Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Cadamarteri

Who hopes that he stays on?? I do.

0,,10274~3184247,00.jpg

Not been that impressed with his actually contribution, yesterday apart from fresh legs - nothing. I think we need to aim a fair bit higher if we want to be pushing into the top six never mind the auto spots, assuming we're still in this league :cool:

My head says 'no'... my heart says 'yes', and I'm afraid you have to go with your head on somthing like this.

He's shown he's still got the talent that he wasted earlier in his career, and thanks to his time here and at "Donny" he shouldnt struggle to get picked up by a decent outfit, that said lets see how he does in our remaining two games... we're still not safe, we could yet need him next season and his performances could be such that Wortho (or whoever is manager next season) sees fit to retain him, and personally I'd trust the manager on that (somthing I'd never have done under Rob F*#%ing Kelly!! :@ ), so lets see if a competant manager thinks he can play a part in our future then then I'd be happy for him to stay... afterall Boothroyd did bring a number of players into the Watford squad who were writen off by many other managers.

Not been that impressed with his actually contribution, yesterday apart from fresh legs - nothing. I think we need to aim a fair bit higher if we want to be pushing into the top six never mind the auto spots, assuming we're still in this league :cool:

He was being played out on the left-wing, surely a fair assessment of his performance would be done when he is played in position up front (like when he scored the 92nd minute equaliser against Fulham?) :dunno:

He has come on twice as sub in 2 games since returning; he was decent yesterday (name a mistake he made?) and he was superb and exciting against Brum.

Maybe he isn't going to lift Championship Player of the Year, but unless we are going to replace every face in the squad (which we aren't) I'm more than happy to see Cads retained over the summer.

He was being played out on the left-wing, surely a fair assessment of his performance would be done when he is played in position up front (like when he scored the 92nd minute equaliser against Fulham?) :dunno:

He has come on twice as sub in 2 games since returning; he was decent yesterday (name a mistake he made?) and he was superb and exciting against Brum.

Maybe he isn't going to lift Championship Player of the Year, but unless we are going to replace every face in the squad (which we aren't) I'm more than happy to see Cads retained over the summer.

Well I didn't say he made any mistakes I just said he's not made any impression on me, yesterday I thought he was no more than average.

It didn't seem to have much of an impact at Doncaster, as far as I'm concerned he appears to be another so called striker who doesn't seem to score very often having appeared in 15 games, at various levels this season and scored two goals.

I just believe he's not the player we need to get us out of this league.

He gives us for 15/20 minutes of what people like Billy McKay would give us for 90 minutes. Cadamarteri is a clever footballer but no more clever than McKay and McKay is fit as they make em and very elusive.

I've compared him to McKay because he's more likely to be at the club next season than Dodds.

There is absolutely nothing in a long record to suggest that Cadamarteri is going to have an impact as a striker - he probably had less impact than Dodds has had when he went out on loan - and, apart from his modest and less than glorious experience in the top flight I cannot see how anyone can make a case for him.

He's decent cover but I see no value in having a 29-next-birthday shadow player who will potentially delay McKay, Odhiambo and even perhaps Chambers' progress. What's the point? Where's the forward thinking in that?

He gives us for 15/20 minutes what people like Billy McKay would give us for 90 minutes. Cadamarteri is a clever footballer but no more clever than McKay and McKay is fit as they make em and very elusive.

I've compared him to McKay because he's more likely to be at the club next season than Dodds.

There is absolutely nothing in a long record to suggest that Cadamarteri is going to have an impact as a striker - he probably had less impact than Dodds has had when he went out on loan - and, apart from his modest and less than glorious experience in the top flight I cannot see how anyone can make a case for him.

He's decent cover but I see no value in having a 29-next-birthday shadow player who will potentially delay McKay, Odhiambo and even perhaps Chambers' progress. What's the point? Where's the forward thinking in that?

Like someone else has said, my heart says yes but my head says no. He really seemed to love it yesterday - looked like he really, really cared for the club and at the end he absoloutley loved it. But is he good enough? Im not so sure.

Well I didn't say he made any mistakes I just said he's not made any impression on me, yesterday I thought he was no more than average.

