Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scow

Potential Managers

We owe RK big time. Some of you shouldn't be so damn disrespectful. I doubt anyone here thinks he is a great manager, but he has done us well. And he deserves our respect.

He gains my respect for what he did last season, he loses my respect with what he's doing right now.

I hold him as a mini-legend for saving us from the drop. That is proving to be a mere purple patch for Robert though and i'm willing to bet he'll never go on a 16 game run like that at this level or above with us or another club again.

He should go now. No hard feelings, thanks for what you did last season. You saved us. But sentiment doesn't last forever and i'd like Leicester and him to go their seperate ways with no hard feelings. Best outcome for everyone.

Rob gets £250k in his pocket, far more than he'd have got had he been booted out with Levein (which he couldn't have argued about, had he got the boot) he's had a year's full pay as a manager already. He's got a CV that's better than it was a year ago and he'll still have a decent relationship with the Leicester folk.

We can then focus on getting a higher class manager to motor us in to the contention for promotion. Mandaric will demand that, well out of Rob's remit, that!.

Ranieri!!

it will defo be someone with a (GOOD) proven track record at this level - so you can count out walsh, grayson, lennon, Penney and all the other lower league managers you think are good.

I would laugh if MM managed to get in Harry Houdini.... :smile:

SO it won't be Ranieri then...

My opinions on the managers that have either been mentioned by fellow City fans or from the usual rumour mill. BTW all in order of preference.....

Please, please can you possibly come to Leicester City??

Kevin Keegan

Glenn Hoddle

Gianluca Vialli

Claudio Ranieri

Coin in the air. You could be good but not amongst my first choice options. Will back you if you came on board.

Jamie Redknapp

Steve Walsh

Gary Megson

Stuart Pearce (doubt he`ll be at Man City for much longer)

Nigel Adkins

Nigel Worthington

Simon Grayson

George Graham

Gary Johnson

Danny Wilson

FFS Please stay away

Neil Lennon

Brian Little

Paul Ince

Nigel Clough

Just out of curiosity why have you got such a down on Paul Ince?

Why would we want the tinkerman the blokes been a disaster since leaving Italy.

To be fair, Benitez is an even worse 'tinkerman' yet no-one is currently jumping on his back. Maybe because the squad rotation is actually a decent system or at least doesn't influence team stability negatively...? :dunno:

But like you I wouldn't want Ranieri here. Not a good enough return with what he get's at his disposal like at Chelsea or Valencia (2nd time)

Hasn't he taken over at Parma anyway, or has he been sacked after a few weeks? If he's still there then we'd not have a hope in hell's chance of getting him anyway.

So he has...

Unless he keeps them up, I'm willing to bet he won't be their manager next season.

To be fair, Benitez is an even worse 'tinkerman' yet no-one is currently jumping on his back. Maybe because the squad rotation is actually a decent system or at least doesn't influence team stability negatively...? :dunno:

But like you I wouldn't want Ranieri here. Not a good enough return with what he get's at his disposal like at Chelsea or Valencia (2nd time)

Benitez's team changes baffle everyone...

But he's won two trophies in two years - who's to argue with his randomness if it's clearly doing the trick one way or another? :dunno:

After all... the Champions League one year and the FA Cup the next... not to be sniffed at. ;)

Ranieri on the other hand changed and changed and didn't have much effect. Certainly not enough to please the Russians. :whistle:

So he has...

Unless he keeps them up, I'm willing to bet he won't be their manager next season.

You're right... he won't be their boss.

He'll be ours. ;):smile:lol

But he's won two trophies in two years - who's to argue with his randomness if it's clearly doing the trick one way or another?

bingo

Ranieri on the other hand changed and changed and didn't have much effect. Certainly not enough to please the Russians. :whistle:

It takes someone like Mourinho to please Roman. Personally I thought coming second to an unbeaten Arsenal and a CL semi-final place is quite decent achievement. Can't argue with Romans judgement though.

He gains my respect for what he did last season, he loses my respect with what he's doing right now.

I hold him as a mini-legend for saving us from the drop. That is proving to be a mere purple patch for Robert though and i'm willing to bet he'll never go on a 16 game run like that at this level or above with us or another club again.

He should go now. No hard feelings, thanks for what you did last season. You saved us. But sentiment doesn't last forever and i'd like Leicester and him to go their seperate ways with no hard feelings. Best outcome for everyone.

Rob gets £250k in his pocket, far more than he'd have got had he been booted out with Levein (which he couldn't have argued about, had he got the boot) he's had a year's full pay as a manager already. He's got a CV that's better than it was a year ago and he'll still have a decent relationship with the Leicester folk.

