Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

Milan Mandaric

On the whole I've been very impressed by Milan. He seems willing to communicate with the fans, speaks his mind authoritatively and has an air of professionalism and businesslike effectiveness about him.

I'm confident he will remove Kelly in the summer, if not earlier. And while it is still very early days and the summer is the true test I like what I have seen so far.

Things are shit at the minute but I am (very) quietly confident we'll be playing in the Championship next season, and that's when Milan will come into his own. However shit things are right now there's a bright future.

It's certainly a big, big job turning this shambolic team and club around but on what I have seen up to now I think Milan has the energy, enthusiasm and natural drive to achieve it. I'd be surprised if many people disagree...

On the whole I've been very impressed by Milan. He seems willing to communicate with the fans, speaks his mind authoritatively and has an air of professionalism and businesslike effectiveness about him.

I'm confident he will remove Kelly in the summer, if not earlier. And while it is still very early days and the summer is the true test I like what I have seen so far.

Things are shit at the minute but I am (very) quietly confident we'll be playing in the Championship next season, and that's when Milan will come into his own. However shit things are right now there's a bright future.

It's certainly a big, big job turning this shambolic team and club around but on what I have seen up to now I think Milan has the energy, enthusiasm and natural drive to achieve it. I'd be surprised if many people disagree...

I think that he is the right man for the job for sure.

He'll do the right thing (get rid of Kelly).

He's not afraid of decisions and hes very had nosed and thats the sort of person we need around the club.

I think Milan Manderic has lots of money and is silly enough to spend it on LCFC so therefore he is the right man by default! FACT!

Also if there is a 1 horse race that horse will win if it does not fall and die before the race finishes, same principle :rolleyes::thumbup:

Milan for manager! Can't do any worse than kelly and might actually give them the kick up the bum they so severely need - we know the team can perform when they feel like it (e.g. villa, spurs, etc). Its getting desperate now int it!

I'm sure things will change but so far the onlhy things I've been impressed with ares his sense of humour and his sense of communication.

I've not been impressed with the players brought in since he's had an influence, I've not been impressed with his carping on about "experience", I've not been impressed with the continued approach of the team and I've not been impressed about Kelly still being in charge.

Solely up to this point I've seen nothing of significance change for the better.

It would be madness for MM to just come in and sack RK and start changing things without really knowing what the club and people are really all about. I think the fact that he is active is a great sign as Im sure that with every passing day he is understanding the club even more although he may be at the stage of wanting to hire a hitman to take care of the Birch now lol!

I am positive that he will have analysed the club and will be making proper decisions to move this club forward. Im sure he has picked up on things like RK`s inability to manage the club within his time here because as an outsider who didnt know too much about RK, saving us from relegation last season and doing a decent job on a shoe-string budget could easily have been his initial opinion. I`d be surprised if he doesnt think that RK is now out of his depth big time.

Anyway, first impressions when he came aboard are good. Im also pleasantly surprised he hasnt overdone the media stuff because I thought I`d see him on SSN everyday with an opinion on everything and I am delighted in the plans he has for us. Lets be honest, we are in good hands simply because its his money that he is ploughing in so he will be hungry to succeed.

It would be madness for MM to just come in and sack RK and start changing things without really knowing what the club and people are really all about. I think the fact that he is active is a great sign as Im sure that with every passing day he is understanding the club even more although he may be at the stage of wanting to hire a hitman to take care of the Birch now lol!

I am positive that he will have analysed the club and will be making proper decisions to move this club forward. Im sure he has picked up on things like RK`s inability to manage the club within his time here because as an outsider who didnt know too much about RK, saving us from relegation last season and doing a decent job on a shoe-string budget could easily have been his initial opinion. I`d be surprised if he doesnt think that RK is now out of his depth big time.

Anyway, first impressions when he came aboard are good. Im also pleasantly surprised he hasnt overdone the media stuff because I thought I`d see him on SSN everyday with an opinion on everything and I am delighted in the plans he has for us. Lets be honest, we are in good hands simply because its his money that he is ploughing in so he will be hungry to succeed.

Are you telling me he's just bought a club but hasn't the faintest idea of what's going on there.

With some people that might have happened but not Mandaric. He'll know chapter and verse as you even say yourself later on.

MM was watching matches well before his offer was received and would have done his homework with great attention to detail.

City's points situation was the rub. It might have been considered unnecessarily risky changing the manager mid-season.

But City's current performance level and everything that contributes to it is so poor now that we might be relegated with Kelly or anyone else in charge.

