Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tevez

Joe Mattock

I know Mattock is a very good player having played against him before. For ****s sake the lad is 16, he was making his debut for us playing infront of 20,000+ people for the first time, we were losing, fighting against relegation and he had Huckerby running at him. How many experienced defenders panic when Huckerby is running at them?? :rolleyes:

The lad will do very well for himself in the future - if that's not with us then we'd be missing out.

I was clost to the incident people are moaning about.

Logan shouted KEEPERS, then NOO AWAY! Mattock was leaving it to run through when Logan shouted but when the fat bastard bottled it, Mattock had to think quick and did the safe thing - booted it out. Good bloody lad I say.

He did very well in a huge game to blend in, he didnt look out of place and looked comfortable and not nervous at all.

This lad is the best thing in LCFC Academy bar none. King, Chambers and the rest dont have United, Liverpool and Arsenal enquiring about him.

and for the people saying he was thick, you need to have a serious look at yourselves and sod off and support Derby cos your kind arent wanted here!

I was clost to the incident people are moaning about.

Logan shouted KEEPERS, then NOO AWAY! Mattock was leaving it to run through when Logan shouted but when the fat bastard bottled it, Mattock had to think quick and did the safe thing - booted it out. Good bloody lad I say.

He did very well in a huge game to blend in, he didnt look out of place and looked comfortable and not nervous at all.

This lad is the best thing in LCFC Academy bar none. King, Chambers and the rest dont have United, Liverpool and Arsenal enquiring about him.

and for the people saying he was thick, you need to have a serious look at yourselves and sod off and support Derby cos your kind arent wanted here!

I may be wrong but I understood all sorts were interested in Chambers a year back last September. The only reason he's slipped off the radar is because of two separate knee injuries.

But you're right that Mattock's the hottest property right now. No question. Pity he doesn't play attacking midfield. :D

The thing that impressed me most about him is that he covered Stearman at right back and was pointing about telling players where they should be and what was happening around them.

hes 16 ffs! hes bound to be nervous, i would rather him take safety first and clear it! how mad would every one have gone if hed tried to take a touch and lost it and we went 3-1 down??? :frusty: when you lot have more ability than that lad i will listen to your views until then shut it! no wonder none of our youth team players develop they make 1 mistake and there the worst player in the team! what sort of fans are you!?!?! :@:@

I'm sure a few would have loved it if he'd cocked up. There is a very small but still significant undercurrent of antipathy towards Academy players instead of the pride and encouragement that is needed.

Most are getting in slightly ahead of schedule simply because we have serious shortcomings in our first team and they are better than some of the more senior alternatives. It doesn't mean they are the finished article and no-one has suggested that they are. I doubt we have any "stars" on our entire playing staff right now.

But while new players joining from elsewhere invariably get praise and settling in time, there's a few who will knock our Academy players at the slightest excuse.

Part of that is reflected in the sarcastic and entirely false claims that I have labelled any of them superstars.

In fact they are mostly better collectively than individually and it would be nice to see their fast, aggressive, pass-and-move style of play being developed at senior level so our team once again becomes a genuine force instead of a low-confidence side that has to scrimp and scrape for anything.

I'm sure a few would have loved it if he'd cocked up. There is a very small but still significant undercurrent of antipathy towards Academy players instead of the pride and encouragement that is needed.

Actually, I don't think there's anyone against someone who will produce the goods for us.

People are against you for the persistent bigging up of anyone under 12.

Completely 100% agree. I've noticed that too this season and I am sure it has not always been like this. Seeing local/academy players come through has always been one of the "joys" of supporting your own local club.

Great to see him get a chance. Thought he looked nervous, but he'll lose those nerves once he settles in to the team.

As others have said, he's not getting the likes of Man United and Chelsea sniffing about him for nothing. If he fulfills his potential then he's got a massive future ahead of him in football.

I think he'll start on Tuesday against Brum.

Actually, I don't think there's anyone against someone who will produce the goods for us.

People are against you for the persistent bigging up of anyone under 12.

Doubtless, in time, you will see the importance of not having the progress of our best young players held up by pedestrian loanees or journeymen. Perhaps you will even see it quicker than you think.

I've not bigged up anyone, simply argued that some were better than the alternatives, but Logan, Porter, Wesolwoski, Sheehan and Dodds (pre-season) all looked pretty good to me in first team X1's when they were fit and I'm sure Mattock, King and one or two more will be the same.

Doubtless, in time, you will see the importance of not having the progress of our best young players held up by pedestrian loanees or journeymen. Perhaps you will even see it quicker than you think.

I've not bigged up anyone, simply argued that some were better than the alternatives, but Logan, Porter, Wesolwoski, Sheehan and Dodds (pre-season) all looked pretty good to me in first team X1's when they were fit and I'm sure Mattock, King and one or two more will be the same.

You are kidding???!

I was well impressed. He was a little out of is depth first half, but he never gave up, never shirked a tackle and improved greatly in the 2nd half witha great run, he wasn't afraid to tell any other players what he thought either. Class Act, Future England left back.

Is his best position left back or left midfield, i thought it was left back but the OS have him down as a midfielder

The OS probably did that in response to his appearance on the wing yesterday.

He was a defender when he first appeared in the squad list after Norwich!

Archived