:D

That puts him in the running for player of the season then considering the team he's playing in! lol

:D

That puts him in the running for player of the season then considering the team he's playing in! lol

Our problem, well mine is that after 3 years of mediocrity bordering on shite and with admin and pauperism hanging over us it's difficult to raise one's expectations above that and start to think about some 'real' quality. I'm rather hoping that with MM's funds we can make a step up.

Bearing in mind that Cadarmarteri was brought in when we were at our lowest ebb financially I just can't, nay wont believe that we can't do better.

Still hasn't really had a proper chance to prove anyone right or wrong in my opinion. I'd like to see a new striker come in to play alongside Fryatt with Hume on the right wing but it'll never happen. Not bothered about who gets the chance from the bench, they're all much of a muchness i.e. not really good enough.

He was good against Brum atleast he attacks and doesnt fall over at the first chance and doesnt really seem to wanna give up.

I think he shows alot of passion for the game and after the game seemed to show that passion as a player by loving every second of the fact we are staying up.

I think he needs more of a chance to prove himself, i think he might come good for us ya know.

Good point, I agree. It is hard to give a fair account of how good (or not good) he is when he is being played wide left which is by no means his favoured position. When he has had a chance up front I think he has looked a good player. Energetic and tends to get into some good postions.

I don't see why he can't be kept here for next season.

Passion alone is not a justification especially not passion shown on saturday with the crowd whipping up the team. FFS even Horsefield looked like he'd won the FA Cup and he's singularly failed to show any emotion at all previously.

Just because people think the current team, on the whole lacks passion they should remember you need a whole lot more than that to get out of this league, besides any decent manager would/should be able to get all his players believing in the cause that is LCFC, So the missing ingredients are a quality manager and some quality footballers - we can and must do better than Cads.

He is one of those players who could leave us in the summer and then we end up kicking ourselves when he comes good. Like someone like Collymore (although Big Stan had much more ability), Cada was once shite hot but went off the boil and could possibly find form to fulfill his potential. Personally, I would rather that we looked at bringing in players like Todorov, Sharp or Eastwood and had reserve strikers like Fryatt instead of having a back-up strike force of Hammond and Cada. If you look at Brums forward-line they can bring in quality if they have injury or suspensions and thats the level that we should be aiming for.

Passion alone is not a justification especially not passion shown on saturday with the crowd whipping up the team. FFS even Horsefield looked like he'd won the FA Cup and he's singularly failed to show any emotion at all previously.

Just because people think the current team, on the whole lacks passion they should remember you need a whole lot more than that to get out of this league, besides any decent manager would/should be able to get all his players believing in the cause that is LCFC, So the missing ingredients are a quality manager and some quality footballers - we can and must do better than Cads.

I'm not sure you're right there. We have lost/drawn so many games because of lack of passion in the cause. Doncaster described him as ' a hard worker'. How useful is that if we need a reserve for Hume if he gets injured?

Also do an assesment of players who have given a return for their wages. Cada would be amongst them. Compare that to Horsefield, Hammond etc. who are mere impact players and cannot give a good return over a full game.

I would worry about motivation. If he is here to get a long contract, then worry. But something about him makes me think he is determined to succeed and prove those critics wrong.

We can easily get technically better players if we throw away money, whether they perform is another case, but in his case he would prove useful and a 1/2 year contract is probably deserved.

I'm not sure you're right there. We have lost/drawn so many games because of lack of passion in the cause. Doncaster described him as ' a hard worker'. How useful is that if we need a reserve for Hume if he gets injured?

Also do an assesment of players who have given a return for their wages. Cada would be amongst them. Compare that to Horsefield, Hammond etc. who are mere impact players and cannot give a good return over a full game.

I would worry about motivation. If he is here to get a long contract, then worry. But something about him makes me think he is determined to succeed and prove those critics wrong.

We can easily get technically better players if we throw away money, whether they perform is another case, but in his case he would prove useful and a 1/2 year contract is probably deserved.

I think you misunderstand my point or I've not explained it properly either way I can't be asked to continue to justify why I believe we can and must do better than Cads, no disrespect to him and his efforts but we just need better quality but not discounting the impact of passion and belief.

I hope he does,did anyone see his bird yesterday?Phwaaaaor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hes a good player to bring on imo.

A girl at Uni was going out with him, not sure how that panned out though :whistle:

Archived