Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Out with a whimper - Wolves Post Match

Hi guys, Wolves fan here.

Been today with a couple of Leicester supporters (I work in Coalville).

Thought you scored a lovely goal right at the start and I sat there thinking we might be in trouble what with our poor record at your place. Then we scramble one back and your whole team just seems to roll over and give up! As soon as the second went in there was only going to be one result as far as I was concerned.

You did create a few decent chances, especially McAuley - How did he manage to put it over the bar from 2 yards!!? And Shaun Newton really should have buried his chance when through on goal. Thought he was ok for you today, though not his old self from his Wolves days when he used to bomb down the wing regularly. Obvioiusly getting a bit old for it nowadays.

We haven't got the best defence at the minute but I was suprised at how poor you looked at the back. Continually trying to play offside when we were well in the ascendency in the second half was suicide, Keogh was marginal on a number of occasions and it finally let you down with the pass to Keogh for the own goal.

At the time I thought the pen was nailed on, but on seeing the pics on Sportbox, it may have been a bit soft. Can't really tell if they got the ball or not.

We could have had 2 or 3 more goals with a bit more clinical finishing from Keogh and Kightly though - I still can't believe these two cost us the grand sum of £625k!!

Oh and did you lot think the ref was a complete ****? Far too whistle and card happy for my liking. Premiership ref my arse. All the Prem refs we've had at Wolves this season have been crap.

Your fans were pretty quiet. Obviously been one of those seasons you want to forget. Thought our fans were great today and was suprised to see so little trouble, especially as a fair few fans got tickets in the home sections in L and N blocks according to our forums.

I am glad you stayed up though, as I enjoy coming to the Walkers as it's a nice ground. I will warn you though, next season don't expect Mandaric to throw money at the club, do a Portsmouth, and walk the league. Wolves fans know from long experience of a rich benefactor that it takes more than that. You need the right manager and the players with the right attitude. Pompey had the right manager in Redknapp and players like Merson who had something to prove. We had over-paid lazy good for nothing players for too long and we're all honestly glad those days are over.

Anyway, I'll shut up now. Good luck for next season, though hopefully we'll be in different divisions :thumbup:

im Sooooooooooooooooooo angry, what a bunch of overpaid fookin underworked wankers!!

I admit im drunk and a bit emotional, but that was fookin shocking and am embarrased to be supporting that shite.

What was the defence doing??

Sack the lot of em!!

I cant see any positives from that game and hope Milan gives us a squad to be proud of next season cos todays shower of shit can all fook off to non league for all i care. :dunno::angry:

Hi guys, Wolves fan here.

Been today with a couple of Leicester supporters (I work in Coalville).

Thought you scored a lovely goal right at the start and I sat there thinking we might be in trouble what with our poor record at your place. Then we scramble one back and your whole team just seems to roll over and give up! As soon as the second went in there was only going to be one result as far as I was concerned.

You did create a few decent chances, especially McAuley - How did he manage to put it over the bar from 2 yards!!? And Shaun Newton really should have buried his chance when through on goal. Thought he was ok for you today, though not his old self from his Wolves days when he used to bomb down the wing regularly. Obvioiusly getting a bit old for it nowadays.

We haven't got the best defence at the minute but I was suprised at how poor you looked at the back. Continually trying to play offside when we were well in the ascendency in the second half was suicide, Keogh was marginal on a number of occasions and it finally let you down with the pass to Keogh for the own goal.

At the time I thought the pen was nailed on, but on seeing the pics on Sportbox, it may have been a bit soft. Can't really tell if they got the ball or not.

We could have had 2 or 3 more goals with a bit more clinical finishing from Keogh and Kightly though - I still can't believe these two cost us the grand sum of £625k!!

Oh and did you lot think the ref was a complete ****? Far too whistle and card happy for my liking. Premiership ref my arse. All the Prem refs we've had at Wolves this season have been crap.

Your fans were pretty quiet. Obviously been one of those seasons you want to forget. Thought our fans were great today and was suprised to see so little trouble, especially as a fair few fans got tickets in the home sections in L and N blocks according to our forums.

I am glad you stayed up though, as I enjoy coming to the Walkers as it's a nice ground. I will warn you though, next season don't expect Mandaric to throw money at the club, do a Portsmouth, and walk the league. Wolves fans know from long experience of a rich benefactor that it takes more than that. You need the right manager and the players with the right attitude. Pompey had the right manager in Redknapp and players like Merson who had something to prove. We had over-paid lazy good for nothing players for too long and we're all honestly glad those days are over.

Anyway, I'll shut up now. Good luck for next season, though hopefully we'll be in different divisions :thumbup:

You got it spot on mate,

our players just collapsed. You were much more up for it than us, which is shit from my point of view!!

Good luck in the play offs, remember the best team never wins it,we should know!!

Nice cross from Nils for our goal :)

To be honest I was most annoyed by the fact that we had the old faces playing today. Would have prefered Porter to Tiatto and some kids on the bench. Seems as soon as Worthington settled in he gave up pretending he liked giving the kids a chance and went back to the players who won't be playing for us next season.

Wasted money for me as the tickets were purchased but I had to change my plans, maybe I got lucky lol

The result was terrible but they needed to win and we didnt. We were on a hiding to nothing in this game so lets be positive and look forward to next season.

In the cold light of day, this was a most depressing result. Ok it was a nothing game for us but after all the crap the fans have had to put up with this season you would have thought they would put the effort in one last time :dunno:

Personally I couldn't give a crap if they pull on a Leicester shirt again or not. I'm really disillusioned with LCFC (have been since CL) and even the prospect of Milan's couple of hundred grand can't get me excited.

Gimme the summer, my Saturday's back and some cricket :cool:

fook am I glad I didn't go yesterday!

I think I made the correct decision by going to see Spiderman 3. :cool:

I think you did definitely!

Possibly one of the worst second halves I've ever seen in my life..... :rolleyes:

Bag of poo.

Great run and cross from Skills to set up Hume, but can't really think of any other highlights.

Defending was a shambles - admittedly Wolves had some good players going forward though. McCarthy has done a terrific job for them on limited resources. Kightly and Keogh were good spots.

Have to agree with Lemond about Stearman getting in the face - the only disappointment being that it didn't knock him out.

I'm just so fuc kin glad this season is over and done with. Will probably miss it in a few weeks time - hopefully the manager and transfer speculation will keep me going.

Archived