Even if MM cannot find an immediate replacement I can see no way Beaglehole would do worse given temporary charge.

It is time we regained our sense of direction.

It's not what I want but I don't even especially fear relegation because if that's what it takes to go back to our never fully backed or sustained young and hungry policy then fine.

It is preferable to me than rent a team - especially with the sort of players we've been renting so far.

Fear is continually preventing us building the sort of team which will bring us success again.

Until we shed that fear we're going to keep misfiring and being an embarrassment to the club's name..

Are you telling me he's just bought a club but hasn't the faintest idea of what's going on there.

With some people that might have happened but not Mandaric. He'll know chapter and verse as you even say yourself later on.

MM was watching matches well before his offer was received and would have done his homework with great attention to detail.

City's points situation was the rub. It might have been considered unnecessarily risky changing the manager mid-season.

But City's current performance level and everything that contributes to it is so poor now that we might be relegated with Kelly or anyone else in charge.

Even if MM cannot find an immediate replacement I can see no way Beaglehole would do worse given temporary charge.

It is time we regained our sense of direction.

It's not what I want but I don't even especially fear relegation because if that's what it takes to go back to our never fully backed or sustained young and hungry policy then fine.

It is preferable to me than rent a team - especially with the sort of players we've been renting so far.

Fear is continually preventing us building the sort of team which will bring us success again.

Until we shed that fear we're going to keep misfiring and being an embarrassment to the club's name..

From the outside you get an opinion and sometimes it can be clouded or distorted. Its not until you have been handed the keys and actually get in there yourself that you realise the real job in hand. Its almost as similar as seeing how a business operates from the outside and when you actually get a job in there, you realise how good certain things are and how crap other things seem to be. Well, thats my experience anyway!

Of course MM knew roughly what he was getting into but lets be realtic about things. He has bought one of a few clubs to have won a domestic trophy in the last 10 years with a support of over 23,000 that will rise easily if we are promoted with great facilities and a lovely stadium. Oh BTW, we were dead cheap! He wanted us because we were a great business punt and he isnt here because he loves the people and the club. Maybe that love will come one day!

As for mentioning Beaglehole or something Academy related on every post you write, well that it laughable! Also, I am disgusted that a fellow supporter would happily accept our club to be relegated (and the problems that would follow) just so that we could get back to being young and hungry FFS. You really are clueless at times. Thankfully Milan is reknowned for throwing big wages at better quality older players who can still play the game for quick fix improvements to get us promoted so we can do what many others have done, build from there.

The fans have only just buckled up their belts on the roller coaster. It's not even took off yet. Too early to judge what's going to happen, but be rest assured. Mandaric wants success and he'll not compromise. Kelly and all the other failures have little time to prove their worth.

The summer is when it kicks off.

He's saying all the right things, and the whole thing seems as though it can only be perceived as a positive thing for us. I await the close-season to see what he actually does for us. Then I will pass judgement on him.

He's saying all the right things, and the whole thing seems as though it can only be perceived as a positive thing for us. I await the close-season to see what he actually does for us. Then I will pass judgement on him.

He would be a madman if he did nothing thats for sure! That`ll be throwing money away for nothing. He has a plan and a dream. His dream is to move us to Serbia and rival the big clubs from Belgrade! :D

He would be a madman if he did nothing thats for sure! That`ll be throwing money away for nothing. He has a plan and a dream. His dream is to move us to Serbia and rival the big clubs from Belgrade! :D

I imagine he will do many things for us, but that surely can't be one of them! :blink::o

Still, if he can help us to beat Red Star Belgrade, then I'll be happy, as it'll be something we couldn't achieve all those years ago! ;)

I imagine he will do many things for us, but that surely can't be one of them! :blink::o

Still, if he can help us to beat Red Star Belgrade, then I'll be happy, as it'll be something we couldn't achieve all those years ago! ;)

If MK Dons acn be created, so can Belgrade Foxes lol!

Yeah those were the days when we actually played in Europe! Wooooooooo!! We were good then.

If MK Dons acn be created, so can Belgrade Foxes lol!

Yeah those were the days when we actually played in Europe! Wooooooooo!! We were good then.

Belgrade Foxes lol :laugh: !!

Ahhh the times when we were televised live on Channel 5 playing against teams in Europe. Oh how I miss that :cry:. We lost the tie something like 4-2 on aggregate didn't we after we got spanked away from home?!

