Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Micky Ruddle

Leicester City

He would do well to invest this summer before the clubs coming down get even more flush with money. I'd surprised if he wasted money though.

The only thing i'm wary of is yes we have money, and with the rumoured budget (8 Million I have heard, how true it is is another question) we should be challenging for promotion, spending the money is another question though. For instance if we have Ince as manager I don't have much faith at all.

IMO the main thing we need to do is get rid of the deadwood (The majority of the players) if we can replace the with only half decent players, it would be an improvement!

I think this season will be really different, I really do! The major prem clubs look like spending obsurd amounts of money because they have not only got the new TV money but many have new owners who will be ploughing cash in (Manure, Liverpool, Villa etc). The lower league Prem clubs will be also looking abroad because there isnt that much in the lower leagues to improve there squads. I genuinely believe that there will be plenty of surplus decent players from the Premier who will be made available to those who have a few quid in our league but I dont think that there will be that many clubs able to compete with us in the transfer market within the second tier.

Not many sides in teh Championship have spent money and not had that many rewards with maybe the exception of Crystal Palace but there manager, you may have heard of him, has a record of pants signings (Kuqi for nearly £3m is as bad as Ade for £5m). Cardiff have spent a few quid and had a decent season although they did fall away a bit, Stoke have added quite a few players, Birmingham spent a bundle as did Derby and Sunderland didnt stop doing deals. Success can be bought at most levels but in particular it can be achieved within this division and for teh first time in ages, we will be amongst the bigger players at this level.

Start upping the standards lads and lasses because we will be smiling more than frowning next season. The play-offs is a realtic target IMO.

Top half is what I expect next season, with the funds availiable (Although as I said in a previous post, Its alright having funds, spending them is another question and i'm not sure I have the faith in Ince should he be appointed, but who do you trust? :dunno: Personally not many people after what PT did :@) a Top 10 is what i'm looking at, we have money now no excuse, money doesn't buy you success but it will buy you a hell of alot more than the current losers we currently have. People talking of Playoffs and promotion I think is abit OTT, but Top half/Top 10 no excuse's.

if coleman gets the job, i think he will spend very wisely, he knows the game very well, and certainly and eye for players. we will be looking forward if we appoint him

• 3 weeks later...

As soon as Martin Allen was appointed, i am actually now looking forward to the new season. You may think i am daft for thinking this, but i'd say, as MA said, there would be 30,000 people turning up for the first home match. Also, with a good set of players, who are willing to play for the team.

As soon as Martin Allen was appointed, i am actually now looking forward to the new season. You may think i am daft for thinking this, but i'd say, as MA said, there would be 30,000 people turning up for the first home match. Also, with a good set of players, who are willing to play for the team.

I hope the first home match isn't on a Tuesday night. :rolleyes:

The only thing i'm wary of is yes we have money, and with the rumoured budget (8 Million I have heard, how true it is is another question) we should be challenging for promotion, spending the money is another question though. For instance if we have Ince as manager I don't have much faith at all.

IMO the main thing we need to do is get rid of the deadwood (The majority of the players) if we can replace the with only half decent players, it would be an improvement!

Lets just wake up folks and get a reality check!! WE HAVEN'T GOT MONEY!!!!

Milan estimated 9 million over 3 years which is p.i.s.s. all when compared with parachute payments for the three teams which will be coming down with decidedly already far better sqads than us! No Billy Sharpe type players will be coming so just forget it folks and wake up and smell the coffee. If Luke Varney cost Charlton 2.5 million, do we really think Milan is going to blow it all on one unproven player etc.

The best we can realistally hope for is similar to what teams like Stoke did last year with loans and out of contract players which is where the 3 million will go in my humble opinion. Even this would be an improvement, but has Allen got the experience like like Tony Pulis etc. Kelly's signing were terrible and hadn't a clue what he was doing.

As for Martin Allen, he probably all Milan could attract to this club and I sincerely wish him well though the usual drivel about 'big club' 'great history' etc suggests he's another who just says what is expected. Lets hope 'Mad Dog' has some real balls about him and starts to tell it like it really is, particulary to the players. I'm fed up of hearing excuses, if we played crap then just say so! like Warnock would. This 'we're all in it together and we all take the blame together is absolute crap. If one player has a mare of a game and didn't work his nuts off he needs telling and shaming instead of being allowed to hide. Lets remember, they're not doing it for the love of it, they're highly paid and should be expected to train hard, look after there bodies and perform to the best of their abilities!

I feel better now, and by the way the new kits crap, tacky and embarrassing!

Cheers!

Lets just wake up folks and get a reality check!! WE HAVEN'T GOT MONEY!!!!

Milan estimated 9 million over 3 years which is p.i.s.s. all when compared with parachute payments for the three teams which will be coming down with decidedly already far better sqads than us! No Billy Sharpe type players will be coming so just forget it folks and wake up and smell the coffee. If Luke Varney cost Charlton 2.5 million, do we really think Milan is going to blow it all on one unproven player etc.

The best we can realistally hope for is similar to what teams like Stoke did last year with loans and out of contract players which is where the 3 million will go in my humble opinion. Even this would be an improvement, but has Allen got the experience like like Tony Pulis etc. Kelly's signing were terrible and hadn't a clue what he was doing.

As for Martin Allen, he probably all Milan could attract to this club and I sincerely wish him well though the usual drivel about 'big club' 'great history' etc suggests he's another who just says what is expected. Lets hope 'Mad Dog' has some real balls about him and starts to tell it like it really is, particulary to the players. I'm fed up of hearing excuses, if we played crap then just say so! like Warnock would. This 'we're all in it together and we all take the blame together is absolute crap. If one player has a mare of a game and didn't work his nuts off he needs telling and shaming instead of being allowed to hide. Lets remember, they're not doing it for the love of it, they're highly paid and should be expected to train hard, look after there bodies and perform to the best of their abilities!

I feel better now, and by the way the new kits crap, tacky and embarrassing!

Cheers!

excitable person arnt you :yawn: if you have read what the couple of dons supporters and the brentford fan have said then you will have realised he always says it how it is

edited typo

...wake up folks and get a reality check!! WE HAVEN'T GOT MONEY!!!!

...just forget it folks and wake up and smell the coffee

...The best we can realistally hope for is similar to what teams like Stoke did last year

...As for Martin Allen, he probably all Milan could attract to this club

...This 'we're all in it together and we all take the blame together is absolute crap

...by the way the new kits crap, tacky and embarrassing!

Matt - stop trying to post incognito, we all know it's you

we will only get 30k fans in the walkers for the first home game if some good signings are made and we have some easy opposition (so not burnley, hull, bristol or plymouth PLEASE)

Id rather a big team came here instead, like Leeds.

:doh:

Archived