Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Out with a whimper - Wolves Post Match

Hmm... We started quite powerful and the early goal was brilliantly played out.

Everything that followed after was a complete shame.

The players knew they had a shot at finishing the season with a fine display for the fans.

Instead, they played another 80 minutes of crap.

No passion, no fighting spirit (apart from Hume maybe). Back four completely elsewhere, sleeping off their hangover. They were virtually limping on the field. None of them, not even McAuley and Kisnorbo could be arsed to communicate properly and take care of a proper defensive line.

Hughes wasted a couple of good opportunities, but then again, it's Hughes we're talking about.

Hume showed traces of egoism. No need to shoot from one row back when there's better passing options. At least he and Newton ran their socks off, something others failed to do.

Fryatt was contained for most of the game. No chance against defensive giants like McNamara or Breen, they were all at least one head taller than Matty. Then, why we returned to the dull long-ball game is beyond my knowledge. That system is completely useless, since we don't have any tall players up front.

The sending off for Kisnorbo harsh, but justified. Did our team a huge service with his ridiculous tackle. :angry:

The linesmen were abysmal, ignoring a clear offside position. The referee clearly not up to the task. He even wanted to show Tiatto a yellow for a properly executed free-kick...

All in all, this game symbolized all the bad things about this squad. A fine example of why this season went so terribly wrong. I still don't get it how this collection of t"ats in blue and white managed to win at Preston and Barnsley.

And to the chavs and the coppers in sector L: Wonderful performance with all the pushing and shoving. Luckily enough, nobody got hurt.

I'm glad this season's over.

95 percent of the players ought to be shipped out and placed on a remote island, never to return again. They didn't even come up to the fans after the final whistle, instead made their way to the cabins real fast after one forced lap around the ground.

What a dreadful display....it's gonna cost a lot of money and a bloody good manager to get us in the premiership within 3 years!

didn't see the game today and only got to listen to the first 25 minuites [because i had a football match] was todays performance worse than the game against sheffield wednesday [home match]

didn't see the game today and only got to listen to the first 25 minuites [because i had a football match] was todays performance worse than the game against sheffield wednesday

worst performance all season i would say, i think probably the worst performance since our 4-3 defeat to wolves when we were in the Prem..

I'm probably being overly abusive (for a change) and for that I apologise to suckmycock, but as much as I hated Kelly I would NEVER have wanted us to lose to see him go.

the result was irrlevant for us but i would have hated to see NW with 3 straight wins he would definitely be in with a shout for the permanent job.

perhaps me using the word 'pleased' was wrong i should have said 'i'm not disappointed that we lost' obviously i can never really be pleased that we lose.

worst performance all season i would say, i think probably the worst performance since our 4-3 defeat to wolves when we were in the Prem..

Please dont remind us that while we already down and depressed. :(

Today was a bloody disgrace. Nothing short of abysmal.

Stearman's best contribution was being twatted in the face.

Kisnorbo's was being sent off and MacCauley's was putting the ball into his own net.

Skills was on a different planet when he was meant to be defending and Tiatto obviously lacked the desire once we went behind.

Newton demonstrated that he has it in him to be good, the only player to run at their defence all match.

Hughes vanished. I've seen it happen so many times this season that it's beyond a joke - he must go.

Wesolowski operated as he should but other players kept encroaching into his space to the extent that he had to start shouldering City players off the ****ing ball.

Fryatt and Hume ran around like headless chickens - and for the umpteenth time this season they kept ending up in the same damn part of the pitch together.

Moreover, Hume's goal was a mis-kick.

Who was in the box? Which striker had the responsibility to be going near and far post? Why were they playing exactly the same inept way that they did under Kelly.

Come this time next season I hope that Wesolowski is still with us, maybe Newton too. The rest of them can simply **** off.

Newton was impressive today. I am now certain that I would lke him to stay. As Lemond said he was the only man to run at the Wolves defenders and force them to do something.

All in all, this game symbolized all the bad things about this squad. A fine example of why this season went so terribly wrong. I still don't get it how this collection of t"ats in blue and white managed to win at Preston and Barnsley.

I wouldn't mind seeing some blue and white tats. :cool:lol:ph34r:

Come this time next season I hope that Wesolowski is still with us, maybe Newton too. The rest of them can simply **** off.

Sounds awful, seems like we've fallen even further than the depths we plunged about 5 weeks ago. :ermm:

So really, was he any good today?

Yes he was. The only player that attempted to do anything with the ball. All the shite we've had on the right wing this year maybe makes it easier for him to look good but I thought he did ok today.

He was better than most in both vision of passing and ability to attack players with the ball.

