Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City Fan

Sack Kelly now.......

Were any of you calling for RK sacking this time last year? Or were you celebrating his efforts in keeping us up and more importantly out of administration.

He may or may not be the Manager next season :dunno: but we owe him a lot more than this "sack him now" attitude. Getting out of a lesser league is one thing but if we had gone down last season we would have no doubt gone into administration and getting out of that is another thing altogether. :thumbup:

COME ON YOU MIGHTY FOXES

MadMick

That argument is not going to go down well with the masses. :whistle:

That argument is not going to go down well with the masses. :whistle:

It isn't so much an argument as its more like reality.

Personally I think it will be difficult for RK if he`s the manager next season as a lot of people want him out. MM knows that, and from what I have read about him he doesn't like negatives. He will make the decision at the end of RK contract and I think this is the way he will demonstrate appreciation for him saving the club. After all RK was thrown in at the deep end last year as an unproven Manager and as far as I am concerned saved the club from much worse than relegation.

On average recent managers have a track record of two years

The masses wanted rid of Twits Taylor Sacked 2001 :angry:

Bassett sent upstairs to guide Adams who fell on his sword in 2004

The masses wanted rid of CL who was sacked in 2006

The masses want RK sacked for 2007.

Doom and gloom based on poor performances and underachievement with CL and tail end of MA is off set with optimism with a new owner and RK is contracted until the end of the season. I think MM will honour that contract and keep him until the end of the year (reward for saving our great club).

When the year is up the gloves will be off and I think none of the names banded around as our next potential manager will arrive. :whistle:

I think we are in for a big surprise. :thumbup: (I hope we are anyway)

COME ON YOU MIGHTY FOXES

MadMick

Interesting Stat this one.

Since December 1968 through to December 2006 LCFC has had 16 different Managers.

The Average spell as a manager is 2.37 years

Who during this period was the manager that held the job for the longest period of time?

First correct reply - I will buy a beer when next in the UK.

COME ON YOU MIGHTY FOXES

MadMick

Rob Kelly will still be LCFC manager next season. Get over it everyone, you all deep down know this is true.

Why?!... no really why? How does that make any sense what so ever? If MM wants the club in the prem within 3 years (!) how does that square with retaining Kelly?

I dont think its impossible for the tw*t to still be in charge next season... but at the same time i dont think it likley when you look at what he's... er... achived... and what Mandaric has as his objective.

I'd agree... and I'm starting to think Newell could be a good choice for the club, I'd trust him in the transfur market and I'd trust him to manage the player's egos while giving the younger lads as crack... he's not the best manager in the world but he's a million times better than RK!

Agree with most of that, but think we really need someone with top flight experience(not necessarily in this country). This league is so difficult to get out of and Newell has a habit of putting his foot.

There are some decent unemployed managers like Keegan, Hoddle, O`Leary, Megson, Worthington, Robson, Graham, Reid etc. Im not sure I`d want any in apart from the first two on the list but the fact is it would be hugely beneficial to get a manager in place early so he can assess the squad now and know who he wants and who he doesnt by the summer. Also, I think it is so important to have someone in now to scout our potential signings for next season. If we leave it until the summer most of the pre-contract deals on Bosmans will be signed and even deals may be agreed in principle for "normal" transfers.

Get the new man in now.

Any benefit you'd have for getting one of them in now would be completely outweighed by the fact they are all fooking shite. Worthington and Robson got hard done by a bit... but then again Micky Adams did here and we don't want him back.

If we get a manager that needs time to scout he isn't worth having. Any good manager will already have a network of contacts and a list of players in mind.

I reckon he should be awarded the keys to the city for his services to ineptitude...and spare keys should go to all you ****sers that have waited until now to declare him unfit for the job.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact we are now a different Kettle of fish under Mandaric. Before he came in we couldn't afford to sack him and get another manager in... or has that fact been wiped from peoples memorys.

Kelly isn't good enough for where we want to go now we have MM, but the guy deserves more respect from people. The childish attitude on these boards towards him is pretty embarrassing. If people call him for bad tactics, bad performances then fine. At the minute though the guy gets blamed for everything under the sun.

I pray peope on here have more respect in real life than they do on here.

Any benefit you'd have for getting one of them in now would be completely outweighed by the fact they are all fooking shite. Worthington and Robson got hard done by a bit... but then again Micky Adams did here and we don't want him back.

If we get a manager that needs time to scout he isn't worth having. Any good manager will already have a network of contacts and a list of players in mind.

Im not sure what options we have on the manager front if you are suggesting that we should hire from someone already with a job. You have no chance of bringing in a Prem manager (for obvious reasons) and from the Championship, the division is full of young managers who have won fook all and you wouldnt get any of the top 6 anyway. There isnt that list of strong candidates from the lower leagues like there used to be either.

