Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scow

Potential Managers

I thought I'd compile a list of potential managers. I personally don't think Rob Kelly is the man to take us forward, but he's done a solid job with limited resources.

Joe Royle - Good track record with Oldham and Man City. Did a decent job at Ipswich, finished 3rd in the Championship in 2005. He was then forced to sell their best players the following season when losing in the play-offs.

Nigel Worthington - Led Norwich to the Premiership as champions in 2004. Unlucky to be relegated the following season after showing some great form towards the end. They did stagnate in the Championship though.

Dave Penney - Fantastic job at Doncaster. Two successive promotions (From the Conference to League 1). Now at Darlington where he's had a good start.

George Graham - A name that always seems to pop up when jobs are available. Not sure he would be interested after being out the game for a while. His cautious approach could kill off Thracian.

Jean Tigana - Got Fulham promoted back in 2001 playing some great football. Perhaps underperformed with Fulham in the Premiership given the money he spent.

I thought I'd compile a list of potential managers. I personally don't think Rob Kelly is the man to take us forward, but he's done a solid job with limited resources.

Joe Royle - Good track record with Oldham and Man City. Did a decent job at Ipswich, finished 3rd in the Championship in 2005. He was then forced to sell their best players the following season when losing in the play-offs.

Nigel Worthington - Led Norwich to the Premiership as champions in 2004. Unlucky to be relegated the following season after showing some great form towards the end. They did stagnate in the Championship though.

Dave Penney - Fantastic job at Doncaster. Two successive promotions (From the Conference to League 1). Now at Darlington where he's had a good start.

George Graham - A name that always seems to pop up when jobs are available. Not sure he would be interested after being out the game for a while. His cautious approach could kill off Thracian.

Jean Tigana - Got Fulham promoted back in 2001 playing some great football. Perhaps underperformed with Fulham in the Premiership given the money he spent.

Steve Tilson - Has done a good job at Southend with very limited resources (have they really got more than us) likes to play his football on the deck from what I've seen and now has a good knowledge of this league.

For me the next manager has to be of Prem class, someone like Pearce, Curbs, Pardew. I think Kelly has done well with the club's limitations but also his own personal ones BUT a Prem manager he is not and that's what we need to get out of this league. I think MM is keeping a very close eye on potential managers from the top!

For me the next manager has to be of Prem class, someone like Pearce, Curbs, Pardew. I think Kelly has done well with the club's limitations but also his own personal ones BUT a Prem manager he is not and that's what we need to get out of this league. I think MM is keeping a very close eye on potential managers from the top!

Like who? Realistically.

Joe Royle always seems like a bit of a nearly man - perhaps he's just too laid back to have the personal impact necessary to be a managerial winner - but I'm sure he could get us part way if not the full distance and he does have both contacts and experience.

Nigel Worthington - not the personality I'd like but I've seen worse nomineees.

Dave Penney - the gambler in me would be interested but does he have the contacts and skills to deal with players at championship/Premiership level?. I doubt it but he does seem to have impact skills.

George Graham - no thank you. Some people don't care how we win but I'm not one of em.

Jean Tigana - interesting idea. Plays with a bit of style and will perhaps have the important foreign contacts and language skills we're going to need if we're going to be one step ahead of our wealthiest challengers.

Like who? Realistically.

Well realistically, I think Man City won't accept many more loses with Stuart Pearce as the fans have really turned on him. He applyed for our managers vacancy before he became Man City boss. I think he could do a job here if he became available. I admit Curbs wont be going anywhere, well at least until the new season is underway if he's still underachieving! Pardew will be safe even if Charlton drop i would have thought. So I guess it would just be Pearce in the short-term and even that is a big IF??

Sticking with Russel Slade....if we get rid of Rob.

I've been doing a bit of digging on Russell Slade since you mentioned him a while back and he has an impressive CV at lower level clubs. Can't see Milan fancying a gamble on him though, sadly.

Souness and Hoddle are available :D

I'd be willing to have a punt on Vialli. Crazy idea really, given the fact he's not done owt for several years. But Mandaric doesn't play by the rules.

Steve Tilson - Has done a good job at Southend with very limited resources (have they really got more than us) likes to play his football on the deck from what I've seen and now has a good knowledge of this league.

and he might even bring freddy eastwood with him

Hey! Dennis Wise might be out of a job soon! :D

Keegan - He'd just love it here in Leicester.

i'd love to see keegan here but dint he say he was done with management when he quit man city?

I've been doing a bit of digging on Russell Slade since you mentioned him a while back and he has an impressive CV at lower level clubs. Can't see Milan fancying a gamble on him though, sadly.

Souness and Hoddle are available :D

I'd be willing to have a punt on Vialli. Crazy idea really, given the fact he's not done owt for several years. But Mandaric doesn't play by the rules.

I mentioned Vialli a few weeks ago but while you can't imagine it happening the guy always had class to me.

He seemed able to produce an exciting team and came over well in public.

Great international contacts too....

Just a daft dream really.

Back to Paul Ince! :D

what happened to Vialli anyway? he was awesome at Chelsea (as a manager) and I haven't heard about him since.

Id be happy with Keegan but I think the more realistic choice for us will be an oldie whose just done his coaching badges.

Personally I think we need to splash out and get a manager who has proved himself instead of take a gamble with a Peter Taylor type to waste Mandric's kitty.

Lowey still reserves boss at Wigan? I know this gets said about everyone, but he's meant to be a great coach. Holds some official FA position I'm lead to believe?

Les Reed was supposed to be a world class coach and look what happened there.

Vialli didn't do much at Watford, did he?

He didn't, but it was a bizarre few months down there. I'm sure I read, that he didn't get a fair crack and something went on? But, i'm not for one minute saying he's the perfect choice. But he's the sort of manager that would interest me.

The outstanding candidate. Didn't just get promoted from this division, he was a champion. :ph34r:

-------------------

Mike Newell? No thanks! Sitting pretty in... err... 22nd, is it? :sick:

Plus I just don't like him, I think he's a spanner and I hope he gets relegated. :smile:

Archived