Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

All hail Nige

I never said he was a poor player.

But he's easily sussed out, easy to knock off the ball, easily marked and he doesnt have a back up plan or a turn of pace to get him out of situations like hes been in recently.

And all this bollocks about him being a central midfielder, are you nuts ?

He barely scraps 5'4, probably about 9 stone, he would get overrun by the other central midfielders in the game.

If he wants a decent future in the game then it needs to be on the wing becuase he hasn't got the height, strength or grit to play in CM, Maybe he could be quite effective behind the strikers but i don't see many teams playing that system these days.

I don't think he does get knocked off the ball that easily tbh. I hardly ever see him get muscled off the ball, for 5'4 he's built and has a extremly low centre of gravity.

Levi's played Centre Mid most of his career.

Porter is a decent player. No one is disputing that.

My point is that the only reason we're even having this discussion is because he's been unfairly hyped up in the past on here raising expectations for him to be among the top performers week in, week out. And I think we all know who's guilty of that.

I don't think he does get knocked off the ball that easily tbh. I hardly ever see him get muscled off the ball, for 5'4 he's built and has a extremly low centre of gravity.

Levi's played Centre Mid most of his career.

Fair point but he has been up against fullbacks and they ain't the strongest players on the pitch.

I reckon he could be quite effective behind the front 2 but you will rarely see that happen so he's gunna have to ajust to playing left mid for the most of his career, all he has to do is gain a bit of pace and a bit of skill and he wouldn't be too bad, but at the minute he is missing those 2 essensial skills to be a decent winger.

And no matter what most people say, Youth Football is a completely differant ball game.

If Levi was so bad why do teams choose to close mark him and why is it that since he's been closely marked we haven't won a single game?

Furthermore it was anticipated well in advance that he'd be singled out for close marking and did anyone change his role or offer him more freedom - not from what I've seen. But the professionals know best!

It was mentioned before he played his first game that Porter doesn't really beat people - he doesn't have the pace. He simply makes a bit of space to deliver his passes but if defenders don't give him time to turn he needs support and movement around him.

On top of that he's a central midfielder playing out of position and needs to be able to wander more to force the opposition to make awkward decisions.

Anyway, going back to paragraph one why does our side continue to have only one creator and therefore find itself so easily neutralised. There is no sodding reason and yet you lot choose to blame the one guy we've got because no-one at Leicester things ahead and comes up with a plan B.

We're always playing catch up whether it is signing new players, getting people fit, dictating tactics. No wonder we're where we are.

To keep it real for a second (Wow, I sound like a gangsta pimp now!), Levi has done OK but like many have said, our opinions of his abilities would be different if he wasnt an academy product. He has had a few good games but to suggest that he isnt much kop now that the opposition have cottoned on to his amazing ability and mark him more tightly than they would any other left-winger is pants! A left winger will coem up against a RB and a RM if he isnt lazy (or a Hughes as I like to call lazy right mids). If Levi is not capable of doing well against teams that mark him tightly, he shasnt much future for the game at this level.

Levi is OK but thats all but in saying that, I cant see any better options on the left-side of midfield so our hands are tied.

Levi is OK but thats all but in saying that, I cant see any better options on the left-side of midfield so our hands are tied.

Mattock done well there the other night though over hyped he did actually beat a few players on a few occasions, i'd keep him there for the remaining 3 games.

Mattock done well there the other night though over hyped he did actually beat a few players on a few occasions, i'd keep him there for the remaining 3 games.

I`d prefer to have him as an attacking left-back (Mattock) and Levi in front of him. Although Levi isnt some wonderkid he is usually starved of a left back to help him out and give him options. Its usually Maybury cutting inside onto his right foot and booting it forward.

To keep it real for a second (Wow, I sound like a gangsta pimp now!), Levi has done OK but like many have said, our opinions of his abilities would be different if he wasnt an academy product. He has had a few good games but to suggest that he isnt much kop now that the opposition have cottoned on to his amazing ability and mark him more tightly than they would any other left-winger is pants! A left winger will coem up against a RB and a RM if he isnt lazy (or a Hughes as I like to call lazy right mids). If Levi is not capable of doing well against teams that mark him tightly, he shasnt much future for the game at this level.

You're just not taking in what I say. Of course Levi is capable of doing well against markers. But not if he's forced to stay in one position when we have the ball - as is clearly the case.

He needs the freedom to pose different problems and when he is on the left he needs people running off him. It's elementary really.

And the only sustained running off the ball or driving forward from midfield I've seen this season was against Birmingham second half. It really has been that bad.

