Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tevez

Joe Mattock

He showed a clear lack of intelligence at the end when booting it out for a throw instead of knocking it back to logan. That isn't lack of experiance, it's just plain thick, but hey, he's a footballer. Hopefully he'll learn, he's certainly talented.

But overall i think he's a very exciting prospect for the future.

In about 5 years time. What was the point in bringing him on today? Speaks volumes of the shit state we're in and the mentality of Worthington.

Not very promising at all. :angry:

He showed a clear lack of intelligence at the end when booting it out for a throw instead of knocking it back to logan. That isn't lack of experiance, it's just plain thick, but hey, he's a footballer. Hopefully he'll learn, he's certainly talented.

would that be when he had huckerby right on his shoulder? he did the safety 1st routine, if more of our defenders did maybe we wunt conceed so many sloppy goals

Normally with young players its easy to give them the benefit of the doubt on their debut, but Mattock in my opinion was poor. However he should never have come on the pitch in the first place. Its a huge home game in which we are aiming to win to stay in the league and worthington brings on a 16 year old defender its just silly.

I agree with you what was the point of kicking it for a throw when trying to win/draw (can't remember when it it was) plain thick.He need some one to guide him but no one did so can't ralley blame him. :dunno:

I thought he did ok in the time he was on- nothing fancy and looks a promising young player, certainy no worse than Johansson. He did that one thing where he whacked the ball out but you could blame Logan as muchb as him for that for a lack of communication.

But i agree with Sheephead - i didnt really see the point in bringing him on. He was getting stripped off just before Norwich scored so McAuley must have been injured.

Another plus for e is that he has a very good physique for a 17 year old, definitly better than that tit Stearmans. You need big strong players and for someone his age he fits the bill and i look forward to watching him in league 1 next season.

Who in there right mind leaves a 16 year old kid on his debut last man back every time we got a free kick / corner? I felt for him a bit cause he's not experienced enough to deal that in such a crucial game. He looks a very good prospect though, hopefully we'll get to see more of him now at left back and Johansson in his natural position if McAuley is injured.

at halftime i don't know who said it because i was in the toilet but someone was speaking to birch on the pitch and said that he was happy that mattock was on the bench and was going to get a chance in the first team and hopefully there will be more before the end of the season

Logan has to take some of the balme for that as he should've come for that.

A 16 year old who plays for England U17's, i`m sorry but he wouldn't of been picked for todays team if Worthy didnt think he had quality.

I`m glad he got picked, Worthy has some balls dropped Maybury which was great and brought on someone who IMO has great potential

Good to see him on. My dad's been telling everyone since that 'someone he [me] used to play with when he was a kid played for Leicester today!'

I only listened, and he didn't sound too bad. If Taggs thinks he should be starting and Wortho brings him straight in after a few days, he's obviously got something about him.

I thought he did ok in the time he was on- nothing fancy and looks a promising young player, certainy no worse than Johansson. He did that one thing where he whacked the ball out but you could blame Logan as muchb as him for that for a lack of communication.

But i agree with Sheephead - i didnt really see the point in bringing him on. He was getting stripped off just before Norwich scored so McAuley must have been injured.

Another plus for e is that he has a very good physique for a 17 year old, definitly better than that tit Stearmans. You need big strong players and for someone his age he fits the bill and i look forward to watching him in league 1 next season.

Agreed - Logan should've come and claimed the ball well before Mattock was left with Huckerby breathing down his neck.

He did the sensible thing hoofing it clear, there was no other option - if McAuley had done the same thing it could've been a completely different game.

I thought he looked fairly decent, not as bad as some people are making out.

Agreed - Logan should've come and claimed the ball well before Mattock was left with Huckerby breathing down his neck.

He did the sensible thing hoofing it clear, there was no other option - if McAuley had done the same thing it could've been a completely different game.

I thought he looked fairly decent, not as bad as some people are making out.

Well said.

Some green eyed teenyboppers in this thread.

He's got a bit of attitude about him which our team lacks. He wouldn't be afraid to tell someone ten years older than himself what to do. Despite being young he's another voice and has more prescence than a lot of our first teamers.

Thats great considering his age and hopefully he'll be our 1st choice LB next season.

As i mentioned earlier in the thread, he doesnt have the body of a 16 year old - he looks like an athlete. We need to get Stearman on the same diet as hes on because hes disappearing- hes such a gangly twat.

He's got a bit of attitude about him which our team lacks. He wouldn't be afraid to tell someone ten years older than himself what to do. Despite being young he's another voice and has more prescence than a lot of our first teamers.

He can certainly be one mean son-of-a-bitch when he's pissed off.

Archived