and they have no experience to go on in a managerial role so why trust them with X amount of millions? you may as well hand me the cash as i've been following City for longer than they have been playing for us. Also are people forgetting how Taylor performed when he juggled the Leicester Job with the England under 21's? I wouldn't touch Pearce with a barge pole, I want someone who is 100% commited to managing this football club.

I'm sure I read Tigana is managing in Turkey, I think I posted it on here as well, was awhile ago though.

I don't like the sound of Ruud Gullit if i rember rightly wasn't this the man that dropped Alan Shearer from the Newcatsle team when fighting relegation paid 8.5 million for Duncan Ferguson and wasn't intrested in the youth team 1 bit.

Personally this might sound stupid but i wouldn't mind Mickey Adams back he has experience in this divison he knows what it takes 2 get out of it, he has never had money 2 spend but has always done well. what would he be like if he did have a few million 2 spend?

Good call actually.

For me it Southampton FA Cup game last season, although I was told I was out of order.

My comments that day brought censure too yet, in all truth, nothing has changed since with RK.

What a load of shit... people have short memories, we were almost dead and burried when he took over if you remember. I'm sure you'll say anyone would have saved us, well you'll never know!!! What we do know is he saved us.

He is an average manager, I don't think i'd have him spend MM's money but he did an ok job. Compare where we are to where we were and we have improved, that's unquestionable. He's not good enough for where MM wants us to go so he will be out the door, but i'll still stand up for him when I think people are being overly critical as you both consistantly are.

Ranieri!!

it will defo be someone with a (GOOD) proven track record at this level - so you can count out walsh, grayson, lennon, Penney and all the other lower league managers you think are good.

I would laugh if MM managed to get in Harry Houdini.... :smile:

My opinions on the managers that have either been mentioned by fellow City fans or from the usual rumour mill. BTW all in order of preference.....

Please, please can you possibly come to Leicester City??

Kevin Keegan

Glenn Hoddle

Gianluca Vialli

Claudio Ranieri

Coin in the air. You could be good but not amongst my first choice options. Will back you if you came on board.

Jamie Redknapp

Steve Walsh

Gary Megson

Stuart Pearce (doubt he`ll be at Man City for much longer)

Nigel Adkins

Nigel Worthington

Simon Grayson

George Graham

Gary Johnson

Danny Wilson

FFS Please stay away

Neil Lennon

Brian Little

Paul Ince

Nigel Clough

My opinions on the managers that have either been mentioned by fellow City fans or from the usual rumour mill. BTW all in order of preference.....

Kevin Keegan

Glenn Hoddle :nono: :nono: :nono:

Gianluca Vialli

Claudio Ranieri

No, no, no! :nono:

We don't want Hoddle. He's crap. :thumbup:

To stop him coming here, I'd like the aid of a voodoo doll. Unfortunately, I think prayer is more likely to stop him. :rolleyes:

Coin in the air. You could be good but not amongst my first choice options. Will back you if you came on board.

Jamie Redknapp

Steve Walsh

Gary Megson

Nigel Adkins

Nigel Worthington

Simon Grayson

George Graham

Gary Johnson

Danny Wilson

Along with Hoddle, this pair belongs in the last little bit. :ph34r:

Megson? What were you thinking?! :ph34r:

FFS Please stay away

Neil Lennon

Brian Little

Paul Ince

Nigel Clough

Why not Lennon? What'd I miss? :ph34r:

Kevin Keegan

Glenn Hoddle

Gianluca Vialli

Claudio Ranieri

Jamie Redknapp

Steve Walsh

Gary Megson

Nigel Adkins

Nigel Worthington

Simon Grayson

George Graham

Gary Johnson

Danny Wilson

FFS Please stay away

Neil Lennon

Brian Little

Paul Ince

Nigel Clough

Why would we want the tinkerman the blokes been a disaster since leaving Italy.

I doubt it.

And I suspect Mandaric would do too.

I don't think there are any ex-City players out there who would be up for the job at the moment, though Grayson may be a decent choice for next manager but one...

Everyone would love to see a Walsh & Izzet combination but do you reckon they would be upto it ?

Less of the everyone, here's one who definitely wouldn't! Even if they were successful, they would inevitably fail. I would hate to see that happen.

Thinking about it even more. I think Stuart Baxter would be quality alongside a Director of Football. Baxter has been coaching and managining on the continent for many years and although he might not be that experienced in British football, he knows what it's all about.

I read an interview with him where he said he likes to concentrate on coaching and is happy to work with a Director of Football who deals with off the field issues and thinks it works well.

Mandaric likes the continental way like this and perhaps a Baxter and appropriate Director of Football team could work.

It would interest me far more than run of the mill managers like Nigel Worthington, Joe 'hoof' Royle and Nigel Clough.

Thinking about it even more. I think Stuart Baxter would be quality alongside a Director of Football. Baxter has been coaching and managining on the continent for many years and although he might not be that experienced in British football, he knows what it's all about.

I read an interview with him where he said he likes to concentrate on coaching and is happy to work with a Director of Football who deals with off the field issues and thinks it works well.

Mandaric likes the continental way like this and perhaps a Baxter and appropriate Director of Football team could work.

It would interest me far more than run of the mill managers like Nigel Worthington, Joe 'hoof' Royle and Nigel Clough.

Thra aint going to happen, never managed in England before either, differnt ball park. Thats why no one will employ Roy Hodgson (In England).

Thra aint going to happen, never managed in England before either, differnt ball park. Thats why no one will employ Roy Hodgson (In England).

Stranger things have happened. Plus, Mandaric is hardly your usual thinking businessman. He's crazy, it's right up his alley. I am going to campaign for a Baxter/Dalglish partnership.

Sexual.

We're not being disrespectful, just giving an honest appraisal of his ability to take us to where we, and Milan, believe our club should be.

If you're happy with us to hang around in mid-table of the lower leagues for the next 10 years, then RK is your man.

But some of us have a tad more ambition than that.

Archived