As for the tighter marking it has been pronounced. There's no chance it's by chance. The opposition study the videos and can plainly see that we create nothing from Hughes, Wesolowski, Jarrett or anyone else who's played in those positions. So tight marking Levi is like turning off our tap. Not the greatest tap, by any means, but the only one that aids creativity at all.

The answer - and for lots of other things too - is to play another creative midfield player. But I shouldn't have to explain the sodding obvious to full-time professioals, not after so long of the status quo being so embarrassing.

Just to drift back to the job in hand, exposing Barton for the "peen arse" he most clearly is, and to end Lisa`s conspiracy theory, Levi WAS ill and not "binned" for the Birmingham game !!

Oh do f'ck off you walloper, eh?

He was ill :laugh: perhaps after he found out he was being binned :laugh:

"oh little Levi wouldn't be dropped he's too good, he is ill, honest" :wub::wub::wub:

This thread is hilarious, how anyone can defend the midget as being a player of any quality is beyond me.

At what point did he demonstrate all these world beating qualities, because I am scunnered if I can remember seeing any of them :dunno:

Cheerio to Levi Porter :wave:

The superstar and future saviour of LCFC binned, took Doug and Nige less than a week to work it out. Expect Ian Miller's input to wain very soon.

We are staying up :thumbup:

I doubt Levi has been binned, he is only young and is still developing as a player. Sure he cost us nothing so why not keep hold of him and develop his skills. He is not on the highest wage so what have we got to lose.

If Nige is binning players I am sure there is a long queue ahead of Levi based on their recent performances / wages. So I am sure Levi neednt worry just yet - no matter whatever this thread suggests.

Based on this theory - Rab your fooked!!!

Now give us a 90 minute performance - Worthy

By Bill Anderson

Leicester City's caretaker manager Nigel Worthington has pledged a "positive'' approach in tomorrow's crucial Championship clash against Preston at Deepdale.

Preston are gunning for the play-offs in distinct contrast to City's fight against the drop, but there will be no faint hearts as the visitors must go for the win.

At any other time in the season perhaps stone-walling for a point would be an option, but not now and Worthington's high-tempo style, seen in his two home games thus far without reward, will now be taken north.

He said: "It will certainly not be a different approach. We can't sit back, we've got to go for everything and think positively.

"I have seen a transformation in the players since I have been here, they are working with a smile on their faces, they are enjoying it, they are working hard and the only thing missing is the win which is the most important thing.

"The players have responded, and on Tuesday night against Birmingham in the second-half they put a marker down about what they are capable of doing.

"What we are looking for now is that same thing, but over the 90 minutes."

City have three games to save themselves, the others being at Barnsley and at home to Wolves on the final day of the season, and a win in one of them is probably the least they will need.

Getting anything at Deepdale would be a big bonus. A win is not unthinkable, and Worthington is not losing sight of what can be achieved.

Reflecting the buoyant mood, Worthington quipped: "We want as many points as possible. There are nine points left and I'd love to get 10!"

MM, only cares about survival!!

Wortho wants a new contract!!!!

Wortho has gone up in my estimation in the short time he has been at the club. Thats strange considering we have added no points lol but he seems to be someone who doesnt suffer fools and he wont sit down and do nothing when the ship is sinking. I still think that we should attract a better class of manager but if we go down and we opt for Worthy I think he may be the man to bring us back up. Then we can sack him and get Rafa in. :thumbup::D

Wortho has gone up in my estimation in the short time he has been at the club. Thats strange considering we have added no points lol but he seems to be someone who doesnt suffer fools and he wont sit down and do nothing when the ship is sinking. I still think that we should attract a better class of manager but if we go down and we opt for Worthy I think he may be the man to bring us back up. Then we can sack him and get Rafa in. :thumbup::D

he may not sit around while the ship is sinking but he only seems to be rearranging the deck chairs :whistle:

Rafa??? :dunno:

rafa_nadal_pack_rgb_qjpreviewth.jpg

he may not sit around while the ship is sinking but he only seems to be rearranging the deck chairs :whistle:

lol

I think he would accept the job if we go down because he`ll be one of the few managers with cash to spend and he can arguably buy the better playuers from that level. Anyway, lets try and get the R word out of our heads for now!

BTW, lol at the Rafa commenst lads. I meant Mourinho as he will be sacked as Klinsmann comes in during the summer. :unsure::unsure:

lol

I think he would accept the job if we go down because he`ll be one of the few managers with cash to spend and he can arguably buy the better playuers from that level. Anyway, lets try and get the R word out of our heads for now!

BTW, lol at the Rafa commenst lads. I meant Mourinho as he will be sacked as Klinsmann comes in during the summer. :unsure::unsure:

But... but... I thought his name was Jose????? :unsure::blink:

Archived