Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tevez

Joe Mattock

He's an attacking left-back.

He doesn't have enough lasting pace or control to be a winger but he does have more skill than many defenders, lots of energy, endless determination and he's positive and direct. And he can pass.

He and Porter ought to cog really well together but there's no way Mattock would replace Porter out wide. Put Porter in a side with the movement we had second half and I think you'd soon see his capabilities.

Equally give Porter Mattock's support and he would forever have an option...and that for a full 90 minutes because Mattock will be as aggressive at the end as the beginning.

Poor. Only one attempt at a cross and that went out for a goal kick.

WoWoWo wait a minute, did you actually watch the game yesterday?

He had a fair few crosses one of which nearly got us a goal.

And also went on a run three quarters of the length of the field and beat 3 future prem players.

And also went on a run three quarters of the length of the field and beat 3 future prem players.

I'm glad you said that because I was amazed at the quality of his crosses for a full-back. And how far he could hit em.

Yes I did watch the game unfortunately. I never said he didn't go on a run. I never said he wasn't a good player. He made some great saving headers in the box and that run was wonderful. I just don't think he was comparable to Porter as a winger. He was poor in the first half, which is only to be expected, and offered almost nothing going forward. I thought it was stupid of Worthington to play him there considering his lack of experience and the situation we were in. I'd prefer he shows us what he can do next season in the Championship, not League One.

Didnt go last night,but sounds as he done ok. I would much rather have him playing than Kenton or Maybury,them two have had more than enough chances this season.Theyve been shit all season so why will they stop now?Mattock should start on Saturday,least he will try and be playing for his future and to proove to alot of people what he can do.

Hey does anyone else no if there are anymore young kids breaking through into the first team, cos at the brum game did you see that young lad get an award and apparently he is a very good player please reply with some names.

Thanks

Hey does anyone else no if there are anymore young kids breaking through into the first team, cos at the brum game did you see that young lad get an award and apparently he is a very good player please reply with some names.

Thanks

If I respond to that the delegates from the "Creaking Experience" agency will demand the thread be closed. :whistle::D

for the brummie match, he did look nervous at start, but once he got going, he had flare about him, and to be fair, his challenges was the best i've seen all season. maybe im wrong, but he made some important ones

for the brummie match, he did look nervous at start, but once he got going, he had flare about him, and to be fair, his challenges was the best i've seen all season. maybe im wrong, but he made some important ones

I thought he did very well ! really got going in second half and for a lad of his age he was brill.

he did us proud a lot of energy and committment pity some of the others have not not shown as much this season.

at least it looked like he cared.

well done joe !!

If the search engine was enabled I would gladly find some of my posts RE Joe Mattock, so shhhhhhh.

I didn't have you down as chairman of that austere group - but if the cap fits. :D

Nor would I ever seek to claim sole spotting credit for Mattock. He's been mentioned by a few, Ric Flair and Jonbluefox come to mind and also by a club insider I won't name who said four months ago that he was moving ahead of Sheehan.

If you've mentioned him - and I quite believe you - then he must be good! :D

What I would say is that in his position he looks no better than several other Academy lads do in theirs. He might prove a star in the first team but I'd not label him that in the Academy. He's just one of several really good players.

What helps him though is that bursting through as a left-back is probably easier than doing so as a forward. There aren't so many quality left-backs - as our first team demonstrates regularly.

Is might be just me, but every time I see Joe Mattock's name I think of Sinitta's 80's track "So Macho".

Purely for the structure and syntax of his name, you understand - I don't think he's "big and strong and loves to turn me on..." etc (or whatever the words were!).

It could even make a terrace chant although it's perhaps a slightly camp tune for the football crowd. What do you think?

Is might be just me, but every time I see Joe Mattock's name I think of Sinitta's 80's track "So Macho".

Purely for the structure and syntax of his name, you understand - I don't think he's "big and strong and loves to turn me on..." etc (or whatever the words were!).

It could even make a terrace chant although it's perhaps a slightly camp tune for the football crowd. What do you think?

i think you're wanting to swap so ma-cho for Joe Matt-ock?

I don't want no seven stone weakling

Or a boy who thinks he's a girl

I'm after a hunk of a guy

An experienced man of the world

There ain't no way that I'll make do

With anything less than I'm used to

If I have a man tonight

He's gotta be right, right, right

*So Macho

He's got to be

So Macho

He's got to be big and strong enough

to turn me on

He's got to have, big blue eyes

Be able to satisfy

to turn me on

I'm tired of taking the lead

I want a man who will dominate me

Someone who will love and protect me

And take care of my every need

Now I don't mean to be personal

But a guy like that's more preferable

In my humble point of view

Than any of you

*Repeat

(And on, and on, and on)

Macho man

-Ooh I'm in need of a

Macho man

-Ooh I'm in need of a man...

