Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Flexx

Possible scenario

We all think we're safe but if Southend beat Luton, Leeds beat Ipswich, Hull draw v Cardiff and we lose to barnsley the table will look like this going into the Wolves game.

19. Barnsley 53

20. Leicester 50

21. Leeds 48

----------------------

22. Hull 47

23 Southend 45

24. Luton 37

Then on last day of season, Derby won't have anything to play for and might decide to send us down.

If Leeds beat Derby, Hull beat Plymouth, Wolves beat us, Luton lose to Sunderland, Southampton beat Southend, West Brom beat Barnsley, the table will look like this

19. Barnsley 53

20. Leeds 51

21. Hull 50

---------------------------we have a better goal difference of 3 but Hull could easily get higher

22. Leicester 50

23. Southend 45

24. Luton 37

We all think we're safe but if Southend beat Luton, Leeds beat Ipswich, Hull draw v Cardiff and we lose to barnsley the table will look like this going into the Wolves game.

19. Barnsley 53

20. Leicester 50

21. Leeds 48

22. Hull 47

23 Southend 45

24. Luton 37

Then on last day of season, Derby won't have anything to play for and might decide to send us down.

If Leeds beat Derby, Hull beat Plymouth, Wolves beat us, Luton lose to Sunderland, Southampton beat Southend, West Brom beat Barnsley, the table will look like this

19. Barnsley 53

20. Leeds 51

21. Hull 50

---------------------------we have a better goal difference of 3 but Hull could easily get higher

22. Leicester 50

23. Southend 45

24. Luton 37

I dont think anyone dares dispute that we're "not safe yet", it would still require a good run from both Hull and Leeds and a reversion to type by us for the above scenario to happen, but yes its possible. All the more reason for Wortho caution and the need for a good attitude and good performance at Barnsley on Saturday, with any luck Plymouth and Ipswitch can help us out... but we should focus on doing it our selves and i think we will.

19. Barnsley 53

20. Leicester 50

21. Leeds 48

22. Hull 47

23 Southend 45

24. Luton 37

19. Barnsley 53

20. Leeds 51

21. Hull 50

22. Leicester 50

23. Southend 45

24. Luton 37

Derby will more than likely have something to play for.

Derby will more than likely have something to play for.

Well im not sure. Sunderland are playing Burnley at home on Friday, Birmingham have Sheff Wednesday at home on Saturday.

1. Birminham 86

2. Sunderland 85

---------------------

3. Derby 81

This table could look like this on Saturday night before Derby's game away at Palace on Sunday. And Palace isn't always an easy place to go to

How could a game in which a team has the oppurtunity to send Leeds down can you say that they have nothing to play for. I'm sure that 23 teams in the championship would love to send Leeds down. Promotion and seeing off Leeds...what a way to end your season!

How could a game in which a team has the oppurtunity to send Leeds down can you say that they have nothing to play for. I'm sure that 23 teams in the championship would love to send Leeds down. Promotion and seeing off Leeds...what a way to end your season!

Leicester or Leeds? Not sure who they would prefer

Well im not sure. Sunderland are playing Burnley at home on Friday, Birmingham have Sheff Wednesday at home on Saturday.

1. Birminham 86

2. Sunderland 85

---------------------

3. Derby 81

This table could look like this on Saturday night before Derby's game away at Palace on Sunday. And Palace isn't always an easy place to go to

Yes but look at your ifs and buts and think about how likely it is that Brum and Sunderland both win and Derby lose. Derby will more than likely have something to play for.

Sod Derby!! This is still contingent on us losing to Barnsley and both Hull beating Plymouth and Leeds beating Ipswich... lots of ifs and buts IMHO, yes it can happen, but it requires us to be both unlucky and squander the form we've generated recently...

It's simple, we need one more point. If we lose both our remaining games and go down, they in my mind we deserve it.

I in no way think we are safe yet, but on the other hand i'm not as worried as last week. Whatever happens, if we go down then it's our own fault (perhaps not the fans, but the players and manager).

Yeah... but what if the world explodes tomorrow?

What if Good old Tony decides he's not stepping down, and proclaims himself Imperator of the new British Empire?

What if TPH and Thracian agree on something?

Your scenario is of course, entirely possible. As are the three that I've just mentioned.

This hardly means that they're likely now, does it?

Though, how much of a dick am I going to look if the word does explode tomorrow?

Yeah to be honest there is a lot of ifs and buts but it can still happen so we shouldn't get complacent.

What happens if us and Hull finish on the same points and goal difference by the way?

I really do think Ipswich will get a result on Saturday against Leeds. They know what’s required, and I have full confidence they’ll finish them off.

Yeah... but what if the world explodes tomorrow?

What if Good old Tony decides he's not stepping down, and proclaims himself Imperator of the new British Empire?

What if TPH and Thracian agree on something?

Your scenario is of course, entirely possible. As are the three that I've just mentioned.

This hardly means that they're likely now, does it?

Though, how much of a dick am I going to look if the word does explode tomorrow?

Which word?

I think we'll beat Wolves anyway,

they will be safely in the play offs by next sunday and will possibly rest their better players at the risk of getting injuries,

i doubt that they will bust a gut trying to beat us when the first leg of play offs is only a few days later :cool:

Best thing we can do is win BOTh our games!!!! :banana::banana: :thumbsup:

Really? :P

I really do think we can get at least a point on Saturday. I can see it being a high scoring game to for some reason. :thumbup:

they will be safely in the play offs by next sunday and will possibly rest their better players at the risk of getting injuries,

i doubt that they will bust a gut trying to beat us when the first leg of play offs is only a few days later :cool:

So long as we don't even dream of thinking like that, you're probably right! :D

Will they? (am I the only one who looks at the league table :mellow: )

I don't think they will be safely in the play offs by the time they play us. They have QPR at Home who are doing alright at the minute and they're on 70 points with Sheff Wed on 68 points in 10th place.

So long as we don't even dream of thinking like that, you're probably right! :D

its so close at the top AND Bottom i cant see anything being sorted out until the last game.

cant see leeds NOT beating Ipswich,Also see Hull and SEnd getting points(V Cardiff,Luton) and at the top anyone down to Sheff W can still get into the playoffs!

Lets hust hope it is sorted out by the Wolves game! :scarf::banana:

Archived