Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Hoddle, Souness or Robson

Wait, What?!! Did you see the sh!t-stain he left at Newcastle?

Don't get me wrong, i'm no Souness fan. But I despise Bryan Robson and I think that Souness would achieve more here than Glenn Hoddle would.

He was destined to fail at Newcastle anyway, a) Because he's not good enough to manage a team like Newcastle and b) Because the fans hated him and were never going to give him much of a chance.

Glenn Roeder is hardly a masterclass in management and he's took over Souness's players and done an average job, but it's not as if much was needed in terms of art and craft to get them to mid table in the Premiership.

But we are a struggling Championship club, not a big Premeirship club with expectations of Europe and sexual football each week.

I don't know why i'm advocating Souness anyway, he's a toss pot. I don't want him here, but out of the three i'd take him if need be.

Hoddle is terrible. His tactics seem to inolve believing everyone in his side can play like him. This would not go well here.

Robson is terrible. His tactics seem to involve being as boring as possible. We've already done that.

Souness is terrible. But a less terrible terrible than the other two. At least he'd not be afraid of making tough decisions.

Course, they'd more than likely be the wrong decision, but at least it would be a decision.

Based strictly on achievement it must be Souness. By a country mile. Hoddle talks a good game but has only won a play-off final at Swindon. Bullshit over reality. Robson has made himself look second rate because he keeps taking jobs at doomed clubs.

Based strictly on achievement it must be Souness. By a country mile. Hoddle talks a good game but has only won a play-off final at Swindon. Bullshit over reality. Robson has made himself look second rate because he keeps taking jobs at doomed clubs.

If you're talking strictly about honours then Souness has won more as a manager but you can't seriously think he's a better manager by a country mile?

If you're talking strictly about honours then Souness has won more as a manager but you can't seriously think he's a better manager by a country mile?

That reference is to titles and trophies won. However, I've always been amazed at how Hoddle is so revered by so many, considering his record is so pathetic. Even Robson's is better than Hoddle's.

Fair play. I think they're all idiots to be honest.

I'd have Hoodle simply because he is media friendly and this club needs to regain its lost profile. Otherwise I'm not impressed by the others especially Souness.

none of them, hoddle did nothing at wolves, southampton and spurs. Souness fell out with everyone at the toon and also achieve nothing and bryan robson is always involved in relagation battles. I'd stick with kelly for now if thats all we have to bring to the table

I'd stick with kelly for now if thats all we have to bring to the table

No you wouldnt! The choice of Hoddle, Souness and Robson isnt a nice thought (personally I think that if MM was after them he'd have already got one of them in... ditto Newell)... but you dont want Kelly to stay, there is no earthy reason to have him stay... not one!

well the fact he has had £0 to spend in a year and a wage budget simular to crewe alexander and fans still on his back despite all this. The guy deserves some reward, after all we could be mid table in league one this season in massive ruin if he hadn't done what he did. Big name managers never make it in football anyway. who was ferguson and morinho before they started off in management?

well the fact he has had £0 to spend in a year and a wage budget simular to crewe alexander and fans still on his back despite all this. The guy deserves some reward, after all we could be mid table in league one this season in massive ruin if he hadn't done what he did. Big name managers never make it in football anyway. who was ferguson and morinho before they started off in management?

Ferguson, Morinho... Kelly...

lol :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :w00t: !!!!

We were so poor Kelly was utterly incapable of displaying any tactical understanding or keep players fit or motivate or lead, or bring in decent loan targets... yeah lets give him a couple of bob and see if he can improve on the shower of shite we've had to contend with this season, and this time next season if things are the same or worse perhaps he'll just need a little more time to "settle in"... he's going in the summer, and we'll at the very least have a manager who keeps the players fit :rolleyes::wave:

What a load of flannel. Our wage budget is still well in excess of a lot of clubs in this league. This season was the first season we haven't had the parachute payments, there are clubs in this division that have never had that luxury or if they have, they've not had it for a long while. That's why we were in the shit before Milan came along, the club was still trying to gamble on getting promotion, which is fair enough if it's channelled properly. We wasted money though through poor decisions on players and managers. Paying players contracts off who we'd actually paid a decent transfer fee for (Gerrbrand), etc.

Kelly might not of had any transfer money to actually pay a fee for players, but a lot of clubs don't at this level. You have to sell to buy and Kelly decided not to sell because he thought he had enough quality in his squad to still challenge this league. This has shown to not be the case either because the squad isn't good enough or Kelly is massively under-achieving. Probably a bit of both.

I don't buy this poor little Rob Kelly story though, not when I look at what teams with a smaller fan base, smaller wage structure, etc have done in this league. Kelly's biggest mistake was not cashing in on Stearman and/or Fryatt in the summer and using the couple of million generated to re-invent the side. Sometimes you have to cash in to move forward. Kelly's record in the transfer market is grotesque though so it's probably a blessing that he didn't do just that. But if Kelly has got the managerial skills required to be a success then that's what would be required and that's what an astute manager would do.

Hoddle was on SS yesterday as an "expert" on the England game and you must admit he knows what he is atalking about. His one "failure" may have been Wolves but that doesnt make him a shite manager. I hope we get him in as I can honestly see him attracting the right players to the club and moving the club on.

Its like asking how do you wanna die - get shot, get hanged or get stabbed.

Robson is a complete and utter boring bastard. And Souness is a tw*t at the highest order, falling out with everyone right, left and centre.

That leaves us with Glen Hoddle, not a bad manager but not too keen on him either. But Glen Hoddle it is out of the three.

Its like asking how do you wanna die - get shot, get hanged or get stabbed.

Robson is a complete and utter boring bastard. And Souness is a tw*t at the highest order, falling out with everyone right, left and centre.

That leaves us with Glen Hoddle, not a bad manager but not too keen on him either. But Glen Hoddle it is out of the three.

no fan is ever bored with a winning team.

Archived