Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Hoddle, Souness or Robson

I might get a bit of stick for starting another thread about potential managers for a job that's not even available yet, but i'm not even slightly bothered.

After reading what the Daily Mirror has to say today that Hoddle and Bryan Robson are on the shortlist to take over in the summer from our current Supreme Chief, it's got me thinking. If it was out of Hoddle, Souness (thrown him in to the ring) and Bryan Robson who would you rather have. They are the only 3 in question here, so don't throw other fookers in to the pot either.

It's a conundrum, can't say any of them fill me with excitement and joy but then they have all got experience in gaining promotion and keeping clubs in the Premiership, some have relegations to their name as well though.

All 3 are absolute penises really, they all have a reputation for falling out with players, but then we've had the nice guys in charge and they aren't much use either?

I'm torn between Hoddle and Souness. Robson is a big 'NO NO' for me, I think he's fluked his way in to the jobs he's had in the past and just because he was a hugely gifted footballer, his managerial skills don't impress me. On the other hand how he kept West Brom up was nothing short of a miracle, but it was the first season in charge and often managers have a purple patch.

Hoddle has won trophies as a manager as has Souness. I can't really choose between the two, probably Souness at a push. Just because although he's a bit of a twat, he doesn't settle for under achievement and is a motivator. Hoddle on the other hand, goes about his business more quietly but has been known to fall out with players, often because he thinks he's better at footballer than them.

Souness out of the three, closely followed by Hoddle. Robson can swivel.

stick.jpg

That's like being asked how do you want to die, hanging - Robson, shooting - Souness or poisoning - Hoddle.

I'll go for shooting it's quicker.

I hate Graeme Souness. I wouldn't have him anywhere near the place. Plus he seems to have delusions of becoming a bit of a Mandaric himself anyway. Souness falls out with every player under the sun. As soon as a club "needs a bit of discipline", in he wades to fall out with their best players left, right and centre. Has never really achieved anything spectacular in my book. Won a few things with Rangers (big wow), and a Cup each with Liverpool, Blackburn and Galatasaray I think. His time at Newcastle sealed my hatred. How on earth he got that job is beyond me. I knew after that, there was no way he was going to get another job for a long time. He made a complete shambles of them.

Bryan Robson I've never liked. Did okay at first with Middlesbrough but needed big money to do it then got found out. Didn't make the most of his chance at WBA for me, great escape notwithstanding.

Glenn Hoddle I've always hated too (spot the theme), mainly because two of my best mates are disabled but also because of the Swindon play-off final, the Faith Healer bollocks, the Tottenham connection, Diamond Lights, the mullet, the holier-than-thou (literally) approach to football and the fact his playing career was just before my time so I can't resort to that in order to praise him. He also melts into this long period of time when watching England has involved constant disappointment, I'm sure he did better than Keegan but the whole mob just seem the same to me these days. Also underachieved massively with Wolves with the squad he had, and look at what Tottenham have been able to achieve since he's left (not won anything yet but are a much better team - he wasn't their manager when they won the League Cup Final against us was he?)

None of them. They're big names but haven't got the records to back it up and to be honest I actively dislike all three of them.

I hate Graeme Souness. I wouldn't have him anywhere near the place. Plus he seems to have delusions of becoming a bit of a Mandaric himself anyway. Souness falls out with every player under the sun. As soon as a club "needs a bit of discipline", in he wades to fall out with their best players left, right and centre. Has never really achieved anything spectacular in my book. Won a few things with Rangers (big wow), and a Cup each with Liverpool, Blackburn and Galatasaray I think. His time at Newcastle sealed my hatred. How on earth he got that job is beyond me. I knew after that, there was no way he was going to get another job for a long time. He made a complete shambles of them.

Bryan Robson I've never liked. Did okay at first with Middlesbrough but needed big money to do it then got found out. Didn't make the most of his chance at WBA for me, great escape notwithstanding.

Glenn Hoddle I've always hated too (spot the theme), mainly because two of my best mates are disabled but also because of the Swindon play-off final, the Faith Healer bollocks, the Tottenham connection, Diamond Lights, the mullet, the holier-than-thou (literally) approach to football and the fact his playing career was just before my time so I can't resort to that in order to praise him. He also melts into this long period of time when watching England has involved constant disappointment, I'm sure he did better than Keegan but the whole mob just seem the same to me these days. Also underachieved massively with Wolves with the squad he had, and look at what Tottenham have been able to achieve since he's left (not won anything yet but are a much better team - he wasn't their manager when they won the League Cup Final against us was he?)