From the outside you get an opinion and sometimes it can be clouded or distorted. Its not until you have been handed the keys and actually get in there yourself that you realise the real job in hand. Its almost as similar as seeing how a business operates from the outside and when you actually get a job in there, you realise how good certain things are and how crap other things seem to be. Well, thats my experience anyway!

Of course MM knew roughly what he was getting into but lets be realtic about things. He has bought one of a few clubs to have won a domestic trophy in the last 10 years with a support of over 23,000 that will rise easily if we are promoted with great facilities and a lovely stadium. Oh BTW, we were dead cheap! He wanted us because we were a great business punt and he isnt here because he loves the people and the club. Maybe that love will come one day!

As for mentioning Beaglehole or something Academy related on every post you write, well that it laughable! Also, I am disgusted that a fellow supporter would happily accept our club to be relegated (and the problems that would follow) just so that we could get back to being young and hungry FFS. You really are clueless at times. Thankfully Milan is reknowned for throwing big wages at better quality older players who can still play the game for quick fix improvements to get us promoted so we can do what many others have done, build from there.

It is not a matter of being clueless at all - but if that is really what it will take to change the Godforsaken policies which have taken us into this mess and will never get us out then I would rather the blow happened sooner rather than later.

It is just like taking a hit on a bad buy.

You might mock Beaglehole but I would far rather trust him to get us a few more points than Kelly judging by his recent efforts because I am sick to the back teeth of what I've been seeing even on days when we've won.

You might also think the Mandaric formula for relatively instant football is a sure thing but I'm not nearly so convinced considering the competition he'll be up against and the sort of "older players" we've been insulted with so far.

Everyone and his dog with be chasing "experienced" players and some of the competition will have money to burn.

I can see Leicester just being that one step behind as usual when really, the "experienced" route was yesterday's plan and the smart thinking should be to put your faith in younger, faster, more skillful and more vigorous players who will last the pace and bond as a clan.

For someone who hasn't got a clue I said we'd do badly this season, said we wouldn't score nearly enough goals, said our midfield would be the major reason for that, said that Tiatto would be forever injured and that Kelly was too cautious to change his overloaded defensive system before a ball was kicked.

Now I'm saying Mandaric's formula will be anticipated and countered.

Our first and major need is for a man at the helm who can judge footballers and who is capable of cementing them into a truly formidable and positive unit.

And preferably not a unit that is full of soulless, spirit sapping loanees but instead full of people who are young enough and motivated enough to grow with the club and who have the fitness, the skills and the drive to take us forward.

You can stick your quick fixes thanks. A team of flying pickets won't work twice. It will fall short because money alone will get cancelled out by others. We will have to build something stronger and we won't do that with coach loads of former stars with flat batteries.

It is not a matter of being clueless at all - but if that is really what it will take to change the Godforsaken policies which have taken us into this mess and will never get us out then I would rather the blow happened sooner rather than later.

It is just like taking a hit on a bad buy.

You might mock Beaglehole but I would far rather trust him to get us a few more points than Kelly judging by his recent efforts because I am sick to the back teeth of what I've been seeing even on days when we've won.

You might also think the Mandaric formula for relatively instant football is a sure thing but I'm not nearly so convinced considering the competition he'll be up against and the sort of "older players" we've been insulted with so far.

Everyone and his dog with be chasing "experienced" players and some of the competition will have money to burn.

I can see Leicester just being that one step behind as usual when really, the "experienced" route was yesterday's plan and the smart thinking should be to put your faith in younger, faster, more skillful and more vigorous players who will last the pace and bond as a clan.

For someone who hasn't got a clue I said we'd do badly this season, said we wouldn't score nearly enough goals, said our midfield would be the major reason for that, said that Tiatto would be forever injured and that Kelly was too cautious to change his overloaded defensive system before a ball was kicked.

Now I'm saying Mandaric's formula will be anticipated and countered.

Our first and major need is for a man at the helm who can judge footballers and who is capable of cementing them into a truly formidable and positive unit.

And preferably not a unit that is full of soulless, spirit sapping loanees but instead full of people who are young enough and motivated enough to grow with the club and who have the fitness, the skills and the drive to take us forward.

You can stick your quick fixes thanks. A team of flying pickets won't work twice. It will fall short because money alone will get cancelled out by others. We will have to build something stronger and we won't do that with coach loads of former stars with flat batteries.

