Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tevez

Joe Mattock

Would it also be fair to suggest that this is the final nail in the coffin of Sheehan's potential Leicester City career?

Good shout, because Sheehan was training with the rest of the first team on Thursday and Mattock's been preferred to him in the 16 today.

Would it also be fair to suggest that this is the final nail in the coffin of Sheehan's potential Leicester City career?

I think someone said Sheehan trained with the first team this week but I don't know for sure.

He's had these niggly injuries. I still believe Sheehan has more to offer in an attacking side right now than Mattock but I'm in the minority and there are judges I respect in the Academy camp who reckon Mattock is better.

It's a while since I've seen either having got fed up of Academy matches forever being postponed but if both were fit and playing well I'd still prefer Sheehan.

It just seems a long time since he was at his best.

There was no doubt he could have easily passed it back to Logan but hey, he made a mistake and everyone makes them. There's no doubt he's a good player either, as he's shown with his achievements at club level and on the youth international scene.

So everyone's moaning about a 16 year old lad who came on with 10 minutes left, didn't put a foot wrong (defensively) and took two good free kicks near the end!!

Honestly some people on here should be professional moaners!!! :rolleyes:

I had a decent view and he had plenty of time to take a touch and then look for Horse, or even Logan.

Indeed. He panicked, simple as.

It may be a little unfair to pick on him for losing his nerve when so many others in the side lost theirs.

But anyone hailing him as a potential saviour in the next four games is likely to be massively disappointed!

Was christened a 'big twat' by the bloke in front of me 5 minutes into his debut. Big harsh. For me he did one good thing, then one bad. He seemed nervous, but that is only to be expected, was a difficult time to put him on - as Taggs said on the radio it seemed to serve no purpose, it didn't help in the context of the game and it didn't give him a long enough amont of time to impress. If we'd been winning (ha) then it might have helped him to get used to playing in front of 20k, but as it is it could have done more harm than good to his confidence. Too early to tell anything about him as a player at the moment... we've had plenty make just one appearance then never pull on the shirt again.

Indeed. He panicked, simple as.

It may be a little unfair to pick on him for losing his nerve when so many others in the side lost theirs.

But anyone hailing him as a potential saviour in the next four games is likely to be massively disappointed!

Two things:

1) It's probably always better for a youngster not to dazzle on his first appearance so he can settle in with less weight on his shoulders.

2) He is 16 for ****s sake. He is not going to come in and play as the linchpin of a team. We can all see that we do not have a true leader at the back, which is precisely what a youth player needs when coming into the team. Kisnorbo marshalling the defence, coaching Mattock, pull the other one.

I say well done to the lad for making it this far. It is difficult to get to the stage he is at. Criticising a 16 year old, on his first start is massively unfair and unhelpful.

hes 16 ffs! hes bound to be nervous, i would rather him take safety first and clear it! how mad would every one have gone if hed tried to take a touch and lost it and we went 3-1 down??? :frusty: when you lot have more ability than that lad i will listen to your views until then shut it! no wonder none of our youth team players develop they make 1 mistake and there the worst player in the team! what sort of fans are you!?!?! :@:@

Two things:

1) It's probably always better for a youngster not to dazzle on his first appearance so he can settle in with less weight on his shoulders.

2) He is 16 for ****s sake. He is not going to come in and play as the linchpin of a team. We can all see that we do not have a true leader at the back, which is precisely what a youth player needs when coming into the team. Kisnorbo marshalling the defence, coaching Mattock, pull the other one.

I say well done to the lad for making it this far. It is difficult to get to the stage he is at. Criticising a 16 year old, on his first start is massively unfair and unhelpful.

hes 16 ffs! hes bound to be nervous, i would rather him take safety first and clear it! how mad would every one have gone if hed tried to take a touch and lost it and we went 3-1 down??? :frusty: when you lot have more ability than that lad i will listen to your views until then shut it! no wonder none of our youth team players develop they make 1 mistake and there the worst player in the team! what sort of fans are you!?!?! :@:@

Agreed it's not like McAuley hasn't been ripped for not hoofing it out is it?

Archived