With Weso, one of the only players in the starting 11 I would like to see retained next season.

Not really.

Apart from running all over the place and showing some enthusiasm, most of his actions led to nowhere as he either wasted the opportunities himself or because the others just weren't up for the task and running around like scared chickens someplace else.

Or maybe they had all smoked too much weed, because they were in a different sphere today. Sadly enough, their "qualities" were somehow missed ON the pitch.

Can't believe I made the trip back from london in the middle of 2 night shifts to watch that, but I'll be lookin forward to next season

Stearman's best contribution was being twatted in the face.

Kisnorbo's was being sent off and MacCauley's was putting the ball into his own net.

Skills was on a different planet when he was meant to be defending and Tiatto obviously lacked the desire once we went behind.

Newton demonstrated that he has it in him to be good, the only player to run at their defence all match.

Hughes vanished. I've seen it happen so many times this season that it's beyond a joke - he must go.

Wesolowski operated as he should but other players kept encroaching into his space to the extent that he had to start shouldering City players off the ****ing ball.

Fryatt and Hume ran around like headless chickens - and for the umpteenth time this season they kept ending up in the same damn part of the pitch together.

Moreover, Hume's goal was a mis-kick.

Who was in the box? Which striker had the responsibility to be going near and far post? Why were they playing exactly the same inept way that they did under Kelly.

Except that Stearman made three important blocks first half and I presume he was substituted cos he was injured. I would rather have had him with a a smashed face, two broken arms, blistered feet and cold sores than had Kenton.

Fryatt was his usual inept self, he really makes an art form outof being second to the ball, Hughes couldn't demonstrate the final ball to a class of two year olds and who the hell said don't sell Kisnorbo?. what the hell are two of the slowest defenders you can imagine doing playing the offside trap? It's fecking juvenile.

Finally I said playing Tiatto was totally negative. You have Porter fit again and Cadamarteri arriving on the back of an excellent display at Bansley and what do we do. Go all negative at home by playing Tiatto. Time I waited for him and Hughes to drive into the boxand neither managed it.

Porter is not a winger but to imagine Tiatto can play the role better is an insult to the lad. He had one excellent chance and blazed it over, just like Hughes and that is pretty well par for the course. Tiatto has his strengths but they are not as an offensive player- and we were at home!.

Worthington could have attacked with attitude but he blew it. Simple as. And in he blew any chance of being manager either now or, if Ince fails, at a later date. No points from three home games? I don't think so.

Poor. Not alot of fight atal today,Wolves are a good side and we were lucky to come away only letting four in to be honest. All the goals could have been prevented though,sloppy defending for the first and second. Disapointing end to a very disapointing season. Bring on next year.

Except that Stearman made three important blocks first half and I presume he was substituted cos he was injured. I would rather have had him with a a smashed face, two broken arms, blistered feet and cold sores than had Kenton.

Fryatt was his usual inept self, he really makes an art form outof being second to the ball, Hughes couldn't demonstrate the final ball to a class of two year olds and who the hell said don't sell Kisnorbo?. what the hell are two of the slowest defenders you can imagine doing playing the offside trap? It's fecking juvenile.

Finally I said playing Tiatto was totally negative. You have Porter fit again and Cadamarteri arriving on the back of an excellent display at Bansley and what do we do. Go all negative at home by playing Tiatto. Time I waited for him and Hughes to drive into the boxand neither managed it.

Porter is not a winger but to imagine Tiatto can play the role better is an insult to the lad. He had one excellent chance and blazed it over, just like Hughes and that is pretty well par for the course. Tiatto has his strengths but they are not as an offensive player- and we were at home!.

Worthington could have attacked with attitude but he blew it. Simple as. And in he blew any chance of being manager either now or, if Ince fails, at a later date. No points from three home games? I don't think so.

I disagree entirely vis-a-vis Kenton and Stearman, but agree that it was a poor team selection from Worthington. It was a negative approach to finish a negative season and I resented him standing idly by during the second period of the first half (as a Kelly cut-out).

Tiatto was leaving us, and it showed: As soon as we went behind he gave up. To have selected him was ignorant.

A warm welcome to Wolverhampton Wanderers to the Walkers Stadium, as you know they have a good chance of making the playoffs so here's 3 points on a platter for them as the real Leicester City make their way on to the pitch.

So it turned out to be lots of :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Shocking stuff. How can a team go away and keep two clean sheets, and then have a home game, albeit against a better team, but have such a terrible defence. That's the worst I've seen Kisnorbo since the Levein days, and McAuley took the harder chance of his two when he clinically beat Logan.

The rest don't deserve commenting on, except half man half lizard Newton, who was alrate.

Archived