Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fatbloke

Wolves game live on TV?

It does matter to many who for one reason or another cant get to the game and they would enjoy watching there side on TV for once. I think we have only been on once this season as the Brum game was cancelled which is bad enough, especially as we get £100k+ for being featured!

We'd get 60k for being shown which probably doesn't make up for loss of Revenue,

FCK OFF MURDOCK! :protest:

It does matter to many who for one reason or another cant get to the game and they would enjoy watching there side on TV for once. I think we have only been on once this season as the Brum game was cancelled which is bad enough, especially as we get £100k+ for being featured!

Regarding televised matches in general, I think it's a bit much asking supporters who actually go to games to accommodate those who don't. Especially when you see some of the timings and travel involved. But hey ho, who am I to argue?

Does it really matter whether we're on TV or not? If it wasn't for Sky, most supporters would be able to enjoy watching their teams playing at 3pm on a Saturday.

Thats assuming everyone can get to games.

If it wasnt for sky I wouldnt get to watch any league football. I would also never have seen leicester play until a year ago.

I dont think you have been disrupted much considering how many times we have been on this season :(

We'd get 60k for being shown which probably doesn't make up for loss of Revenue,

FCK OFF MURDOCK! :protest:

75k for away teams which is where I expect you got your figures from.

2 years ago the home team got 150k no idea what it is now, and I expect reduced ticket sales come nowhere near close to 150k plus the added exposure sponsorship etc. that comes with it.

75k for away teams which is where I expect you got your figures from.

2 years ago the home team got 150k no idea what it is now, and I expect reduced ticket sales come nowhere near close to 150k plus the added exposure sponsorship etc. that comes with it.

No.

Championship teams get 60k for showing a game on sky.

I don't think the away team gets any? :unsure:(Don't know)

Sky is half the reason that football is dying. C*nts.

You can see what games are on Sky by going to Sky Text and from the football pages checking the Sky Live section, this tells you the confirmed matches (rearely are any matches added on) for around two months in adavance :thumbup:

Regarding televised matches in general, I think it's a bit much asking supporters who actually go to games to accommodate those who don't. Especially when you see some of the timings and travel involved. But hey ho, who am I to argue?

Some people think that a football fans rating goes up simply because they turn up on a matchday. I disagree. I went from watching us home and away for over 3 years when living in Leicester to driving up from London every weekend for a while and even made sure that the then retail managers job I took had the "condition" that gave me Saturdays off to cater my addiction for my football team (although i told them it was to see my son through a previous relationship lol). My next job wouldnt be so accomodating so I went 3 years and only saw us in the flesh about 15 times within that period. Watching City on SS was fantastic but I do have sympathy for the unemployed who cant get there or those like me who had a change of circumstance and couldnt get alonga s much as I`d have liked.

My point is fans dont get more rights or there is opinion is not more substantial just because they turn up on matchday, especially those who turn up only to moan at every player and never bother to get involved and sing (and theres plenty of them).

Get us on TV more FFS. I blame Cov scum supporting Richard Keys lol

My point is fans dont get more rights or there is opinion is not more substantial just because they turn up on matchday, especially those who turn up only to moan at every player and never bother to get involved and sing (and theres plenty of them).

I can see your point mate but the proper fans go to games, there will of corse be fans that can't make the game and want to watch it on sky but the majority of people that watch games on sky are those who "support" ManU and have been to Old Trafford once in their life time/never.

Sky ruined football.

I can see your point mate but the proper fans go to games, there will of corse be fans that can't make the game and want to watch it on sky but the majority of people that watch games on sky are those who "support" ManU and have been to Old Trafford once in their life time/never.

Sky ruined football.

Do I understand you right? you think the majority of people who watch football on sky are man u supporters?

Do I understand you right? you think the majority of people who watch football on sky are man u supporters?

I think the majority of people that watch football on sky have never been to a game in their livies or have been to very few and therefore in my eyes aren't a proper football fan.

I think the majority of people that watch football on sky have never been to a game in their livies or have been to very few and therefore in my eyes aren't a proper football fan.

Would you say that the majority of train spotters have never ridden on a train?

If it wasnt for football been on tv I probably wouldnt be into football at all, its where I first seen it been played.

I started been into football after seeing leics on sky in the first playoff year under little. TV provides exposure which I think has introduced people to the game, I do remember that attendances were on a downward trend prior to sky taking up football rights and since then have been on the increase again so it has improved interest in the game. What I dont like is the fact the premiership clubs have about 95% of the money and that the top clubs get even more because they on the TV more often.

I have been to both filbert street and the walkers stadium thank you but there is no way due to circumstances I can go regurly.

lol

So you can't watch your team and also watch football on sky? The universe might implode or something with all the twisted logic of a real football fan also watching games on sky :o

Well I know about 20 or more people that have or have had Sky and they have all been life long attendees to football matches, I know many more who have never attended a football match or at least very, very few and have never had Sky Sports.

I can't imagine where you get that thought from, besides in the scheme of things the number of people who subscribe to Sky, not watch in pubs is insignificant when compared to those who actually go to games.

Thats assuming everyone can get to games.

If it wasnt for sky I wouldnt get to watch any league football. I would also never have seen leicester play until a year ago.

I dont think you have been disrupted much considering how many times we have been on this season :(

Some people think that a football fans rating goes up simply because they turn up on a matchday. I disagree. I went from watching us home and away for over 3 years when living in Leicester to driving up from London every weekend for a while and even made sure that the then retail managers job I took had the "condition" that gave me Saturdays off to cater my addiction for my football team (although i told them it was to see my son through a previous relationship lol ). My next job wouldnt be so accomodating so I went 3 years and only saw us in the flesh about 15 times within that period. Watching City on SS was fantastic but I do have sympathy for the unemployed who cant get there or those like me who had a change of circumstance and couldnt get alonga s much as I`d have liked.

Get us on TV more FFS. I blame Cov scum supporting Richard Keys lol

My first point is that as far as I am concerned, there is no "holier than thou" attitude coming from myself. I had to listen to City for years on the radio, never seeing them on TV full stop. That's life, it's not fair, deal with it. I want to see a band live, but the gig is New York. Should I throw my toys out of the pram because nobody is televising the event? Why should football be any different? The game will go ahead regardless of whether the cameras are there, just at a more convenient time for those who are able to go.

It just makes me laugh that people moan that when they see TV games, stadia are half-empty and the atmosphere is lacking, and yet they don't seem to think that the two are connected.

Lower attendances = higher ticket prices

The worst is, the Premiership creams off the money, whilst clubs in the football league may not be paid enough to cover the loss in revenue elsewhere so that someone who, for whatever reason or motive, doesn't go to the game gets to watch it at their convenience.

One final question - how many people do you realistically think would want to watch Leicester on the TV?

That's really going to help the argument that TV is ruining the game.

i try to get to as many city games as possible, as i am out most weekends, if i have a free weekend and city are playing at home i will go, weather or not its on sky makes no difference to me what so ever, however if city are on sky its very handy to sky + so i can still see the match if i am busy. i don't think if you watch footy on sky you are not a fan, its just convenient, don't forget some people cant afford to go to the matches

i sort of 80% agree with you, there are people who are passionate about their team but due to work commitments etc find it hard to get to matches, but i think all fans should make an effort to see their team once or twice a season at least.

there are some fans (manure/chelski especially) who wouldn't go if they were offered a free ticket but still like to brag/lecture us all on how superior their team is.

Archived