Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scow

Potential Managers

Holloway was perceived as a defensive manager. I'm not sure that was always the case but he certainly doesn't look like a defensive manager nowadays.

People can change - I've long wished Kelly would change, forget being so sodding sensible, and have a real go for games.

But Kelly doesn't seem to change. He always seems to hold something back, always errs on the side of caution.

If Holloway's adjusted his thinking after getting the sack where's the problem? Seems like a sensible reaction to me and I imagine he's enjoying life again.

How many times, it's not about him (Holloway) changing it's about what you have at you disposel. Not all teams suit flowing attacking football Thracian it's not the answear to everything.

How many times, it's not about him (Holloway) changing it's about what you have at you disposel. Not all teams suit flowing attacking football Thracian it's not the answear to everything.

Broadly I agree with you. I'm not going to argue about what Holloway did or didn't have at QPR but Kelly could certainly be more adventurous at Leicester and last night was another example.

He had the players at his disposal to win that game but still played with a two or three man handicap - which is par for the course.

Broadly I agree with you. I'm not going to argue about what Holloway did or didn't have at QPR but Kelly could certainly be more adventurous at Leicester and last night was another example.

He had the players at his disposal to win that game but still played with a two or three man handicap - which is par for the course.

He was scared of losing wasn't he? Can't say a blame him with David Healy Richard Cresswell and Robbie Blake up front for the opposition. Had he of lost last night he would of been taken to the cleaners by the fans, it all depends on your point of view I suppose, the team he had out was getting forwards and looked steady at the back. He could of pushed it for more but was it worth the risk?

He was scared of losing wasn't he? Can't say a blame him with David Healy Richard Cresswell and Robbie Blake up front for the opposition. Had he of lost last night he would of been taken to the cleaners by the fans, it all depends on your point of view I suppose, the team he had out was getting forwards and looked steady at the back. He could of pushed it for more but was it worth the risk?

He who dares, wins. :ph34r:

Holloway was perceived as a defensive manager. I'm not sure that was always the case but he certainly doesn't look like a defensive manager nowadays.

People can change - I've long wished Kelly would change, forget being so sodding sensible, and have a real go for games.

But Kelly doesn't seem to change. He always seems to hold something back, always errs on the side of caution.

If Holloway's adjusted his thinking after getting the sack where's the problem? Seems like a sensible reaction to me and I imagine he's enjoying life again.

You think people now want him for his style of play? They want him because he is doing well end of. Where as last time QPR were going through a sticky patch.

People are so fickle, like they were when they said no to Dowie. They would have snapped his hands off to have him before the Charlton Mess.

Personally i'd of taken Dowie, but not Holloway.

Holloway's league record this season;

W - 11 D - 16 L - 9

Goals scored: 48

Hardly suggests he's gone gung-ho.

With Kelly's being:

W - 11 D - 12 L - 13

Goals Scored 39

It's not that different! Looks like he's just managed to squeeze a few more draws out.

After the performance by QPR down here last year he's way down my list of preferences, if he's on it at all.

Mike newell

done great on a shoe string

like to see what he could do with a few quid

and ex oldboy

made luton a tidy profit in the last few years

davies 3m

howard1m

edwards1.5m

vine 2.5m

Leon Barnett 3m plus rated

Not bad 4 a team struggling down the bottom of the table

Mike newell

done great on a shoe string

like to see what he could do with a few quid

and ex oldboy

made luton a tidy profit in the last few years

davies 3m

howard1m

edwards1.5m

vine 2.5m

Leon Barnett 3m plus rated

Not bad 4 a team struggling down the bottom of the table

Yes Luton's pockets are full but they are sliding rapidly to League One. Plus, one of my pet-hate with managers, he is absolutely no inspiration on the touchline, just leans up against the dugout.

newell has got an eye for spotting players and getting the best out of them but has a lot of baggage as a manager judging by the times he's courting contoversy and facing the music for stuff he's said. Holloway is just nuts as anyone watching him being interviewed on sky last night would quickly realise.

Holloway's league record this season;

W - 11 D - 16 L - 9

Goals scored: 48

Hardly suggests he's gone gung-ho.

I'm not touting the guy for manager - just saying that people can change and, if they do, have the right to be considered in a different light- and that includes Kelly if he ever has the courage of what I actually believe are attacking inclinations underneath.

So far he's been like a man with shackles to be honest. I sold a ball and chain recently and wouldn't be surprised if Kelly bought it because he forever holds something back and just cannot allow adventure to overwhelm his inbuilt caution.

As for Holloway thanks for the stats. I hadn't bothered looking them up but had simply spoken to a Plymouth fan who felt Holloway had made them a more attactive side and seen them having such a decent go at Watford in the Cup.

If people want an attacking manager then Mike Newell probably comes in to the reckoning. But looking closer at it, he's having a shocking season now with Luton and that will put many fans off.

I think he has the ability as a manager, but the thing that puts me off about him is his attitude and personality.

I'm not fussed about the season he's having at Luton, to be fair he's lost most of their decent players and has 7,000 fans at best each week.

The guy would get us playing more attractive football, but he's not one for making extravagant moves in the transfer market and begrudges almost everything in football.

