Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

All hail Nige

Cheerio to Levi Porter :wave:

The superstar and future saviour of LCFC binned, took Doug and Nige less than a week to work it out. Expect Ian Miller's input to wain very soon.

We are staying up :thumbup:

Is 'binned' ill in scottish then? :unsure:

The only reason he's been in for about the few games I've seen is because no-one else can play there. If Cads and Mattock can do it and do it well, he deserves the axe.

Hopefully if he has been dropped he'll be working hard in pre-season to get back in and will come back his old self, whichever league we're in.

Porter is a bloody good player and will be even better in a team that compliments his ability.

And even if by chance you are right about the reason for Levi's absence - which I seriously doubt for reasons of my own - it wouldn't be the first mistake Wortho's made in his short time here.

He picked Maybury at left-back for a start and Jarratt in midfield again.

We also lost the game - making two out of two so far - through failing to score enough goals.

And despite the encouragement of the second half last night - we probably should have collected four points from the six and been ready to enjoy planning for next season in the Championship.

Levi Porter isn't all that.

He had a few good games around Christmas time and that was about it.

He rarely beats his man, Always drifts in and out of games, He also lacks the Height and strength to compete properly.

And to be honest the past few games hes been absent because defenders have sussed him out and he has no back up plan or any real ability to do the unexpected.

He rarely beats his man, Always drifts in and out of games, He also lacks the Height and strength to compete properly.

And to be honest the past few games hes been absent because defenders have sussed him out and he has no back up plan or any real ability to do the unexpected.

Put your tin hat on laddie, your going to get shot at :mellow:

I've never seen a player as ordinary as Porter get SO much ridiculous praise. He's not atrocious considering his age but he's certainly no superstar. He needs to bulk up a bit and work harder. His decision making is often bordering on the ridiculous too. He'd benefit from having a manager with a clue (Wortho might be the man) and a proper reserve team.

If he wasn't an acadamy product he would have been slaughtered.

People tend to turn a blind eye to a players obvious weaknesses if he's come from the acadamy.

Spot on.

I support the lad when he pulls on the jersey... and he is young, he can hopefully improve, he's certainly getting experience. I have just seen so many ratings this season from people on here of 8 or 9 for the lad when he's been so so mediocre.

I think he has a bright future as there is ability there, but overrating the chap does no one any good.

I thought Porter was not a winger by trade which is a testament to the lad's ability and character in that he's been played away from where he would like to but still made a decent go of it. The same can't be said for Hughes, Maybury etc (which doesn't mean they are no good at all just not when being played out of position).

If Levi was so bad why do teams choose to close mark him and why is it that since he's been closely marked we haven't won a single game?

Furthermore it was anticipated well in advance that he'd be singled out for close marking and did anyone change his role or offer him more freedom - not from what I've seen. But the professionals know best!

It was mentioned before he played his first game that Porter doesn't really beat people - he doesn't have the pace. He simply makes a bit of space to deliver his passes but if defenders don't give him time to turn he needs support and movement around him.

On top of that he's a central midfielder playing out of position and needs to be able to wander more to force the opposition to make awkward decisions.

Anyway, going back to paragraph one why does our side continue to have only one creator and therefore find itself so easily neutralised. There is no sodding reason and yet you lot choose to blame the one guy we've got because no-one at Leicester things ahead and comes up with a plan B.

We're always playing catch up whether it is signing new players, getting people fit, dictating tactics. No wonder we're where we are.

Thracian. People mark him because that's what you do to opposition players when you're not in possession.

You talk about impact impact impact. He hasn't shown it recently. Just admit it and people will take you a bit more seriously.

If Porter, Dodds et al were even half as good as you say they are THEY WOULDN'T BE PLAYING FOR US!!!

Thracian. People mark him because that's what you do to opposition players when you're not in possession.

You talk about impact impact impact. He hasn't shown it recently. Just admit it and people will take you a bit more seriously.

If Porter, Dodds et al were even half as good as you say they are THEY WOULDN'T BE PLAYING FOR US!!!

