Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Preston North End 0-1 LEICESTER CITY

before this match i was feeling very sick about it all week just thinking about leicester playing league 1 football made me feel sick brilliant result for the boys but got to admit dont agree with the sacking of rob kelly with 4 games to go it was a disgrace if rob had stayed on to the end of the season i dont think we wouldve been only 2 points off the drop zone before today !!! Does anyone agree ???

are you mad :frusty::frusty::frusty:

before this match i was feeling very sick about it all week just thinking about leicester playing league 1 football made me feel sick brilliant result for the boys but got to admit dont agree with the sacking of rob kelly with 4 games to go it was a disgrace if rob had stayed on to the end of the season i dont think we wouldve been only 2 points off the drop zone before today !!! Does anyone agree ???

Your mad Utterly Mad!... the fitness, technical understanding and attitude i've seen under Wortho in a little over one week has been more than i ever saw in Kelly pathetic two years at the club as a coach and manager... he should have been sacked back when Milan came in... or during the international brake, he was a pathetic manager and a poor coach... glad to see the back of him!

PS: Welcome to the forum!... but stop with the RK affection! :nono:

I think you've missed someone - Worthington. In fact I'm not sure if he's been mentioned once in this whole thread, surely he deserves a lot of credit for turning this team around.

I've mentioned him roundly enough in my team ratings and elsewhere in a thread of his own.

i was in town between 3 and 6 o'clock 2day, i had no way of finding out the score, either look in tele shop windows, or the dreaded free internet, in the centre of the shopping centre, but i was going metal when i seen the final socre. i didt care who knew, we were stayin up!

What can I say... but considering it was a 1-0 result... surprisingly... simply BRILLIANT... :D :D

I am over the moon that we are safe... and over the moon at the way we played today.

That was simple, effective football...sure there was nothing fancy, but we were the dominant side in a game, and I don't think I've written that here or at other Foxes forums for a fair while.

The boys all played great today... there was some real fight there and the fact we had so many chances compared to Preston showed we gave them nothing and are finally starting to take our chances... sure we didn't convert them, but we got mighty close.. and that's a stark improvement on what we have seen for the majority of the season so far.

I must say I wasn't the biggest fan of Wortho coming into the club... I thought he'd be another RK, why replace like with like... but I am starting to realise that he has brought some real drive to the club and the players are finally responding... we have now put together 3 halves of pretty decent football... and that is encouraging considering the way the Foxes seems to go when it comes to consistency.

NEJ... what can I say but THANK YOU AND YOU ARE A KING today... might not have had the best season but you have come good when it counted... and considering you always give 100% for the Foxes, I can't fault you.

The key now is to keep the run going... so often this season we have done well over 2 games and then slumped the next 5.. if we had kept any of the runs going that we have had this season, in particular that one in early February... we could be in 10th instead of 19th.

Lets hope that with Wortho at the helm, the boys keep their feet firmly on the ground as he has said they will, don't worry about the fact they are now safe from League One and keep improving, because if that happens, the signs are good for 2007-2008... :D :D

because in alot of peoples minds we wernt going to go down and after wortho took over we sliped right down look at the norwich game absiloutly sh*t

Were you at the Norwich game? :blink: Yes we lost, the man had been in charge for a matter of days and he picked what amounted to a new team from "Kelly's" and was unlucky not to get somthing from a game where we were more assured and adept than i've seen all season, we've played some of our best football under Wortho... thats not to heap praise upon him, its more a reflection of how bad we were under Kelly, I know your not defending Kelly... but you must admit that Wortho has been 1000X better and more able than Kelly ever was or could have been.

I agree Milan acted a little later than i would have liked... personally I'd have been happy to see Kelly go when Milan came in, but with the club's form improving and with the transfer window closed i can see why he didnt move then, he should have moved in the international break when our form was going to pot and it was obvious that Kelly's limitations as a "man manager", "tactician" and most critically as a coach were once again clear for all to see... had he not acted there was no reason what so ever to expect that our performances would have improved (as they have!) or that Kelly could have commanded the respect of his players and had the wit to employ them effectivley, for that reason he had to go, its a shame he didnt go sooner, but retaining him would have simply lead to disaster!

displaced him :dunno:

Great day, fantastic support and what a difference Nige has made :worship:

Still not fully fit, but fit enough to battle through on adrelaline. Rob Kelly what a :@

I don't think you need worry about Mattock displacing Levi.

But when we've got Mattock, Porter, Wesolowski and King in the same squad then we'll be starting to play with a bit of a flourish to go with the commendable workrate we're now showing.

Especially if we add a big but pacey centre-forward and a more penetrative right winger.

I don't think you need worry about Mattock displacing Levi.

But when we've got Mattock, Porter, Wesolowski and King in the same squad then we'll be starting to play with a bit of a flourish to go with the commendable workrate we're now showing.

Especially if we add a big but pacey centre-forward and a more penetrative right winger.

Levi Porter will not be a permament fixture next season, if he is here at all.

A truly woeful footballer and he has been found out by someone with a smidgen of football knowledge.

I think with the up and coming youth we have we are in for a good bit of football. Levi is a good winger and Mattock is a good wing back who can get forward at times. I'd like to see Levi on the left (attacking) and Mattock just behind him (main priority as defending but helping get forward too at times)

To call Levi woeful is incredibly harsh. I agree with the opinion that over time, he has shown that he has not got many dimensions to his game but he is a tricky little winger and can cause problems and set up goals in this division. I wouldn't say he is the best we could do there but he is a decent squad player. It would be interesting to see him played in the middle after reading Thracian's opinions on his ability there.

If Nils doesn't stay I'm sure if Nige or whoever comes in wanted to play Levi they would play Mattock at left back. But I'm sure there will be lots of new developments over the summer. He is far from woeful in my opinion though. Not had his best from as of late I agree but definately not woeful.

I woke up yesterday thinking "we can actually go down" but after 90 mins of footy the world seems a brighter place! The lads spirit in this game needs to be applauded aqs does the fans and Wortho who helped us gain 3 points at Preston. Im still on a high and it will continue for a while now. Well Done the lads as the blues are staying up!

Levi Porter will not be a permament fixture next season, if he is here at all.

A truly woeful footballer and he has been found out by someone with a smidgen of football knowledge.

:D good old barton, a day like yesterday and he's still moaning.

Archived