As for the manager themselves, of course they`ll have players in mind but loads has to go into finding out the availability of players and its now that we need to start arranging deals for the summer, not leaving it to late. Clubs are always suspicious of giving details of deals already pre-signed because the player leaving would get the usual hassle from his own fans and you always find out after the event that deals were brokered in Feb, March etc and they dont actually finalise the deal unto the window opens in the summer. We are missing out on these types of players.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact we are now a different Kettle of fish under Mandaric.

Look at the polls Babs - they've been swinging more than your parents at a party in the 70's. :P The majority of people on this forum have opinions that simple go with what they perceive everyone else to be thinking.

It has been pointed out constantly from the outset of the season that Kelly is a poor manager, a poor coach, and a poor tactician yet there were those that defended him on those points. Irrespective of a shift in financial clout at the club, people defended him on these points. I'll bet the sales of cleaning products went up over the last month to get rid of the egg splatter that hit so many faces.

The guy is shit, the guy should go...I paid my money for the season and that entitles me to an opinion about him. Is he due respect? In my book, unequivocally NO.

I don't understand where anyone is being childish? :dunno:

Rob Kelly Eats Babies

Im not sure what options we have on the manager front if you are suggesting that we should hire from someone already with a job. You have no chance of bringing in a Prem manager (for obvious reasons) and from the Championship, the division is full of young managers who have won fook all and you wouldnt get any of the top 6 anyway.

Like Derby didn't get a top 6 manager last year!!! If we are willing to pay for it we could attract a good manager. Of course i'm not talking premier... i'm not stupid!!!

This thread is ****s retarded.

The time to sack Kelly was in August...or September...or any damn month before a transfer deadline.

The whole thing is simply ****sing irrelevant now.

I reckon he should be awarded the keys to the city for his services to ineptitude...and spare keys should go to all you ****sers that have waited until now to declare him unfit for the job.

lollollollollol

:appl: Bravo, bravo, encore :appl:

Babylon might confirm that I laid into Kelly on day one for his tactics and team selections in the Cup against Southampton ...and he's done little to lighten that view even temporarily ever since.

But in being persuaded to give him time in view of his achievement in staving off relegation, in view of the fact that he was so inexperienced and in view of the fact that lots of posters on here declaredly don't give a shit about the type of football we play so long as we don't lose, I have still been amazed at how little Kelly seems to have learned in the considerable time he's had.

Even when it would seem he's had no choice but to adjust his thinking he's gone on in the same humdrum, unimaginative way supporting the same humdrum, unimaginative system of play with a good many of the original largely humdrum, unimaginative footballers.

All he's really done is bring in some more of the same. He did it in the summer and now he's done it again. There hasn't been one ray of light in an attacking sense.

My better nature thought it might be safer not to change manager mid-season seeing there was no-one around I fancied as an available alternative but despite some welcome points it's been like being in the Arctic during early winter. You think it can't get any darker but it does.

FOR PITY'S SAKE MM DO SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE AND END THIS LATEST WOEFUL EPISODE IN OUR HISTORY ONCE AND FOR ALL. ANY WAY YOU CAN THINK OF.

There are so many reasons its embarrassing to list them but the most compelling to me is that Leicester City is currently playing the worst football I've ever seen from them in 50 years. Even when they win or draw sometimes.

And if there are no worthwhile alternatives, or you simply like Kelly's homely face around the place for some unclear reason, just move him sideways and get someone/anyone positive to take the reins.

Cos if Kelly's team does not reflect the way he wants or sets them up to play then that is even more reason to have made sure he changed it before now.

Babylon might confirm that I laid Kelly on day one for his tactics and team selections...and he's done little to lighten that view even temporarily ever since.

But in being persuaded to give him time in view of his achievement in staving off relegation, in view of the fact that he was inexperienced and in view of the fact that lots of posters on here declaredly don't give a shit about the type of football we play so long as we don't lose, I have still been amazed at how little Kelly seems to have learned in the considerable time he's had.

Even when it would seem he's had no choice but to adjust his thinking he's gone on in the same humdrum, unimaginative way supporting the same humdrum, unimaginative system of play with largely humdrum, unimaginative footballers.

All he's really done is bring in some more of the same. He did it in the summer and now he's done it again. There hasn't been one ray of light in an attacking sense.

My better nature thought it might be safer not to change him mid-season seeing there was no-one around I fancied as an available alternative but despite some welcome points it's been like being in the Arctic during early winter. You think it can't get any darker but it does.

FOR PITY'S SAKE MM DO SOMETHING POSITIVE AND END THIS LATEST WOEFUL EPISODE IN OUR HISTORY ONCE AND FOR ALL.

There are so many reasons its embarrassing to list them but the most compelling to me is that Leicester City is currently playing the worst football I've ever seen from them in 50 years. Even when they win or draw sometimes.

Babs the Voyeur eh?

Wait til he catches wind of my extraordinary hat-trick (the third of which, in true schoolboy fashion, I got a touch on to claim the matchball despite the fact it was already going in) for All Saints Middle in a 5-2 demolition at the home of fierce local rivals Bective in 1995.

I fear, at 22, I am already over the hill in footballing terms. :(

Archived