I don't give a shit if you take me seriously or not - that's the way it is and if the manager insists on Porter playing in a way that restricts his movement and doesn't play people who do make runs off the ball or who themselves pose questions to the opposition defence then Porter will be stiffled and he might as well join a club where there is movement and he is not the only creative force.

Even Giggs would be suffocated if he was the only spark in United's tinderbox but he's not, there's lots of them - full-backs, midfield players and people like Rooney and Ronaldo. Yet does Giggs have to hug one wing? Does he hell. Get real TPH. Managers who don't make contingency plans when individuals are targetted are going nowhere.

Porter has no authority to go walkabouts on his own so, if he's governed by a system, it's the managers job to make sure the system's fluid. We've already shown ourselves far too rigid by being 4-4-2 obsessed. But the professionals know best - you only have to look at the results and the consequences.

It must have been 10 weeks ago I first said Porter needs to be able to swop flanks and move inside, thus swopping with Tiatto (at the time). But no. We go our same predictable way.

Coaching is partly about being one step ahead. about giving people a new problem to solve just as they're figuring a solution to the first one. But we're like a novice stud who knows only one way, one position.

We're about as flexible as an iron lamp-post.

PS: If Leicester was good enough for Banks, Shilton, Lineker, Worthington, Rowley, Glover, Weller, Dougan, Alan Smith and Heskey I'm bloody sure its good enough for Porter and Dodds. They might well be playing for us because they live here and have done since they were kids.

Porter is coming in for some unfair stick here. He's been crap for several weeks now and deserves to be dropped but let's not dress this up as him being a bad player. He's been our best midfielder this season, which isn't that hard to do but when you look at the midfielders we have and what some of them have achieved in the game, for his first season in professional football it's a decent start for him.

I'm still not entirely sure Porter will cut it at this level or higher throughout his career, I need to see how he develops over the next year or so. He does have ability though, if he didn't then he wouldn't have had Fulham on the ropes twice this season where he set up 2 goals and away at Sunderland he was sublime. There have been other games that he's been very dangerous and although there's lots and lots of work needed to be done with him, he's still got the most assists for us this season and joint top scorer from midfield.

If we stay up and Mandaric starts to flash the cash then I would expect to see better players than Porter on the wing for us next season, that's why I have my doubts whether he'll get the chance at this level for enough time to establish himself at this level.

Porter is coming in for some unfair stick here. He's been crap for several weeks now and deserves to be dropped but let's not dress this up as him being a bad player. He's been our best midfielder this season, which isn't that hard to do but when you look at the midfielders we have and what some of them have achieved in the game, for his first season in professional football it's a decent start for him.

I'm still not entirely sure Porter will cut it at this level or higher throughout his career, I need to see how he develops over the next year or so. He does have ability though, if he didn't then he wouldn't have had Fulham on the ropes twice this season where he set up 2 goals and away at Sunderland he was sublime. There have been other games that he's been very dangerous and although there's lots and lots of work needed to be done with him, he's still got the most assists for us this season and joint top scorer from midfield.

If we stay up and Mandaric starts to flash the cash then I would expect to see better players than Porter on the wing for us next season, that's why I have my doubts whether he'll get the chance at this level for enough time to establish himself at this level.

Agreed, he's not a bad player, over the course of the season he's probably been the best of a bad bunch, it just shows how poor some of our players have been!!

Porter will have to improve dramitically if he is going to hold on to his position next season!!!

I never said he was a poor player.

But he's easily sussed out, easy to knock off the ball, easily marked and he doesnt have a back up plan or a turn of pace to get him out of situations like hes been in recently.

And all this bollocks about him being a central midfielder, are you nuts ?

He barely scraps 5'4, probably about 9 stone, he would get overrun by the other central midfielders in the game.

If he wants a decent future in the game then it needs to be on the wing becuase he hasn't got the height, strength or grit to play in CM, Maybe he could be quite effective behind the strikers but i don't see many teams playing that system these days.

Archived