I'm unsure on him, but he does have the ability as a motivator and as a coach.

nobody mentions hoddle because it would upset all the physically disabled and mentally retarded players we have in the squad :P and anyway eileen drewery is too busy doing miracles like healing the sick and that and she needs him as her assistant :P

PMSL

That must be amongst the quotes of the week???!! :thumbup::D

Ive said that Hoddle would be a good appointment for a while now because the bloke has done well at Swindon, Chelski and in relative terms England. People will always remember him for his sacking as England boss and more recently failing with Wolves but the last average job he did doesnt make him a bad manager. I cant believe why managers like him, Kevin Keegan and Peter Reid and to a lesser extent George Graham have all of a sudden become bad managers but the new breed of young managers who have done fook all in there careers like Paul Ince are meant to be the solution to our problems. Madness.

It just shows that there is no clear successor to RK

Newell would have been as an ex-player but him turning us down twice doesnt help things lol.

We may have to go for option Z, Thracian. :D

Newell would have been as an ex-player but him turning us down twice doesnt help things lol.

We may have to go for option Z, Thracian. :D

It would make my day,no...my year if we could have Thracian and Beaglehole as the management team!! The thought of playing 10 attacking outfield players would be something!! Not to add the free beer Thracian would have to buy us!!!

Man Citys potential loss could be our gain.... :ph34r:

Just what has Pearce done to suggest he'll be a successful manager?

Just because he was a tough, honest, committed and successful footballer doesn't mean he's got the judgement, cunning, psychological and man-management skills needed to be a manager. Or the imagination.

There seems to be an over-emphasis on the value of people who are hard and committed among Leicester fans.

It is reflected in the players some of them like and, where Pearce is concerned, the managers too.

I am reminded of the first world war - when hard and soft clambered out of the trenches to bravely face the enemy's machine guns. Hard or not they were ordered to do that by often brainless morons and they were helplessly slaughtered no matter how tough they were.

Winning football does need strength and determination but it also needs brains and all sorts of different skills both from its players and its leadership.

As a bloke I'd love Pearce alongside me in any trenches. As a manager I need a lot more convincing.

It just shows that there is no clear successor to RK

Whenever is there a clear successor, especially for a club like us. We are hardly Chelsea who could have the pick of almost every manager in the world.

Nobody know's who we could attract or who Mandaric would want.

Most fans are looking at managers who are ten a penny, because they don't think we could attract anyone with any panache or quality.

Thankfully, Mandaric won't see it like that and will be going for the best he can get.

Just what has Pearce done to suggest he'll be a successful manager?

Just because he was a tough, honest, committed and successful footballer doesn't mean he's got the judgement, cunning, psychological and man-management skills needed to be a manager. Or the imagination.

There seems to be an over-emphasis on the value of people who are hard and committed among Leicester fans.

It is reflected in the players some of them like and, where Pearce is concerned, the managers too.

I am reminded of the first world war - when hard and soft clambered out of the trenches to bravely face the enemy's machine guns. Hard or not they were ordered to do that by often brainless morons and they were helplessly slaughtered no matter how tough they were.

Winning football does need strength and determination but it also needs brains and all sorts of different skills both from its players and its leadership.

As a bloke I'd love Pearce alongside me in any trenches. As a manager I need a lot more convincing.

So why on earth are you saying that you would accept Paul Ince as our next manager??????

It would make my day,no...my year if we could have Thracian and Beaglehole as the management team!! The thought of playing 10 attacking outfield players would be something!! Not to add the free beer Thracian would have to buy us!!!

With any luck I would hope the team would have the same impact as the beer and be just as special. :thumbup::D:D

Whenever is there a clear successor, especially for a club like us. We are hardly Chelsea who could have the pick of almost every manager in the world.

Nobody know's who we could attract or who Mandaric would want.

Most fans are looking at managers who are ten a penny, because they don't think we could attract anyone with any panache or quality.

Thankfully, Mandaric won't see it like that and will be going for the best he can get.

Compared to the demise of Levien, there were many perspective managers, eg Newell, Cotterill, Davies, to many either or any one of those was an obvious choice, unfortunately we got neither of those!!

Earlier this season alot of people were hopeful of Curbishley or maybe Pardew, especailly with MM's take over looming.

At this moment and time we're all lutching at straws or looking at 'shadows', it's just bloody frustrating and very sad, the future of our clubs success will be decided on who we have at the helm next season!!!

With any luck I would hope the team would have the same impact as the beer and be just as special. :thumbup::D:D

At the beginning, it would be refreshing, a couple of beers in and the confidence will be brewing but a few pints of barbar and the team like me would be slurring, falling over and talking (playing) shite!!! :D

Compared to the demise of Levien, there were many perspective managers, eg Newell, Cotterill, Davies, to many either or any one of those was an obvious choice, unfortunately we got neither of those!!

Earlier this season alot of people were hopeful of Curbishley or maybe Pardew, especailly with MM's take over looming.

At this moment and time we're all lutching at straws or looking at 'shadows', it's just bloody frustrating and very sad, the future of our clubs success will be decided on who we have at the helm next season!!!

Well it's nearing the end of the season so there are no obvious options either out of work or definite to leave their clubs at this stage of the season.

I don't really know why i'm arguing this :D because for the first time in a while I am unsure on who i'd want in charge.

lol

Archived