Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
newms

We need 1 win to stay up

All the pessimism on this board that Leicester are going to go down. However we will probably only need 1 win out of our last 3 games. I think that given the last 45 minutes yesterday we could beat either of the 3. We have Preston, Barnsley and Wolves (Barnsley being a particularly crunch game). Leeds have Southampton, Derby and Ipswich. They'll probably get 3 points - 4 points max. Hull have Stoke and Cardiff away and Plymouth at home, I forsee 3 points for them possibly 1 or 0. We have a superior goal difference to Leeds and are 2 points ahead of them. Luton and Southend won't catch us even on our current points total. Pick up a win and we'll stay up we might even stay up with a point

All well and good me ode, but we haven't won for 10 games and that counts for something. It means we've forgotten how to win and when the pressures on in situations like this it's very hard to re-discover that winning habit. Especially when the teams like Leeds and Barnsley have started to win matches themselves, it's as if we've somehow been dumped in to a relegation battle unexpectadly. The likes of Leeds and Barnsley have been down there all season and have had time to get to grips with what that means and luckily for them they've rolled their sleeves up and are fighting for their lives.

Sadly for us, our players are clueless as to how to get out of this mess. Hopefully Worthington might be able to bring fresh ideas in to getting that 1 win we need. But it's not going to be easy and i'm far from confident of us doing so unless some serious work is done on the training ground physically and mentally.

Luckily for us it's still in our own hands, we are 2 points clear with a better goal difference. If Leeds and Barnsley were in our position they'd not blow it, but will we? I hope the past few games have been a wake up call for us and the second half performance of last night was the turning point.

All well and good me ode, but we haven't won for 10 games and that counts for something. It means we've forgotten how to win and when the pressures on in situations like this it's very hard to re-discover that winning habit. Especially when the teams like Leeds and Barnsley have started to win matches themselves, it's as if we've somehow been dumped in to a relegation battle unexpectadly. The likes of Leeds and Barnsley have been down there all season and have had time to get to grips with what that means and luckily for them they've rolled their sleeves up and are fighting for their lives.

Sadly for us, our players are clueless as to how to get out of this mess. Hopefully Worthington might be able to bring fresh ideas in to getting that 1 win we need. But it's not going to be easy and i'm far from confident of us doing so unless some serious work is done on the training ground physically and mentally.

Luckily for us it's still in our own hands, we are 2 points clear with a better goal difference. If Leeds and Barnsley were in our position they'd not blow it, but will we? I hope the past few games have been a wake up call for us and the second half performance of last night was the turning point.

I agree our last 10 games counr for something and the players have forgot how to win a game. But needing a point to stay up -i wouldnt like to wager on that one certainly.

We need 3. And by the looks of things those three are going to have to be against Barno.

I agree our last 10 games counr for something and the players have forgot how to win a game. But needing a point to stay up -i wouldnt like to wager on that one certainly.

We need 3. And by the looks of things those three are going to have to be against Barno.

Barnsley is gonna be one hell of a game. They are scrappin for their lives too.

Altho, 1 point against Preston would effectively mean leeds and barns havin to winn 2 or win 1 and drawin another out of their last three because of our superior goal difference...

If results go our way, then it means by the time we play Barnsley both teams may only need one point to stay up and send Leeds down. Can you imagine the atmosphere at Oakwell, the stats after the game etc lol

Archived