We need to do all we can to get into the Premiership and from there we can build. You saw Sheff Utd get promoted with donkey players like Neil Shipperley as there top scorer and then they can move on and spend millions on players. Even if they get relegated they will be in a stronger position to bounce back, the same with Watford. Thats the way to succeed in modern day English football if you are a Championship club unless someone has millions to throw your way on transfer fees. You seem to be suggesting that if we get relegated and are forced to play the kids that we will actually come back stronger for it. You seem to be suggesting that if we started D1 with the academy kids that we would actually get promoted. If so, you are on drugs AS THAT WONT HAPPEN IN A MILLION YEARS.

As for Beaglehole, I didnt mock him because I dont know enough about him to make a judgement. I was mocking you for you somehow managing to turn yet another thread around to the academy and Beaglehole.

As for my quick fix, I am talking about maybe being forward thinking enough to buy players in there late 20s or early 30s who can do a real job for us and get us up within a couple of seasons. The reason why I call them quick fixes is because they may not neccasarily be part of our future in 3 years. The players that fit that bill for me are Lee Hendrie, Todorov, Danny Murphy, Jihai Sun, Trevor Sinclair, Andy Cole, Danny Mills, Olivier Bernard, Titus Bramble, Chris Riggott etc etc.

The Premiership is already full of so called squad players who dont get a look in and with the TV money coming into play next season, I predict (the obvious) that millions more will be spent on foreign players as there isnt that much to improve most prem squads from the Championship and below. That will make more of the players that I have mentioned above available for transfer.

If you are offering me the players Ive named above and a good side in the Championship or relegation into D1 and a side full of academy kids i`ll know which one I would take.

We need to do all we can to get into the Premiership and from there we can build. You saw Sheff Utd get promoted with donkey players like Neil Shipperley as there top scorer and then they can move on and spend millions on players. Even if they get relegated they will be in a stronger position to bounce back, the same with Watford. Thats the way to succeed in modern day English football if you are a Championship club unless someone has millions to throw your way on transfer fees. You seem to be suggesting that if we get relegated and are forced to play the kids that we will actually come back stronger for it. You seem to be suggesting that if we started D1 with the academy kids that we would actually get promoted. If so, you are on drugs AS THAT WONT HAPPEN IN A MILLION YEARS.

As for Beaglehole, I didnt mock him because I dont know enough about him to make a judgement. I was mocking you for you somehow managing to turn yet another thread around to the academy and Beaglehole.

As for my quick fix, I am talking about maybe being forward thinking enough to buy players in there late 20s or early 30s who can do a real job for us and get us up within a couple of seasons. The reason why I call them quick fixes is because they may not neccasarily be part of our future in 3 years. The players that fit that bill for me are Lee Hendrie, Todorov, Danny Murphy, Jihai Sun, Trevor Sinclair, Andy Cole, Danny Mills, Olivier Bernard, Titus Bramble, Chris Riggott etc etc.

The Premiership is already full of so called squad players who dont get a look in and with the TV money coming into play next season, I predict (the obvious) that millions more will be spent on foreign players as there isnt that much to improve most prem squads from the Championship and below. That will make more of the players that I have mentioned above available for transfer.

If you are offering me the players Ive named above and a good side in the Championship or relegation into D1 and a side full of academy kids i`ll know which one I would take.

Of course I am not suggesting a team full of Academy players.

But there's an warning in business. When everyone's ploughing into the next certainty, it's time to be looking at something else. And that's what I feel about teams of "flying pickets".

If Leicester show any signs of getting the type of players you mention (and I thought Cole was going to Brum) then some of those you mention are quite tasty and I'd have loved to see Hendrie or Cole at Leicester.

But it won't be easy to get them from our situation. Others will fall out of the Premiership with more money and the basis of a decent side to start with. We have to do an Instant Whip and hope it loos solid enough to convince the ditherers to choose us instead of something that might look more appetising, standard wise.

And we won't do that with Kelly.

Any agent representing a player will read the story so far on Kelly and wince. Cos its one long saga of boring games, boring tactics, boring selections.

First things first - and first MM needs to choose who is the man to lead us into this Promised Land you sound so certain of.

And then we will see whether Flying Pickets work again or whether we'd have been better off moulding a team of fit, fast and determined 18-25-year-olds who have more to play for than their inflated wage packets.

Cos from what I've seen so far it's no contest.

I am liking his attitude and especially the fact that, to me, he seems more of a football man than a business man. I think he must have made some new year resolutions (or new club :P) because at Pompey he was axing the managers and they weren't doing as bad as Kelly but he's letting Kelly stay... he should get rid of him quick ;)

Archived