We can then focus on getting a higher class manager to motor us in to the contention for promotion. Mandaric will demand that, well out of Rob's remit, that!.

I tend to agree in that we should move on with a new manager. But I don't think you should have anything but the utmost respect for the man. He is a coach not a manager, we all know that. And he steped in when we needed him the most and did an amazing job. He is a legend.

We're not being disrespectful, just giving an honest appraisal of his ability to take us to where we, and Milan, believe our club should be.

If you're happy with us to hang around in mid-table of the lower leagues for the next 10 years, then RK is your man.

But some of us have a tad more ambition than that.

And a lot less time to be hanging around. :cry:

Some names that spring to mind for me are:

Gus Hiddink

Gianluca Vialli

Ruud Gullet

Jamie Redknapp

Valery Luxembourg?

or

Martin O'Neill

Personally for me I like the look of Ruud Gullet.

We could of course, all be getting ahead of ourselves here!

Some names that spring to mind for me are:

Gus Hiddink

Gianluca Vialli

Ruud Gullet

Jamie Redknapp

Valery Luxembourg?

or

Martin O'Neill

Personally for me I like the look of Ruud Gullet.

We could of course, all be getting ahead of ourselves here!

you must be having a laugh. Hiddink? Vialli? Gullit? Luxembourg? why would they be interested in coming to Leicester? this isnt football manager :rolleyes:

you must be having a laugh. Hiddink? Vialli? Gullit? Luxembourg? why would they be interested in coming to Leicester? this isnt football manager :rolleyes:

Yeah come on... be sensible.

We'll be shopping in the bargain basement for a manager.

If it's a bargain we want... and the basement we're looking in, looks like Mike Newell is the man for the job. :whistle:

I've Said It Before I Would Like To See Ian Holloway He Has The Knowledge The Personality And He Wanted

I'd be pretty happy with Holloway to be honest, with the set-up we've got and MM's knowledge and resources, Holloway could do a great deal for the club... thing is we had our chance to sign him and we didnt, the previous board went for the "cheap/safe" option and apointed RK, now i get the sense that Ian is pretty happy at Argyle to be honest... shame... "snooze you lose"... <_<

Holloway would certainly be interesting. I'm bored of managers who give interviews like they're reading out of a text book.

Someone said we should respect Kelly for what hes done for us? Fine but thats in the past.

Now we have funds to bring in actual ball players Kelly's talents are surplus to requirements.

Yeh i would go along with Holloway, I just want to see some bloody passion by our managers for once! I.e when we lose to Crystal palace and play like that, the manager should say in interview - We were rubbish today and I let the team bloody know it!!!!

Why doesn't anyone mention Glenn Hoddle - he was doing alright at Wolves until leaving because he thought their Board weren't "ambitious enough" (I don't think ambition is a thing MM is lacking !) - and it's his team that McCarthy is moving into the play offs (with just a couple of additions) ?

Why doesn't anyone mention Glenn Hoddle - he was doing alright at Wolves until leaving because he thought their Board weren't "ambitious enough" (I don't think ambition is a thing MM is lacking !) - and it's his team that McCarthy is moving into the play offs (with just a couple of additions) ?

nobody mentions hoddle because it would upset all the physically disabled and mentally retarded players we have in the squad :P and anyway eileen drewery is too busy doing miracles like healing the sick and that and she needs him as her assistant :P

What planet are people on?

Pearce, Gullit, Hoddle, Vialli, Ranieri, Jamie Redknapp etc!!!! Have any of them actually done anything in the last 5 years?

Now people want Holloway... the same Holloway who people wouldn't touch with a barge pole around the time of his exit from QPR.

I hope MM has more sense when it comes to managers... eeeeek.

Pearce, Gullit, Hoddle, Vialli, Ranieri, Jamie Redknapp etc!!!! Have any of them actually done anything in the last 5 years?

Now people want Holloway... the same Holloway who people wouldn't touch with a barge pole around the time of his exit from QPR.

It's funny though! :P

Holloway was perceived as a defensive manager. I'm not sure that was always the case but he certainly doesn't look like a defensive manager nowadays.

People can change - I've long wished Kelly would change, forget being so sodding sensible, and have a real go for games.

But Kelly doesn't seem to change. He always seems to hold something back, always errs on the side of caution.

If Holloway's adjusted his thinking after getting the sack where's the problem? Seems like a sensible reaction to me and I imagine he's enjoying life again.

Archived