He's got to be...

*Repeat and fade

The bit in bold concerns me and may need changing!!!!

i think you're wanting to swap so ma-cho for Joe Matt-ock?

I don't want no seven stone weakling

Or a boy who thinks he's a girl

I'm after a hunk of a guy

An experienced man of the world

There ain't no way that I'll make do

With anything less than I'm used to

If I have a man tonight

He's gotta be right, right, right

*So Macho

He's got to be

So Macho

to turn me on

He's got to have, big blue eyes

Be able to satisfy

to turn me on

I'm tired of taking the lead

I want a man who will dominate me

Someone who will love and protect me

And take care of my every need

Now I don't mean to be personal

But a guy like that's more preferable

In my humble point of view

Than any of you

*Repeat

(And on, and on, and on)

Macho man

-Ooh I'm in need of a

Macho man

-Ooh I'm in need of a man...

He's got to be...

*Repeat and fade

The bit in bold concerns me and may need changing!!!!

All of it concerns me, son. But i'm prepared to sing it against Wolves, I think Mattock could be the hero of this season.

Joe Mat-tock,

He's gotta be Joe Mat-tock

So big and strong,

Enough to take you on!!

He's gotta have a, bright-blue shirt...

Any takers in the carrying on stake, I'm no song writer!!!

Some more youth players could be in the squad tommorow.

I believe some have travelled and, with all our periphery problems, I'd imagine at least two, perhaps all three will get some sort of involvement.

If that's the case I hope they all do City, Worthington and Beaglehole proud.

I believe some have travelled and, with all our periphery problems, I'd imagine at least two, perhaps all three will get some sort of involvement.

If that's the case I hope they all do City, Worthington and Beaglehole proud.

I'd like to see Gradel finally get his chance, even if it's only as a sub. I've not been convinced by Shaun Newton so far but if he played as well on Tuesday as most people say he did then he should stay in.

I'd like to see Gradel finally get his chance, even if it's only as a sub. I've not been convinced by Shaun Newton so far but if he played as well on Tuesday as most people say he did then he should stay in.

Gradel's travelled I understand. I cannot see reason for Newton to be dropped after Tuesday - he had a decent second half - but circumstances might fall right to give Gradel 20/30 minutes.

And if King's playing he'll have someone around him who's used to his style of play and can bring the best out of him.

Gradel's travelled I understand. I cannot see reason for Newton to be dropped after Tuesday - he had a decent second half - but circumstances might fall right to give Gradel 20/30 minutes.

And if King's playing he'll have someone around him who's used to his style of play and can bring the best out of him.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Gradel. He was on the pitch against Brum surely gaining some sort of match day understanding. All seems to fit in well.

I'd assume the best player for that role would be Weso, he can win the ball and make space for King to get forward. And I'm guessing they may have played together for the academy at some stage aswell?

The run that Mattock produced against Birmingham is the kind of thing that I've seen a lot of at Academy level this season. Went to go down the outside to begin with, a quick shuffle back on to his right foot and then acceleration. It's a great sight. I've also seen him do something similar but he then offloaded it to the left winger and carried on his run on the overlap before whipping in a good cross whilst moving at pace. He really is a talent and has good feet. Watch out for the way he passes the ball with a flick of the outside of his boot when he's given a bit of space. He's got the potential and ability to do great things.

The run that Mattock produced against Birmingham is the kind of thing that I've seen a lot of at Academy level this season. Went to go down the outside to begin with, a quick shuffle back on to his right foot and then acceleration. It's a great sight. I've also seen him do something similar but he then offloaded it to the left winger and carried on his run on the overlap before whipping in a good cross whilst moving at pace. He really is a talent and has good feet. Watch out for the way he passes the ball with a flick of the outside of his boot when he's given a bit of space. He's got the potential and ability to do great things.

He did that once in the first half against Birmingham and it went out for a throw-in.

I think he's quality though, before anyone starts on me, mentioning no names...

*cough*

New media superstar...

*cough*

:whistle:

:D

He did that once in the first half against Birmingham and it went out for a throw-in.

I think he's quality though, before anyone starts on me, mentioning no names...

*cough*

New media superstar...

*cough*

:whistle:

:D

It looks good when it comes off :thumbup:

Archived