Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MBK

Team for Preston and other Pre

Worthington's quality at the moment is bringing all the players into it. Here is to my eleven:

Henderson

Maybury Kisnorbo Nisse Mattock

Newton Hughes Weso Cadamertari

Fryatt Hume

Subs: Porter, McAuley, Logan, Stearman, Horsefield

Im lost when it comes to picking a side these days because you simply dont know how they are going to perform. Horsfield looked quite good yesterday and in other games look like a total loser and light-weight. Hughes looks bad most times but looked very good in spells yesterday. Which Hughes wil turn up??!

Logan

Stearman

Nisse

Kisnorbo

Mattock

Newton

Weso

Hughes :ph34r:

Cadamarteri

Hume

Fryatt

No point putting them in a different formation as nobody seems willing to do it!!!!

Under Kelly I think we’d have gone there with little or no intention of winning, now I think we can go there with an aggressive attitude and press on… I don’t know if Wortho will want to deviate from 4-4-2, but IMHO he should… I’ll suggest the 4-3-3 I put on the Logan thread…

Hendo

Stearman Kisnorbo McAuley Mattock

Newton Weso Porter

Hume

Cadamarti Fryatt

Subs:

Logan, Nissa, King, Hughes, Horse.

…while it’s a 4-3-3 formation it remain very flexible, Hume can be given plenty of freedom as can Cadamarti, both can fall back into midfield if needs be with Fryatt up front and at the same time both can flow back up field to lead the attack. Weso’s role will be critical and we can only hope that Newton can replicate his second half performance from last night while Porter can rediscover some of his form from earlier on in the season.

Again (like Brum) it’s a game we shouldn’t expect to get something out of, but I honestly believe that if we go at them aggressively, take on board what the players must have gained from the last two games that we can get something and ease the pressure going into Barnsley!

Logan

Stearman

Nisse

Kisnorbo

Mattock

Newton

Weso

Hughes :ph34r:

Cadamarteri

Hume

Fryatt

No point putting them in a different formation as nobody seems willing to do it!!!!

He is the better option isn't he? In fact I'm realising without sounding an arse that compared to Williams, he is slightly better particularly in not getting injured all the time and doing a proper job in the centre. His assist against Fulham (forgot where he played) was quality.

I like the look of Mort's suggestion, but would have Horsfield and Nisse starting.

Henderson

Stearman Kisnorbo Nisse Mattock

Newton Weso Porter

Hume

Fryatt Horsfield

Subs: Logan, Maybury, Cadamateri, Hughes

Is Tiatto still suspended ? If so then id like to see Hume given a go on the left, and see if he can have more of an influence on a match. Mattock looks a quality prospect but these arnt the games to throw kids in the team. Id even toy with the idea of playing Johnson ahead of Wesolowski. But Weso's greater engine shades it. Hopefully McAuley will be back fit so Johansson can go back to left back, and id still put Maybury at right back. I know he had a shocker at left back last night but whenever ive seen him at right back he usually does a decent job. I have more faith in him than Stearman anyway.

-------------------Henderson

Maybury----McAuley----Kisnorbo----Johansson

Newton----Hughes----Wesolowski----Hume

-------------Horsfield-----Fryatt

Subs: Cadamarteri, Logan, Stearman, Johnson, Mattock

The Horse cannot do 'it' for 20 mins... let alone 90!!! :blink:

The Horse changed the game yesterday in a way that Fryatt and Hume couldn't. Whereas they fell over a lot - he won free kick after free kick.

If he can play for three games as he did last night then he has to start - despite some woeful performances.

The Horse changed the game yesterday in a way that Fryatt and Hume couldn't. Whereas they fell over a lot - he won free kick after free kick.

If he can play for three games as he did last night then he has to start - despite some woeful performances.

That's my point he came on for 15 mins!! And did well, but I doubt he could do it for any longer!!! Not on the previous games anyway!!

True, we need to grind out results and with him on the pitch winning free kicks we got the chance to pile on the pressure and get plenty of balls into the box.

God I want to come to this game.

But I'm in Bristol on an all-nighter on the Friday for my girlfriend's birthday which means I somehow have to convince her to let me go (ouch!) on Saturday morning, get to Preston then back to London all after no sleep...

Expensive, physically and mentally draining but so so worth it. It's my last chance of seeing a game this season.

Under Kelly I think we’d have gone there with little or no intention of winning, now I think we can go there with an aggressive attitude and press on… I don’t know if Wortho will want to deviate from 4-4-2, but IMHO he should… I’ll suggest the 4-3-3 I put on the Logan thread…

Hendo

Stearman Kisnorbo McAuley Mattock

Newton Weso Porter

Hume

Cadamarti Fryatt

Subs:

Logan, Nissa, King, Hughes, Horse.

…while it’s a 4-3-3 formation it remain very flexible, Hume can be given plenty of freedom as can Cadamarti, both can fall back into midfield if needs be with Fryatt up front and at the same time both can flow back up field to lead the attack. Weso’s role will be critical and we can only hope that Newton can replicate his second half performance from last night while Porter can rediscover some of his form from earlier on in the season.

Again (like Brum) it’s a game we shouldn’t expect to get something out of, but I honestly believe that if we go at them aggressively, take on board what the players must have gained from the last two games that we can get something and ease the pressure going into Barnsley!

That's on the money for me. That's the team i'd pick. I'd also be tempted to have Gradel on the bench, it's time like this when we need to ditch the sub goalie and have the extra outfield option to choose from.

The squad is low on confidence but must have gained something from Tuesday's second-half performance and support. I think the substitutions worked because Horse and Cadamarteri are good impact players (Hughes is usually less so, although even he got stuck in). I would go with the same starting XI - not because it's the best on paper (it isn't) but just to build on the confidence. Chopping and changing could do more harm than good.

Having said that, Maybury was woeful and Jarrett not much better. If we had a left back available, I would stick him in over Maybury but I think he should know he needs to buck his ideas up.

I'd also be tempted to have Gradel on the bench, it's time like this when we need to ditch the sub goalie and have the extra outfield option to choose from.

Good call... I just think we need to get at 'em and go in aggressivley, somthing Gradel could help with, if we start the game with a solid tempo then who knows (he said before the inevitable 2-1 defeat :rolleyes: ).

He only bothered because he was playing against his former club and raised his game. I reckon it will be the old Horse come Saturday.

And Barnsley. He missed Norwich and Birmingham leaving 1

Norwich was part of his previous 2 match ban for getting 10 bookings. His 3 match ban started against Brum with Preston & Barnsley to follow. Leaving only the Wolves game so I doubt we'll see Tiatto in an LCFC shirt ever again.

He only bothered because he was playing against his former club and raised his game. I reckon it will be the old Horse come Saturday.

There's the rub - which Horse do you get, because when he's playing like he did upon joining us (like last night) he gives us something our forwards lack.

It's a 50:50 call and I'd go for picking him with the option of pulling him off in 20 minutes if he isn't up for it.

I love double entendres.

Archived