Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OriginalRobboFOX

Jemal Johnson

Disagree, it's a booking for a high foot IMO. He'd already won the ball.

With respect to the rest of his body his foot isn't that high, certainly no higher than many headed jumps. I still maintain it was an unfortuntely timed clash of bodies - an accident.

With respect to the rest of his body his foot isn't that high, certainly no higher than many headed jumps. I still maintain it was an unfortuntely timed clash of bodies - an accident.

Doesn't really matter where the rest of your body is if you knock someone out with your knee though does it? It may have been an accident but it was still dangerous (I think it's possible for both to be true).

Doesn't really matter where the rest of your body is if you knock someone out with your knee though does it? It may have been an accident but it was still dangerous (I think it's possible for both to be true).

We'll have to disagree then because I think it does matter, his knee was not in an unnatural position with respect to his body, In fact one might ask why JJ is so low if he's going for the ball he could be deemed to be obstructing Hendo. :whistle:

Anyway as you agree with the ref and he was nearer the incident I'll bow out gracefully and accept that to err on the side of safety is probably the correct if somewhat harsh approach, it's the way football and society in general is headed.

To be honest I haven't seen the incident on replay, can only vaguely remember it from the night and have seen the Superman leap Hendo did, but from what I can make out, Henderson hasn't meant to clatter the man, his eyes were firmly fixed on the ball.

It's unfortunate JJ got hurt and I for one hope he's OK, but I think the decision to book Hendo was wrong and that if he is going to be penalised for something he is well within his rights to do (go up and try to win the ball - not win the ball and intend to take the man out at the same time) then football is headed towards becoming a non-contact game.

To be honest I haven't seen the incident on replay, can only vaguely remember it from the night and have seen the Superman leap Hendo did, but from what I can make out, Henderson hasn't meant to clatter the man, his eyes were firmly fixed on the ball.

It's unfortunate JJ got hurt and I for one hope he's OK, but I think the decision to book Hendo was wrong and that if he is going to be penalised for something he is well within his rights to do (go up and try to win the ball - not win the ball and intend to take the man out at the same time) then football is headed towards becoming a non-contact game.

I presume he was booked for reckless or dangerous play.

There is no question of him meaning to hurt anyone but what he did clearly did cause a nasty injury and from the pictures on here that is not surprising.

With the directives given to referees nowadays - for better or worse - the referee had no option at all.

Henderson was reckless and his action dangerous as the consequences clearly show.

I clapped him. It was obvious he was seriously injured. Hendo flattened him, but it was never a foul, just an accident.

:blink: I can't remeber what I did when he went off, I definately didn't clap or boo thought. :unsure::blink::dunno::mellow:

Why on the highlight do they obsure the ful speed colision :angry: <_<

I presume he was booked for reckless or dangerous play.

There is no question of him meaning to hurt anyone but what he did clearly did cause a nasty injury and from the pictures on here that is not surprising.

With the directives given to referees nowadays - for better or worse - the referee had no option at all.

Henderson was reckless and his action dangerous as the consequences clearly show.

that's bollocks, if the ref was following directives he'd of blown straight away, i have no problem with him stopping play as the lad was out cold, how ever it wasn't until the physios had been on for a minuet he decided to book Hendo, basically because he out jumped someone who is about a foot smaller than him anyway.

stop play yes, but it should of been a drop ball where they just give it us back as we had possession, it wasn't a foul other wise if someone gets hit in the he by a shot and gets KO'd that'll have to start being given as a foul, the ref was just a total tosser who is out of his depth

The ref should never have blown when he should, were were attacking and had a good chance of scoring, but he brought play back and booked Hendo. It wasn't as if they were going to get an advantage so why wait? He should have waited for the attack to break down or the ball to go out of play.

The ref should never have blown when he should, were were attacking and had a good chance of scoring, but he brought play back and booked Hendo. It wasn't as if they were going to get an advantage so why wait? He should have waited for the attack to break down or the ball to go out of play.

I don't dispute that at all. But there wasn't a referee in the land who would have adjudged it anything but a foul and in today's climate almost all would have booked him too when they realise the outcome.

If people get booked for leaving a leg out or catching someone slightly from behind I am sure Henderson will have had no chance with that challenge.

Just seen the replay. It confirms what we all thought at the time - that Henderson played the ball first, and his momentum carried him into Johnson.

Johnson's injury was unfortunate, but hey, he's a mercenary working on loan for Ken Bates and the poison dwarf. He should think of it as karma at work.

Meanwhile, the referee should admit his mistake and rescind Hendo's booking.

And maybe he should spend some time relearning his Laws!

Just seen the replay. It confirms what we all thought at the time - that Henderson played the ball first, and his momentum carried him into Johnson.

Johnson's injury was unfortunate, but hey, he's a mercenary working on loan for Ken Bates and the poison dwarf. He should think of it as karma at work.

That will make no difference to the referee booking Henderson for dangerous play.

If someone won the ball and in his follow through clattered someone and broke their leg that would be considered dangerous play.

This was no different. Neither the referee nor anyone else is suggesting it was deliberate otherwise it would have been a red card.

Yellow cards can't be rescinded.

EDIT: except in the case of a mistaken identity.

That will make no difference to the referee booking Henderson for dangerous play.

If someone won the ball and in his follow through clattered someone and broke their leg that would be considered dangerous play.

This was no different. Neither the referee nor anyone else is suggesting it was deliberate otherwise it would have been a red card.

So if a keeper punches a ball and catches an opponent in the face afterwards, would that be a penalty?

I'd guess 95%+ of players (and refs) would say no.

So if a keeper punches a ball and catches an opponent in the face afterwards, would that be a penalty?

I'd guess 95%+ of players (and refs) would say no.

Depends entirely on how the referee viewed it - the same as with Henderson.

Archived