None of them. They're big names but haven't got the records to back it up and to be honest I actively dislike all three of them.

Im pretty certain that most of us have said (some have done) things that we werent so proud of in our lives. What Hoddle said wasnt the smartest thing but its typical for people to brand him the devil for the rest of his life and treat him like he just raped our sister or something. Lets move on..

I agree with what you say regarding Souness. He must have known that he would scare chairman all over England when he said he was trying to buy a club. Any chaorman offering him a job would have to be a madman or someone who has no other options. Surely thats him finished managing in the top flight now???

Choose one now Ferrit. lol

I don't like any of them, it's a conundrum, you have to choose one of them. Who do you least hate?

None thanks. If that's the choice I'll either up the pressure on my son to buy a club of our own or gracefully call it a day and simply support from an armchair. :D

There have been decent managers mentioned but these are not among the ones that sprng to mind.

We have no excuse for compromise now. Let's get someone inspiring for once and stop all the fudge and compromise. Let's get a manager who's worthy of the club and who really will take it somewhere.

In 50 years there haven't been many.

I'm just glad it looks like Kelly is out of a job soon... but as i said on the other thread, all three are avalible now, so if Milan had those candidates in mind i think he might as well already have grabbed them... so might it not be somone else?

I dont get why people are so anti-Hoddle! He did well at Swindon and Chelsea and was doing OK with England. He was a classy footballer who worked under managers like Wenger who loves to play good football and is still relatively young and wont cost us any money to bring him in. He is high profile so would attract players to the club! Surely he isnt as bad as people make out????!!!!

I'm going to have Souness - and I REALLY am not happy about that...

...but in reality we are not going to be able to buy an entire team in the summer and I reckon (out of the three choices) Souness is the only one that will put the fear of God into our bunch of indolent ****ers.

As soon as he joins though I will be starting the first Souness Out! thread. Factermundinhio.

I'm going to have Souness - and I REALLY am not happy about that...

...but in reality we are not going to be able to buy an entire team in the summer and I reckon (out of the three choices) Souness is the only one that will put the fear of God into our bunch of indolent ****ers.

As soon as he joins though I will be starting the first Souness Out! thread. Factermundinhio.

lol

Let's get them started now, get in there early Daggers.

No that was George Graham, who actually wouldn't be a bad shout.

Wow! well if its sounes then i will have to give up my seat (or standing spot) as i will not give my money to lcfc i really hate him, prob my most hted manager id rather have peter taylor over him.

Robson, he is one of them that would have to leave after 2 sasons as we would be moving forward but at a snails pace.

that leaves hoddle - i cant help but think he would improve us but only to a team finishing just outside the playoffs.

conclusion - hod AARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH i cant bring myself to typing the full name, it hurts, can we have a forigen manager over these 3?

Out of the 2 (Hoddle or Robson) it has GOT to be HODDLE - by a mile ! Robson is a real 'con man', has no pedigree / no track record as a manager and lacks serious 'man-management' skills. Hoddle basically created the Wolves (likely for the play-off's) squad - McCarthy has just continued where Hoddle left off (and has only brought in a couple of players himself). Hoddle only left Wolves becaues they had no funds for him to strengthen the team in the way he wanted - hopefully no problem with MM !

I can't really see any of them coming to Leicester in the summer.

If I had to choose it would be Hoddle purely because I dislike him the least out of the 3. Souness eats babies (allegedly) and Robson could make watching paint dry enjoyable.

I'll summarise.

Hoddle. :@

Robson. :sick:

Souness. :nono:

On balance it has to be Souness. I don't fancy a member of God's starting XI any more than I'm interested in the waxwork boozehound... Souness just, and I mean only just edges it because while he's a useless manager, I don't hate him as much as Hoddle and I think he's mildly better than Robson. lol

probably Souness at a push. Just because although he's a bit of a twat, he doesn't settle for under achievement and is a motivator.

Wait, What?!! Did you see the sh!t-stain he left at Newcastle?

Out of the 2 (Hoddle or Robson) it has GOT to be HODDLE - by a mile ! Robson is a real 'con man', has no pedigree / no track record as a manager and lacks serious 'man-management' skills. Hoddle basically created the Wolves (likely for the play-off's) squad - McCarthy has just continued where Hoddle left off (and has only brought in a couple of players himself). Hoddle only left Wolves becaues they had no funds for him to strengthen the team in the way he wanted - hopefully no problem with MM !

He wasnt that much of a disaster at Wolves as his problem was his team drawing too many of the games they played. I can picture the diamond nights singing sensation at a LCFC press conference lol.

Archived